IGNORED

The Knight Rider 2600 project

HardWork

One, why not a dual controller system? trackball in trackball mode (code out there, apparently), and Pad . . . Or Indy controller and Pad . . .

Two, Ghostbusters would be the perfect thing to use if it was done as a hack . . .

Three, it's never going to happen . . . If it did, I actually think it'd get some sort of revival distribution, perhaps in a modern console collection . . . Note to the people who make the 10-in-1 sticks, license some good original stuff . . . It's out there . . .

Four, my port of DDR would happen first . . . :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

and another screenshot, from the pal version :)

it's the final battle beetween knight rider and mr. jon smith. as you probably have noticed, mr. smith has a smile on his face. but we know, that it won't last long.

now, when it's the time for sequel, i think you have to do some Paint drawings of new controller, the game screens, maybe even try to paint david hasselhoff - the other guy from your "Team" could print it at his work!!! you will have a poster from the game.

post-5591-1093315849_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Quite the amusing thread....... one question Hard Work....

On the first page of this thread, you said"

"The prototype Jypad is finished, and I use it often with my 2600 Library."

Then later on, you said:

"It could be out there on the market next year, but we'll see how the early models do in the "lab." Right now I'm working with clay models, so the production phase is a ways off, and we're consumed with the KR title that uses it at this time."

Maybe I misunderstood something. Do you actually have a funtioning controller?

I'm not sure you're going to get a response--his last post was a year and a half ago, in this very thread.

..Al

OMG! :D I never even looked at a single date... a little embarrassed now.

I wondered how a thread like this (8 pages long) could've slipped my attention over the last few days. Thanks for clueing me in Al. :)

I'm not sure you're going to get a response--his last post was a year and a half ago, in this very thread.

..Al

OMG! :D I never even looked at a single date... a little embarrassed now.

I wondered how a thread like this (8 pages long) could've slipped my attention over the last few days. Thanks for clueing me in Al. :)

In answer to your question: Supposedly, he fashioned a game controller (basically broke a Genesis controller in half and glued the Star Raiders keypad in the center). But then he went on to say that it made existing games more enjoyable...like Night Driver (which is NOT a stick-controlled game). So he was either delusional or full of shit. Neither sounds very promising if you are anxious to see DH's hair make an appearance in a 2600 homebrew.