IGNORED

Tronics Treasure Trove

Opry99er

I had to go to Colorado this week for my grandmother's funeral. Sad time. We started the initial process of assessing the contents of her house, and (as some of you know) her basement is a floor to ceiling disaster. Over the past decade, I have been able to recover several boxes of TI stuff from her basement, including P Boxes, cartridges, disks, cassettes, consoles, a printer, etc.

This week, during a quick survey of the basement, I uncovered a large box full of documents, manuals, and brochures relating to Tronics--most of which are from 1983. A cursory look through the materials gave me the impression that these are docs which have never been scanned in or archived before now. I will take some aerial shots of the collection when I get home and then get to scanning.

I know that in that basement still exists at least one trunk full of cartridges and potentially another loaded PBox. There are some Tronics clothes and at least one Tronics trucker hat in a bag down there somewhere, and (unless I'm gravely mistaken) there is also a unique console with a blue Tronics logo/decal across the top part of the console.

This trip wasn't about treasure hunting. This trip was for grieving with my family, remembering my grandmother, giving thanks, and planning for the disposition of her humble/meager estate. I plan on going back out in April or May to help my uncles take care of the clean-up efforts and, at that time, I will see if I can recover the remainder of my dad's 1983 Tronics haul.

May take me some time to get all the scanning done, but for now--I can tell you there are product brochures, sales manuals, and several other interesting and unique items from 35 years ago... some of which are still sealed in cellophane.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

R.Cade, my dad was the warehouse manager for the Ft. Worth location, and my mom answered phones in the front office. When Tronics folded up, they let dad fill his car up with whatever he wanted. The stuff in gram's basement is the last of that big haul.

I often give him sh** for not grabbing more 3rd party stuff, but he says "we never thought this stuff would be worth anything... the company closed and the warehouse contents were auctioned off after the staff was laid off. We just grabbed the stuff we thought we could use for playing games."

He gave a complete and fully expanded TI system to my maternal grandparents, my paternal grandparents, and both my uncles. All was lost except for the stuff dad gave to me and my big sister, and the boxes of stuff at my dad's mom's house (Grammy). She was my last living grandparent.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm going to start going through these hopefully tomorrow morning--maybe trying to scan a few pages a day before I go in to work. First thing I want to get up is a high resolution scan of the program library, since there seems to be some interest here and on the FB group. It would make a nice poster or t-shirt. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm going to start going through these hopefully tomorrow morning--maybe trying to scan a few pages a day before I go in to work. First thing I want to get up is a high resolution scan of the program library, since there seems to be some interest here and on the FB group. It would make a nice poster or t-shirt. :)

Bring it on!

• Like 2

dude, id be down with either one.