IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

• 4 weeks later...

Hello 5200 fans. While we prepare for our Star Wars Review Episode we are arranging a bonus interview episode with friend of the podcast Average Software creator of Ratcatcher and Realsports Curling. If you have any questions you would like us to ask please post them here https://www.facebook.com/TheAtari5200Podcast/, on our Atariage thread or the podcast email.

• 2 weeks later...

In my current video I've got info on how to really enjoy Atari 5200 and 7800 Robotron 2084 using a little method involving controller adapters that I learned from our resident adapter-maker, bohoki. The info on this starts at 7 minutes and 17 seconds in:

Also- Space Dungeon can also be a great game to play this way.

• Like 1

we really owe alot to the N64s crazy controller layout for the creation of the ultraracer* and the makopad (superpad) if intereact is going to spend $30,000 on molds you better belive they are going to use them for other systems

thanks for posting this here if it was on the 7800 forum i wouldnt have seen it

ps is that grey,bluebutton a suncom fx2000 do you experience the autofire jitter on the 5200

*maybe much is to be blamed on the predominance of racing games for the n64 you know about the up down trigger on the bottom but using the trigger for up down is almost as nonintuative as using the wheel for driving the moon patrol

• Like 1

In my current video I've got info on how to really enjoy Atari 5200 and 7800 Robotron 2084 using a little method involving controller adapters that I learned from our resident adapter-maker, bohoki. The info on this starts at 7 minutes and 17 seconds in:

https://youtu.be/FjkutgqVZ0w

Also- Space Dungeon can also be a great game to play this way.

So can you not use the finger trigger for thrust on Asteroids with the ultraracer?

we really owe alot to the N64s crazy controller layout for the creation of the ultraracer* and the makopad (superpad) if intereact is going to spend $30,000 on molds you better belive they are going to use them for other systems

thanks for posting this here if it was on the 7800 forum i wouldnt have seen it

ps is that grey,bluebutton a suncom fx2000 do you experience the autofire jitter on the 5200

*maybe much is to be blamed on the predominance of racing games for the n64 you know about the up down trigger on the bottom but using the trigger for up down is almost as nonintuative as using the wheel for driving the moon patrol

Great insight about Interact and the N64. Good thing we had a racing game craze in the mid/late 90's!

Yes, that is a Suncom FX2000. It appears it can be set to rapid fire on either the left or right button- or both at the same time :) Thanks for alerting me to this. Just tried it out on 5200 Moon Patrol- worked great!

So can you not use the finger trigger for thrust on Asteroids with the ultraracer?

I just tried it again on 7800 Asteroids and I found out that the trigger does work to thrust. I clicked a lever on the side of the controller and it suddenly worked. Guess I'll have to point that out in the Ytube video description...

Now we have an awesome way to play Asteroids. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Recently there were quite a few rare 5200 games up at auction on eBay. Gauntlet for the 5200 sold for $192. Wow that was out of our budget range, Tried to pick up Tetris but that sold for over $110. However I was able to pick up an old game made by John Swiderski of Mean Hamster Software Inc. Its called Irata's Quest: Doomed Isle and its basically Legend of Zelda on the 5200. See what is possible with the 5200 in the right programmers hands 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeGYWvBTgLQduPbzUXNwr

post-38693-0-34571400-1552408130.png

post-38693-0-54774300-1552408135.png

post-38693-0-53976100-1552408142.png

post-38693-0-34642400-1552408148.png

• Like 1

Recently there were quite a few rare 5200 games up at auction on eBay. Gauntlet for the 5200 sold for $192. Wow that was out of our budget range, Tried to pick up Tetris but that sold for over $110. However I was able to pick up an old game made by John Swiderski of Mean Hamster Software Inc. Its called Irata's Quest: Doomed Isle and its basically Legend of Zelda on the 5200. See what is possible with the 5200 in the right programmers hands 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeGYWvBTgLQduPbzUXNwr

I wish they had more of theses Zelda games for the 5200!

• Like 1