IGNORED

High Score Club: The Rules & Info - UPDATED 2024

Ze_ro

I have a question regarding screen shots:

For those of you who are always posting screenshots with your score, how are you taking them? If on a TV, what's the best way to get a decent picture? On certain games, I can't get a clear picture with my camera no matter what I try. 99% of the time, I play on a real machine, so I'd like to be able to take decent pictures to post with my scores. Any advice would be appreciated.

I know exactly what you're getting and this is what i do. hold your camera close and activate your digital zoom. Then pull the camera back so you can see the whole tv, and take a picture. That elimates all lines for me.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try if/when I beat my previous Popeye score or next week if I don't beat it. I'm Popeye'd out for now. :D

• 2 months later...
I have a question regarding screen shots:

For those of you who are always posting screenshots with your score, how are you taking them?  If on a TV, what's the best way to get a decent picture?  On certain games, I can't get a clear picture with my camera no matter what I try.  99% of the time, I play on a real machine, so I'd like to be able to take decent pictures to post with my scores.  Any advice would be appreciated.

798228[/snapback]

I use my digital camera with the flash turned off so there is no glare from the flash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up... if you want to join the club, all you have to do is post a score for the most recent game and I'll automatically add you to the list (The idea being that only active participants get on the list, rather than people who seem interested and then disappear for 4 years). This thread is mostly for discussion of the rules at this point.

--Zero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yeah, sign me up! Hopefully, I can get my Atari Switchbox fixed soon! ;D

885382[/snapback]

Hey there,

All you need to do is post a score and you're a member! :D

I'm going to make this thread a read only. If ze_ro wants, he can unlock it, but I don't see a need to keep it open.