IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

This will be a tough one, lots of solid games. I don't think this is one of those no brainer years where one title was head and shoulders better than the rest. I'm not sure how I'll be voting...It should be interesting.

I don't know ... That Beat'em Eat'em looks to be a winner. How can any of the others even compete? :grin:

This will be a tough one, lots of solid games. I don't think this is one of those no brainer years where one title was head and shoulders better than the rest. I'm not sure how I'll be voting...It should be interesting.

I see 4 titles I cannot easily choose from for my vote

• Like 1

Lot's of rom hack stuff that we excluded from our competition. ;)

the Atari awards is huge and in fact confusing me.... many categories... I cannot approve all that I see there... but still have to check better... maybe we find suggestions for improving the GOTY next year?

• Like 1

the Atari awards is huge and in fact confusing me.... many categories... I cannot approve all that I see there... but still have to check better... maybe we find suggestions for improving the GOTY next year?

its simple....

1.) I compile EVEVRYTHING (I'm the curator of "The List" for Atari homebrews and hacks) - which is the list you're looking at

2.) We have a committee selected already that will trim it down to 10-12 titles per category (10 categories in award show) - during Jan 2019

3.) open voting will begin at the end of Jan 2019

4.) Live results presented on the Twitch show: ZeroPage Homebrew in Feb. 2019 (with awards and possible winners calling in to accept)

its simple....

1.) I compile EVEVRYTHING (I'm the curator of "The List" for Atari homebrews and hacks) - which is the list you're looking at

2.) We have a committee selected already that will trim it down to 10-12 titles per category (10 categories in award show) - during Jan 2019

3.) open voting will begin at the end of Jan 2019

4.) Live results presented on the Twitch show: ZeroPage Homebrew in Feb. 2019 (with awards and possible winners calling in to accept)

Just curious, but approximately how many Atari 2600 homebrews had cart releases? How many had CIB? I genuinely know very little about homebrews outside of the Intellivision community.

• Like 1

Just curious, but approximately how many Atari 2600 homebrews had cart releases? How many had CIB? I genuinely know very little about homebrews outside of the Intellivision community.

the ones listed on the list as "available at...." or "sold out" - all others had some type of ROM posted online somewhere during the year

Edited by Arenafoot

the ones listed on the list as "available at...." or "sold out" - all others had some type of ROM posted online somewhere during the year

So if I'm reading the Atari list correctly, there have been 18 (new) games already released in physical form during 2018 + 2 games to be released in physical form in 2019, another 28 games in digital form (and yes, I consider being included on the Retron 77 as digital form), one game (Baby) which is unclear to me as I doubt one sells newly made cartridges on itch.io for $1 each, and two games that are strikeover which I suppose means they have requested to not be part of the Game of the Year awards?

The Intellivision people seem to have settled at 15 games for 2018, not counting games planned for physical release but not yet there, nor WIPs, raw contest entries, other freebies, hacks or demos. Basically if we limit it to games released in physical form, the Atari 2600 has an advantage of a mere 3 titles compared to the Intellivision for 2018.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

So if I'm reading the Atari list correctly, there have been 18 (new) games already released in physical form during 2018 + 2 games to be released in physical form in 2019, another 28 games in digital form (and yes, I consider being included on the Retron 77 as digital form), one game (Baby) which is unclear to me as I doubt one sells newly made cartridges on itch.io for $1 each, and two games that are strikeover which I suppose means they have requested to not be part of the Game of the Year awards?

The Intellivision people seem to have settled at 15 games for 2018, not counting games planned for physical release but not yet there, nor WIPs, raw contest entries, other freebies, hacks or demos. Basically if we limit it to games released in physical form, the Atari 2600 has an advantage of a mere 3 titles compared to the Intellivision for 2018.

And technically Intellivision had 16 physical releases.....long story.....

Yeah by my count: for the "homebrews" section...16 released and sold in physical form (several more coming in 2019 - never made it before the end of 2018) and 34 titles completed and ROMs (either final or a WIP ROM) released/posted somewhere online, & the strikeover ones are titles that didn't get released during the year (but were scheduled to).... hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

Yeah by my count: for the "homebrews" section...16 released and sold in physical form (several more coming in 2019 - never made it before the end of 2018) and 34 titles completed and ROMs (either final or a WIP ROM) released/posted somewhere online, & the strikeover ones are titles that didn't get released during the year (but were scheduled to).... hope that makes sense.

we are proud of 15 titles for intv and in general about the increased effort by intv community (I just checked the replies/views counters from previous gotys and each year we are bigger and bigger)...

what is the live coverage exactly? is this something that can be worked out for intv as well?

• Like 1