IGNORED

Mini Inty is Needed, Please Build?

First Spear

A Raspberry Pi-esque with a miniature LCD and casing? Cute, but what about the controllers, you would need USB versions of those plus that the display seems more like a gimmick than practical. I think you can load an Intellivision emulator on various handhelds as well if you want to play it on the go.

Exactly, it's about the cute form factor. Controllers would go to an external USB or Bluetooth device, so the "console" itself could stay small. The external stuff could remain off-camera. :)

Super adorable! I see how they did it https://thecakeisaliegaming.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/tasty-amiga-pi-a-quick-overview-to-building-a-mini-amiga/

and where the case came from https://retropicases.com/collections/all

not cheap, but cute cute cute!!

I'm going to try to get the EmulationStation running on my Raspberry-Pi-like single board computer "CHIP". It's tiny, and would fit in a case not much larger than that LEGO one. Although the USB-to-Inty controller adapter would have to be external. Or hack some Inty controllers to have the adapter internal so it's "native USB".

I'm going to try to get the EmulationStation running on my Raspberry-Pi-like single board computer "CHIP". It's tiny, and would fit in a case not much larger than that LEGO one. Although the USB-to-Inty controller adapter would have to be external. Or hack some Inty controllers to have the adapter internal so it's "native USB".

You are one of the lucky few to actually got a CHIP, yeah? The company went belly up last year. Any word on how many they sold? I heard many of their pre-orders were never shipped.

It's my understanding that the CHIP has Debian running on it, and jzintv has a Linux release so you don't necessarily need to use EmulationStation unless you want, or need, the front-end.

In regards to a USB-to-Inty adapter, there are a few on the market. They are all too big to make it internal to the controller, but the smallest one that I could find is what I used on my Ultimate Intellivision Controller it is the Raphnet Intelli-USB adapter board

... Or hack some Inty controllers to have the adapter internal so it's "native USB".

In regards to a USB-to-Inty adapter, there are a few on the market. They are all too big to make it internal to the controller, but the smallest one that I could find is what I used on my Ultimate Intellivision Controller it is the Raphnet Intelli-USB adapter board

This is how I would imagine doing it:

post-43396-0-06448100-1549742561_thumb.jpg

I just bought this case...

http://retroflag.com/MEGAPi-CASE-M.html

I wish these guys would make A2600 and Inty versions as well. The quality is superb and the price is great. For what you pay, you get a very well designed and high quality replica that doesn't look 3d printed, or cheap.

I have the NESpi case as well, which I think is sub-par compared to the Sega Megapi case.

You can even modify the case to run dual fans, which is a great option.

JR