IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

So far, XLXE is pretty good. The New Zealand perspective doesn't alter things at all. It's just pure computer nostalgia talk, which is always a hoot to listen to. There's a huge world of Atari 8-bit games to talk about which has been a bit untapped.

B+

Edited by S1500

• 1 month later...

Hmm...that's not the podcast I thought it was. (Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. I listened to the first five seconds and thought "Hmm, this sounds fun. I'll download it and listen later.")

There is going to be another arcade podcast - simply called "'80s Arcade Podcast" - scheduled to launch tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what’s happened to the Retro League Podcast? The website is gone, the forums are gone, all of the YouTube content is gone, and you can’t listen to them on iTunes. Did they decide it was time to stop? They did have a good run for sure.

I hadn't heard anything about them stopping, they recorded a new show 5 days ago. I know Hugues was planning on closing the forum and moving the website, maybe he's doing that now and having some problems with it.

• Like 2

I just heard from Zach Komon on Facebook that the Retro League Podcast is done. He said their was a short message left to the Patrons on Patreon thanking them for their patronage and apologizing for ending the podcast. No reason was given.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1

^^^^Wow. Holy $%^&!!!

Guess my previous post was wrong...

This was my weekly go to podcast for many years. I hope nothing crazy happened that made them need to stop. The Retro League will be missed by me.

d7bfc90d67479e7b131703a10af36407.jpg

They were very well liked on iTunes it looks like. Its really a loss to the retro podcasting community.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 1

I subbed for quite some time earlier on, but have since cut way back on 'casts (& listening in general). I did enjoy TRL despite some minor quirks & admired their longevity & dedication.

There has to be a reason for all this.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2