IGNORED

Intellivision in "The Americans" on FX

BBWW

I've been binge watching "The Americans". A currently running spy show set in the back drop of the 1980's. The son on the show had been begging for an Intellivision. Over several episodes they set it up. It got so frustrating for him he broke into a house to play Astrosmash.

Any other TV show appearances for the Intellivision?

• Like 3

The BSRs mentioned that Intellivision II made an appearance on That 70s Show - though the timeline was a little off. They had II's on a store shelf before it had actually been released.

They had Auto Racing and I think one other game on Knight Rider ... In fact I have meant to power watch to see just how many references, but, time.

• Like 1

Knight Rider used Auto Racing to TRACK a car they were after.

Also, Space Battle, but played with an Atari Joystick, so It may have been the M Network version?

Though just as easy to prerecord game play and give the actor the joystick to "play" with.

I just picked the series up for $20ish on DVD. Didn't think the Bluray for $50 was worth it? But the box was sweet for the Bluray version.

• Like 1

The Space Battle on Knight Rider was definitely Intellivision. The car in the show plays both Intellivision and Atari 800 games; not sure about the 2600.

Knight Rider s1e21 "Nobody Does it Better" apr 1983

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCVMbwLEM8

Knight Rider "Deadly Maneuvers" s1e3 oct 1982

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uBo2YKIHatI

There's another Auto Racing episode like 1980gamer says.

SCTV Merv The Special Edition 1982

Intellivision starts at about 8:15 in this clip

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJel7QwXm2k

Saturday Night Live; Joe Piscopo previews the 1982 superbowl with Intellivision and Atari.

post-43287-0-29385300-1490868469_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've been binge watching "The Americans". A currently running spy show set in the back drop of the 1980's. The son on the show had been begging for an Intellivision. Over several episodes they set it up. It got so frustrating for him he broke into a house to play Astrosmash.Any other TV show appearances for the Intellivision?

They have a computer in the latest season. Won't spoil it by saying what it is.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Saturday Night Live; Joe Piscopo previews the 1982 superbowl with Intellivision and Atari.

attachicon.gifnewsbreak10.jpg

For those who don't know, the NFL Players Association went on strike in 1982; seven games were canceled in the middle of the season, and for a while in October/November that year a lot of people thought there might not be a Super Bowl at all. I'm guessing that's the backstory of this Joe Piscopo bit.

Anyhoo, there were a couple of Intellivision sightings in Married...With Children. In an early episode, Bud gets "a new video game" from the mall (what appears to be a new copy of Space Battle or Star Strike or some such). In the episode where Al takes his car to the carwash and it gets lost (it was actually just so old and dirty that when it came out clean nobody recognized it, lol), there's a boxed Intellivision II on a shelf inside the carwash. Why a carwash would be selling an Intellivision (and in the mid-'90s by this point) is beyond me, but what the hell. :) :-D

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I was just watching this show and the Intellivision was featured quite a bit in this particular episode of The Americans - " season 2, episode 8: "New Car". "Henry" the main character's son has been asking for an Intellivision as a present but they've been reluctant to give him one.

Well, in this particular episode, Henry broke in to his neighbors house while they were gone to play Intellivision. :lol:

Astrosmash was the game he was playing when they came home and discovered Henry, fast asleep on their couch, with a controller (bonus points for having the overlay in it) still in his hand. I took the opportunity to snap a couple pictures. :P

Great show! I've been binge watching it the past couple days. Anyways, though some of yins would get a kick out of it... I know I did. :)

post-37932-0-82012000-1549432088_thumb.jpg post-37932-0-20985500-1549432111_thumb.jpg post-37932-0-88739400-1549432129_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The Inty made more than one appearance on Knight Rider.

https://twitter.com/IntvPrime/status/1082736712604925953

Knight Rider used Auto Racing to TRACK a car they were after.

Also, Space Battle, but played with an Atari Joystick, so It may have been the M Network version?

Though just as easy to prerecord game play and give the actor the joystick to "play" with.

I just picked the series up for $20ish on DVD. Didn't think the Bluray for $50 was worth it? But the box was sweet for the Bluray version.

• Like 1