IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

I got my order today. STOKED! These controllers are excellent! Great build quality, no connector pin issues (I'm not bragging... I promise!) I have an Atari brand Pro controller and I can't really tell a difference between them. Well, I imagine this is what a new Pro controller felt like back in the day. Very happy, Highly recommended! I just might buy another pair. Thank you Starwander for the wonderful product!!!

• Like 2

Finally got my Jag out to test the new controllers with my original Pro. Very similar between the 2. Fire buttons seem identical to me. Shoulder buttons I like the click on the new one. The original Pro had a slight click, but the new one feels a bit more responsive.

The grey keypad buttons are more spongy than the original. I didnt notice any real difference in using them, but the original are a bit more firm to the touch (though they are soft buttons).

The D-pads were pretty similar. I like the new D-pad a bit better. Feels a bit more responsive - hard to put into words.

Both my connectors worked fine first try - no bent pins.

Great job!

Thanks for the comparison to the original pro controller! :thumbsup:

Is there anyone else that just wants the one controller (preferably UK based) £111 with shipping is a tall order for me, with Christmas shopping to do and all...

Invite over all your friends to try out the new controllers, then tell them "the joy of playing videogames is my gift to you"....

• Like 1

Got mine in a few days ago, first controller only has issues with the Z button requiring a hard press. Unfortunately the second controller malfunctions on me and was unusable. Starwander showed some great response time however and will be send a replacement for that one. Thanks again for doing this. I can FINALLY. Play some Atari Karts and Primal Rahe with my son!!!

• Like 3

I was playing Protector and T2K with one of the new controllers last night. Works great.

I've never really used the hyperspace in Protector before because the 4/6 were too hard to hit in gameplay, but the shoulder buttons make it easy!

• Like 2

I see on FB that these have aleady appeared on ebay. Also Nicholas Perseijn has already modified one into a rotary that he's selling.

Well now you can buy only one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-Atari-Jaguar-Pro-Controller-Lot-of-1-Brand-New/163401468284

or two:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-Atari-Jaguar-Pro-Controller-Lot-of-2-Brand-New/163401466573

The seller is starwanderfirst so I venture he is the same person.

The rotary combo is also interesting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-Rotary-Generic-Pro-Duo-Controller-For-Tempest-2000-T2K-Frontmount/273586666526

• Like 1

I have my controllers but my Jag is currently packed away. Reading that there have been some quality issues is there a good test program for the Skunk that tests the Pro? If not what game would give it a good run?

Not expecting any issues but I just want to make sure they work 100%

Go for it, its exciting to see how people will modify these.

Done!

If anyone is interested in doing the same, wire the Left button to pins 7 & 8 and the Right button to pins 2 & 9. The pins are located between the two internal boards.

Obviously this makes a dedicated AVP controller to some extent. I'm sure a switch could be used to toggle between two modes though. Hopefully someone figures out a way to hack the AVP ROM to make this mod unnecessary.

post-3245-0-42637700-1543746388_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BeefMan
  • Like 3