IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

A couple of days ago, I went to a thrift store, there were 2 Genesis's, a few common '2600 games, and a $3.99 Wico '2600 pad. I passed all of those up. Yesterday, I went to the flea market, and there was the "Atari Guy" that sells lots of games, all tested and cleaned, at high prices (IMO). Systems also, tested and cleaned as well. I didn't see anything I liked, but there were lots of rares like Up 'n Down for $60 or so, cleaned and tested and Snoopy and the Red Baron ($20) (which I don't consider rare, but in the wild, sure). All his stuff was overpriced, $30 for a cleaned and tested GameGear, give me a break :roll: !

When you try to "install" a PS1 game it lets you know it isn't a valid PS2 disk.

And thanks to you I just noticed that all of the PS1 games I own are SquareSoft titles.

I'm going to take my butt to the padded room and sulk at the the sudden realization that I'm a Final Fantasy loving, Squaresoft fanboy...

DAMN YOU!

i finally get a proper find in houston and at the last place i expected ; my neighborhood value village which has been dry for months; these are my finds

two neo geo joysticks $3 each

one neo geo power supply $2

one atari 600xl with no powersupply $3

one apple IIc with working powersuply $5

one 4 switch woodgrain atari 2600 console no accesories $4

one NES with NARC game inside no accesories $6

i cant test the neo geo stuff so that is for trade . the atari 600 xl has no power supply so im unable to test it .the appple IIc works , it just needs a boot disk . the NES worked perfect after the madatory alcohol cleaning to eliminate "The Blink". the narc game works .the 2600 will not power on but i suspect it to be the infamous voltage regulator if i can i will replace the regulator and hope for the best if not i will trade it for a non working 2600JR to fix mine. in conclusion a very good day for me :D

There's a place called "The Barn Sale" about 45 minute drive from my house. They buy estates and they have hundreds of vintage games from 2600 up to N64 and PS1 and everything in between. I picked up a CIB Tetris Attack and 4 CV carts - Burgertime, Centipede, Victory, and Roc&Rope (which seems to be dead) :sad:

I'll be going back. Not much on the rare side for Atari but there are hundreds of boxed and loose NES games, I'm sure some of them are rare but I wouldn't know. Anyone know what NES games I should look for as far as rarity/worth?

Atarileaf:

Tengen Tetris is a great find for NES. As is any of the Dragon Warrior Carts that aren't 1. Dragon Warrior IV is the rarest. Most of the aladdin carts are worth getting loose for cheap. Kid Icarus is rare. Most of the megaman carts are worth picking up on the cheap. Final Fantasy I is worth picking up too.

I'm trying to find a 31 in 1 cart. I haven't seen one in years, and they aren't listed in most price guides, and most people seem never to have heard of it.

It pays to wait.. and hide things.

Cube:

Eternal Darkness - $4.99

NASCAR Thunder - $2.99

Xbox:

Tetris Worlds (Non-LIVE version with alternate graphics) - $2.99

Dr. Muto - $2.99

Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver - $2.99

Legends of Wrestling - $2.99

Legends of Wrestling II - $2.99

PS2:

Black & Bruised - $2.99

Alter Echo - $2.99

Haven: Call of the King - $2.99

PS1:

Power Puff Girls: Chemical X-traction - $2.00

All brand new sealed wrapped awesome cool and all. Some will be sold. Some will be kept.

After about 30 or so garage sales in a few different towns this weekend, here's what I got.

COCO2 $2,

and annoyed.

Some former freinds of my grandparents snaked me out of a 4 switch with controllers, and about 25 games for $5. They are convinced it is worth hundreds to thousands of dollars

After about 30 or so garage sales in a few different towns this weekend, here's what I got.

COCO2  $2,

and annoyed.

Some former freinds of my grandparents snaked me out of a 4 switch with controllers, and about 25 games for $5. They are convinced it is worth hundreds to thousands of dollars

Let them enjoy their delusion until they try to sell it on eBay, then laugh long and hard that they get no bids. :D

Went to a HUUUUGGGEEEE flea market today(next best thing to thrift stores) and spent about 80$ on games...Hauled in 34 Atari 2600 games(common stuff, 4 Pac-Mans!!! :x :x ) for 10$, so for 34 cents a piece not bad.

Got some Super Famicom games(which I don't know what they are, as I can not read japanese!!) for 2$ a piece. Cool Stuff

And the motherload....Factory Sealed P.O.W. for NES....5$..I almost pissed my pants in amazement..I was like :) when I saw it and :D :D when I bought it!! Also, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, all complete for SNES, and Pirates, and Ghosts 'n Goblins, both NES, for 5$ apiece as well(same for the SNES games)....Yea, I was in ecstasy!! It was amazing and they had more boxed, complete games for SNES and NES for 5$ but I was running out of money and got those.

Also bought some other NES games, nothing too exciting...I'll post the full haul later if anyone is interested..

Btw, anyone know what a facotry-sealed POW might go for?? :ponder: Just wondering of course

Just back from a couple of days in Winnipeg where I hit a few Value Villages. Picked up the following.

NES Zelda 2 - boxed & complete for $5.99

Atari 2600 carts -

Mountain King

Time Warp (Zellers)

Q*Bert

Infiltrate

and 2 Proline Joysticks, all for about $13.

Some of the 'Big City' prices were shocking. One VV wanted $5.99 for a fairly scuzzy copy of SMB/Duck Hunt (which is routinely $1.99 at the VV in Thunder Bay and still overpriced) and a crappy looking N64 for $34.99!. The second one I went to had loads of 2600, 7800 and Colecovision carts, but money was tight so I had to be choosy with my selections.

Technically not a "thrift" find but still cool. I bought a bunch of NES stuff from my girlfriends parents. I ended up getting:

3 systems, 1 was a boxed action system

about 15 games, nothing real spectacular

a game genie with a code book

a shit load of wires and controllers and a couple nintendo power issues.

The fun part is cleaning that stuff, its been sitting in a basement for quite a while. Its pretty nasty.

About three days ago, in a Goodwill store in Houma, Louisiana, I found for the Atari 2600: Kool-Aid Man, Lost Luggage, Adventures of Tron, Towering Inferno, Kangaroo, and an unlabeled Parker Bros. cartridge, all 49¢ each. I seriously considered buying a TRS-80 COCO3 with a couple of small books taped to it, along with a pair of joysticks for only $5.99, but I only had a little money on me, and I just couldn't justify buying it. I don't know too much about the COCO, so I probably wouldn't use it very much. Let someone else get it and use it.

Well, after a pretty grim day of thrifting, I picked up a probably overpriced Philips CDi 220 of unknown working condition with a Digital Video Cartridge and two controllers for $25, an awesome loaded 1996-vintage P1 Win95 PC for $15 (I needed a legacy system badly), a Mac powerbook without power cord for $10, and I found a copy of Atari Video Cube bundled with 5 other games for $3.

I did pick up another 10 nice "black" 40's jazz 78's, which are worth nothing according to eBay but that I still enjoy. Someday someone is going to appreciate these with some dollars. :)

H.E.R.O. (2600) - $5

Also saw a PAL (in USA?!) Joust (2600) for $5, passed that up.

For some reason, there was a lot of Nintendo (N64's and toaster NES's), Sony (PS and PS2), and Atari (2600 stuff, you never anything else) stuff today. There were also a lot of keyboards for some reason. :ponder:

Not a total loss today, first time out at a car boot sale for a month or so as Ive been a bit under the weather. :(

After a lot of looking with no result (Saw a loose dreamcast priced at £40 , what a joke...) was walking back to the car, when i spotted a small box of master system stuff.

Got 10 games (9 of them CIB) , a pad, and a few extra manuals, all for the princely sum of £2 !! :) No haggling required. :) (maybe i should have tried £1.50 though... ;) )

I would have taken them for that price whatever games they were, but forgotten worlds and dynamite dux were included so it was a bit of a result ! (Loved forgotten worlds back in the day, never tried it on the MS though, hope its as good..)

Happy days...

Si