IGNORED

TNT Cowboy, another Kai Magazine game for Intellivision is now FINISHED!.

Hello everyone,

I am Oscar Kenneth, from Kai Magazine (Developer of Ninja Odyssey).

Here we are again to let you know that we FINISHED the second game for Intellivision (now it is in beta-testing process) and that it will be published by Elektronite on April if the betatesting process checks out.

The game’s name is: TNT Cowboy

An explosive Western Action RPG.

Imagine playing a game such as Zelda or Final Fantasy, in which you defeat your enemies by blowing them up with TNT charges.

Yes, this game is a full blown action RPG with experience points, level ups, money, quests, etc, but also, the combats have Bomberman elements.

Just watch the video and you will understand (NTSC colors):

https://youtu.be/Ws0aIlTEql0

It can’t be appreciated on the video but the game works completely smooth at 60 fps (50fps on Pal/Secam) but the video conversion and emulator and vsync problems make it impossible for me to record a 1:1 video.

This game also features a real time shadow system which modifies the shadow casted by the solid elements in the game as they change (due to the explosions) and the main character gets affected by the shadows as well.

This game took us thousands of man hours to complete and it is really big.

There is a full screen intro with several images, an ending with the same, several complex BGM, many many areas to play etc.

The game is more than 200Kb big, which if I am not mistaken, it is the biggest finished game for Intellivision ever created (not demo, there are bigger demos).

I usually make Kai Magazine covers myself (such as Ninja Odyssey and many of our other previous games) but for this game I hired a professional cover artist who did a really nice job.

I also hired a music composer and I wrote and adapted the music on Intellivision format.

We all went the extra mile for this game to make it as big as we could. I really hope you like it and that you will support it so we can continue making games for Intellivision.

On that regard, I can tell you that we started the development on the third game already.

“Antropomorphic Force” will be a fast-paced frenetic Sci-Fi Arcade Space Shooter with humanoid shaped robots, weird aliens, multiple scroll layers, multi-colored sprites (player and enemies) and lots and lots of stuff moving on the screen at the same time.

We will show you something as the game advances further, but I can tell you that it already looks better than Ninja Odyssey and TNT Cowboy.

As we learn more about the Intellivision hardware we can do better stuff.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Special thanks to Elektronite, Artrag, Nanochess,Victor Sanchez, Miguel Angel Jimenez and Xavi Sorinas for making this possible!

post-66395-0-16524200-1551565566.png

post-66395-0-72861800-1551565578.png

post-66395-0-91071000-1551565583.png

post-66395-0-11925400-1551565590.png

post-66395-0-22321100-1551565603.png

post-66395-0-13569900-1551565609.png

post-66395-0-08970500-1551565615.png

post-66395-0-67807000-1551565621.png

post-66395-0-02932500-1551565630.png

post-66395-0-23476900-1551565636.png

post-66395-0-47665200-1551565642.png

post-66395-0-37365500-1551565649.png

post-66395-0-76715900-1551565656.png

post-66395-0-70509600-1551565662.png

• Like 23

Sick graphics, wow.

As an action rpg, what is the estimated time for a playthrough and does it come with a safe-function? Anyways... wow.

Edit: Skipping the opener doesnt help - "Continue" pretty much answers the question about saving. Rises the wow.

Edited by Ignorama

Sick graphics, wow.

As an action rpg, what is the estimated time for a playthrough and does it come with a safe-function? Anyways... wow.

Edit: Skipping the opener doesnt help - "Continue" pretty much answers the question about saving. Rises the wow.

Hi Ignorama, thank you for your wows, I really apreciate them :)

Yes, the game includes a save feature. You can save your progress at the clinic and continue playing another day.

Regarding the duration time, it can vary a lot since there is an action element so it depends on how good a particular player is at action games, but I estimate it can take from 8 to 14 hours to be finished for the first time.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1

Its not just me, I shared the info about the game on a german board and even not Intellivision-Fans are impressed, really impressed.

https://www.nexgam.de/forum/thread/92511-intv-tnt-cowbay-aka-holy-shit-sieht-das-geil-aus-o/?postID=2399048#post2399049

For example this comment:

Sieht besser aus als manch ein NES Game.

The translation is: It looks better than some NES games.

And that is so true, if I just watch the video I really never have guessed its Intellivision. I am really hyped, the first time for some years. Just great work and I really love your passion for details, like the shadow on the character sprite when he walks under a roof. And on the other board somebody mentioned that the text-screens are like the ones from old silent films, I missed that part until he pointed that out.

So thank you very, very much for a really well made and with passion made game for the Intellivision. I lost my passion to buy homebrews the last couple of years, but this beauty got my attention. I am happy to get a copy in April!

Edited by Ignorama

Now it is I who must say wow;

Thank you very much for your kind words, I really felt them and this gives me strenght to continue making games for intellivision and try to do better every time ;)

And thank you for creating awareness of the game on other communities!

By the way, please take a look at our previous game which is already available for sale, perhaps you will like it too:

• Like 1