IGNORED

Atari Jaguar cart holder from etsy

LS650

A week or so ago I noticed an etsy seller selling 3D-printed cartridge holders for a variety of systems, including the Jag. At any given moment, I might have a half-dozen carts sitting loose next to the Jaguar on my coffee table, so I thought this might be a great idea.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/664887600/atari-jaguar-fancy-slanted-game-holder

I ordered one and when I get it, I'll post a little review...

post-8320-0-90225100-1549741571.jpg

• Like 5

Now that i have a 3D printer, I've been looking around for various Atari related projects, but not everyone uploads their designs to Thingiverse. I did snag the 5200 dual controller print from there, and it works pretty well (Robotron 2084 and Space Dungeon are SO much better with two controllers like this)

I was about to say the same thing. I bought my Dad a 3D printer for Christmas and downloaded an .stl file for one. (probably the same one lol)

So did you print one, and if so, what do you think of it? Is it sized well for the carts, etc?

So I loaded my jaguar cart holder stl file into Cura, and sliced it ready for printing. Due to the size limitations of the printer I have. The data file can only be printed on its side and placed diagonally on the build plate. My build plate specs are 210x210x205mm. The holder is just ever so barely too large for my build plate. Total print time would be about 31 hours for my printer.

I received this cartridge holder for the Atari Jaguar yesterday. I have to say I have mixed feelings about it....

It does look pretty good and I like the design. However, I think it is just a smidge too small. To insert carts is difficult: I find that the slots are very, very snug. If I push a cart all the way into a slot, it takes a tremendous amount of force to pry the cart back out. The slots should really be at least a couple more millimeters wider and longer. Pretty disappointing.

I wrote to the etsy vendor, and all he wrote back was essentially, "Gosh that's too bad - for future orders we'll try printing at 101% or 102% so the carts fit better."

So, yeah, I can't recommend the vendor. If you print your own from the files on thingiverse, you might well have a better experience.

• Like 1