IGNORED

Forum Migration Tonight!

Albert

in a strange coincidence both atariage and digitalpress, my only forums, both decided to switch formats on the same weekend my computer died. so now i'm using what used to be my mame-cab computer (sigh) and i keep thinking its the new computer making everything seem slightly odd in forum land.

i know i'll be happy to have the "edit" feature back! lets see if spelling level of atariage posts gets kicked up a notch or not. right now everything looks sort of oversized, like i've stumbled onto the large print addition of atariage.

i know i'll be happy to have the "edit" feature back! lets see if spelling level of atariage posts gets kicked up a notch or not. right now everything looks sort of oversized, like i've stumbled onto the large print addition of atariage.

835031[/snapback]

Whoops, I had set the Edit feature so you could only edit messages within 30 minutes of posting them, but I have (at least temporarily) removed that restriction. So you should see the edit button now for any of your posts. Editing messages after 30 minutes is useful in several situations (such as in the Marketplace Forum) so I probably will leave it as is now. :)

..Al

Is there an ignore button?  :ponder:

835039[/snapback]

There are two ways to ignore a user. You can open their profile (by clicking on their avatar or username) and then "Ignore User", or you can go into the control panel ("My Controls" at the top) and click on "Manage Ignored Users".

..Al

Maybe I missed something, but is there a reason why there are several posts from this morning that are now missing? I thought we'd only lost post that were posted during the actual migration time.  :?

835040[/snapback]

Any posts from when we took the old forums down at about 1am (CST) to about 11am (CST) today did not make the transition. We made a backup of the database at 1am, which is essentially a "snapshot" that was then imported into this forum. Unfortunately, this process takes some time (several hours), and this was the best way to do a smooth transition without taking the forums down for the entire duration.

..Al

Not sure if I should post this here or not. Is there a feature similar to the "find my posts"? Where you can see if a thread you're participating in gets a response. It's nice to see those if someone replies to something you wrote, you can respond.

Thanks! :cool:

Not sure if I should post this here or not.  Is there a feature similar to the "find my posts"? Where you can see if a thread you're participating in gets a response. It's nice to see those if someone replies to something you wrote, you can respond.

Thanks!  :cool:

835058[/snapback]

It's a fine place to post it :)

Yes you can.. down at the bottom of the post there is little set of three links:

Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

Clicking on Track this topic will bring you to a screen that gives you the options so you can decide if you want email notifications etc.

Not sure if I should post this here or not.  Is there a feature similar to the "find my posts"? Where you can see if a thread you're participating in gets a response. It's nice to see those if someone replies to something you wrote, you can respond.

835058[/snapback]

Yes you can.. down at the bottom of the post there is little set of three links:

Clicking on Track this topic will bring you to a screen that gives you the options so you can decide if you want email notifications etc.

835059[/snapback]

(I should also add that in the posting form when you go to add a reply, under 'Post Options', there is a checkbox for recieving email notifications as well!)

How about ye olde "egosearch" where it shows all of the threads you've posted to?

835050[/snapback]

Click on your profile, or anyone's. There is an option to search for user's posts and user's topics :)

835053[/snapback]

Not quite the same thing. "Finding users posts" displays the actual post itself, not the thread. There is another option, (Find Members Topics) but that only shows the topics that person started not just the ones they have participated in.

I think Maibock and I are looking for the same thing.

835058[/snapback]

835059[/snapback]

Thanks

I was kind of hoping like the previous setup which would list all the threads you were a part of at one click of a button. It would be convenient since I access AA from different computers and I'm not always in email. I'll try it that way though and see what happens :)