IGNORED

Disk definition for Adam

Vorticon

Hi.

Does anyone know the disk definition for the Adam by any chance for CP/M? I've been trying to use CPMTOOLS to copy files to disk images using the following definition (trial and error), and I am able to get the directory to show the proper files but they don't run.

seclen 512
  tracks 40
  sectrk 10
  blocksize 1024
  maxdir 128
  skew 4
  boottrk 2

Hate to say it, but I can't recall for the life of me. I used 22Disk v1.40 by Sydex a lot BITD to transfer CP/M files and for earlier versions one would choose another computer disk format that was 100% compatible and then IIRC later versions added ADAM CP/M support as a choice for disk format.

You should try ADAM Image Maker by Eric Pearson. He released it a year ago and should handle all your needs.

I've also included ADAM Connection, which is an ADAM EOS specific version of 22Disk.

Also, I would recommend joining the Coleco ADAM Facebook page seeing as William Hicks and Eric Pearson are frequent posters on there compared to AtariAge.

22Disk v1.40 (1993) (Sydex).zip

ADAM Image Manager v1.0 (2018) (Eric Pearson).zip

ADAM Connection (1993) (SpeedyWrite Software).zip

Thanks! It looks like the ADAM Image Manager will indeed solve all of my problems. I should have asked sooner rather than spend an entire evening trying to guess the disk structure of the Adam...

I did join the Facebook Adam page, although frankly I hardly ever go on Facebook anymore...

On this topic. When I have tried to use ADAM Image Maker, it seems to corrupt the files. I have tried moving basic programs to a .dsk file and the programs are always corrupt.

I tried the Image Maker to transfer the Turbo Pascal 3 files to a CP/M blank image and it worked fine. Did you use the blank image provided with Image Maker?

Not sure what I was doing wrong. I have a few basic programs that I copied from the DSK image to my PC. When I try to copy them back they are always corrupt. I think there is a bug in the interleaving that Image Maker Uses, the corruption starts always at the same spot. if I use a DDP image, it works fine.

If there is indeed a bug in AIM, you could continue to use it with DDP images and then convert this image with Steve Pitman's Virtual ADAM to a Disk image which in turn adds the proper disk interleaving.

I'm not sure if Eric is a member here, but he is on the Coleco ADAM Facebook page.