IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found a CIB Atari Tablet with software

The Tablet, Pen, manuals, warranty cards, Cartridge, & Floppy were all intact.. with a pretty decent box.

All for 4.99. I was way excited and the wife looked at me like I was pathetic..

They also had a complete Genesis model 1 19.99, and a ton of Sega Sports titles... 2.99 each, all clean and complete..

Daniel

BTW this was GoodWill.

Just picked up Spy Hunter and Piece o' Cake at the local pawn shop for a total of 2 bucks. :D They both work just fine after I cleaned them and they look good. That is the first R6 I've found in the wild and I was just about to buy Spy Hunter on Ebay. Happy Days are here again! :) Rare Atari games found in the wild now: Tooth Protectors(they knew it was rare and it is in great shape; paid 80 dollars); Picnic, Piece O' Cake, and Spy Hunter for a total of 3 dollars. :)

Just picked up Spy Hunter and Piece o' Cake at the local pawn shop for a total of 2 bucks. :D  They both work just fine after I cleaned them and they look good.  That is the first R6 I've found in the wild and I was just about to buy Spy Hunter on Ebay.  Happy Days are here again! :)  Rare Atari games found in the wild now: Tooth Protectors(they knew it was rare and it is in great shape; paid 80 dollars); Picnic, Piece O' Cake, and Spy Hunter for a total of 3 dollars. :)

Nice find on the Spy Hunter. That ones been on my list for a while and I know I'll have to go the overpriced ebay route myself. :sad:

Got 10 NES games for $15 bucks:

Gold Zelda

Mafat Conspiracy

Burai Fighter

Infiltrator

Yoshi's Cookie

Loopz

Donkey Kong Classics

Shadowgate

Faxanadu

Skate or Die

The only bummer was that I found when I got home that the Gold Zelda had a piece of the case broken off near the bottom. Circuit board is fine and plays well, but a bit of a downer. A good mix of games for my trade/sale list anyway.

Excellent, an automatic famicom collection!

80 famicom discs? cassttes?? for $3. The majority are unique jap releases like doki doki and super mario 2 which is the missed levels? or some such thing on the snes allstar cart. Only problem here is that I cant for the life of me find my famicom disk system. found 2 ram adapters but as for the disk system? ah well

Found a Commodore 128D yesterday for $25. Base unit, keyboard, 2001 monitor, Y/C video cable, serial cable. I noticed that a keyboard alone went for $26 recently on ebay. This is only the second one that I've found in the wild.

And it's not a thrift find, but today I think I've figured out the finer points of burning self-boot DC discs under OS X. I burned a controller tester disc, and a Dcolem that didn't have three copies each of half the ROMs, and it uses long file names too.

I haven't been thrifting lately, because it's always dry around here. But I went out today, and actually found some great deals! An Atari 5200 2-port, with the power supply and two controllers, plus Pac-Man, Joust, Dig-Dug, Pole Position, Mario Bros., Moon Patrol, Galaxian, Q*Bert, and Popeye - all for $7.05, with tax. (The woman who got it out from behind the counter for me told me that it was half off, so it should ring up around $3.50, but the non-English speaking register girl didn't figure that out. I didn't make a fuss, I knew I was getting a deal!) A Beeshu Striker Sega Genesis control pad, in box, with a headphone jack built in, $2.50. The Simpsons - Bart vs. The Space Mutants for the Sega Game Gear, $5.99. Panzer Dragoon, new, for the Tiger R-Zone, $1.25. RoboSport for the Mac, (great for my old Powebook 180C) $1.00.

There are a couple of Super Famicom units, accessories incl. at one of the local Thrift. 15$ each. Are they worth it?

I think so. I bought a Super Famicom today for $10.00, it came with 2 controllers, rf switch and a Genesis power cord. Also a disk Drive that attaches to the top.?!? So I need an extra power cord for the Super Famicom.

To continue from the post above, i also found a Super Nintendo complete with 6 games, SuperMario World, Super Mario Allstars, Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, and Secret of Evermore. The whole set for $21.50

I also found a JVC X'EYE with 4 controllers, no power or video cables, but came with 6 boxed Sega CD games, 1 boxed Genesis game, 1 boxed Japanes Megadrive game, and 3 loose Genesis games. All for $20.00

Four NES games: Gun Smoke, Donkey Kong Classics, Athletic World and Galaga. All for $10.00

My latest thrift finds:

NES Action Set, in box, Zapper, 2 controllers, all hookups, and three games: Guerilla War, Wheel of Fortune, and SMB/DH for 20$. 'Twas my best find ever :D

And then went back a few days later and picked up: grey Legend of Zelda, Double Dribble, Bases Loaded, and another SMB/DH for 6.45$ total...

That thrift store has been good to me :D but now all they have is a ton of sports games for Genesis that I don't want! They need to clear those out and get more NES games...but I might go back and buy some. :P