IGNORED

Steve Myers' 'Fighter Pilot'

I've been cataloging some old tapes and I came across a TI BASIC game called Fighter Pilot, by Steve Myers. The only reference to it I've found online was its inclusion in a Stainless Software .dsk file, so I'm assuming it's from 1982-3. Does anyone know anything about the author, or if he had any other titles for the TI?

I'm going to do some screenshots and share the listing later. It's an interesting program. There's not much to the game itself but it's very atmospheric, with a lot of setup and backstory to get you to a simple target shooting exercise. Very cinematic - sort of the 16K equivalent of a good cut-scene in today's games, I guess. :)

• Like 3

Hello InfernalKeith,

i am very happy about the news of the cataloging of tapes, lovely! :)

I also sent you a pair of PMs some weeks ago to ask about some of them but because i haven't got any reply thought that you was not interested.

anyway i think this Fighter Pilot is already dumped and present into the GameBase,

is this the one you've found?

post-24673-0-27153200-1557850582.jpg

• Like 4

That is the one!

I am just now unearthing my TI and other systems, cleaning up my 'war room' and sorting what I have, after several years of neglect (this is why I've been listing so many things for sale in the Marketplace and on the Facebook TI 99ers group). I still don't have it completely organized, and I am a little nervous about sending any of my original tapes away, even temporarily, due to the postal services and their ability to sometimes beat up a package or lose it.

I sort of forgot about the TI Gamebase since I've been out of the loop for a while! I need to get it and cross-reference as I start checking these old tapes out, hopefully I can find some forgotten treasures on them to share!

• Like 3