IGNORED

ISO: Dot Matrix Printer

Opry99er

Okay folks.... It is finally that time... I tried very hard to keep my old beloved printer, but it is beyond my capacity to repair it. When we get down to analyzers, alligator clips, resistor and LED testing, etc., you can count me out.

It's not that I couldn't learn how to do it... I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person capable of absorbing and processing information... it's just that I don't really WANT to learn how to do it. My "fun" time needs to be spent making games or newsletters-- working on graphics or basically anything else besides digging into chips and tracing leads on a printed circuit board. Some people love that kind of work... I "wish" I loved that kind of work, but unfortunately I do not.

So... here I am. Looking for a parallel dot matrix printer which is tested, ready to go, and capable of printing TI graphics. I also need the cable that goes with it.

I am happy to pay a fair price for it, or perhaps trade (if the owner prefers that).

I can buy one on eBay, but most are untested or "for parts" and none have been tested with a TI parallel port. I don't want to make a cable for it or try to figure out the pinouts of anything. I just want something that works. Printers should "just work." :D

Anyway, a huge thanks to everyone who helped me in my quest to get my lovely lovely Panasonic KX-P1091 going. It didn't work out, but that's okay. :) I still learned a bunch in the process.

I'll be ready to buy next week. For now, I'd love to hear what you have. Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you have a printer. Much obliged, everyone.

I don't have a dot matrix, and I never will again. (I'm still hoping for a TIPI compatible utility for my network printer.)

I do have a cable (shown below) that has been sitting around for YEARS. I do not even remember what kind of printer the TI was hooked up to. If you want to make me an offer +$7.80 shipping, it could be yours.

post-35324-0-64603700-1549850333_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone. I have a possible deal in place for an old PHP 2500 printer--basically a re-branded Epson RX-80. This one has been upgraded to use both serial and parallel printers.

For now, I will consider my printer need "filled." :)

Again thanks to everyone for the messages and posts.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I have a possible deal in place for an old PHP 2500 printer--basically a re-branded Epson RX-80. This one has been upgraded to use both serial and parallel printers.

For now, I will consider my printer need "filled." :)

Again thanks to everyone for the messages and posts.

Those are good printers. Solid too.

Yes... I am hoping very much that this will finally end my printer woes. :D I'll be waiting a couple weeks before it can ship, but I can hold out at least that long. My first TRUMAN U-GOAT TIMES newsletter will have to be done using stock graphics and printed entirely on a laser printer, but that's okay. Issue #2 will be full of goodies. :)

Edited by Opry99er