IGNORED

Welcome to the New Server! (Please Read)

Albert

I just noticed that locked threads refuse to be marked as read.  :ponder:

835199[/snapback]

LOL.. well the locked thread icon is just orange, there's no 'no read messages' version of it :P

835201[/snapback]

Well, go fix it, it worked on the old board. :P

I just noticed that locked threads refuse to be marked as read.  :ponder:

835199[/snapback]

LOL.. well the locked thread icon is just orange, there's no 'no read messages' version of it :P

835201[/snapback]

Well, go fix it, it worked on the old board. :P

835202[/snapback]

No problem, I'll put that right on my list there.. yeah.. any day now :)

What is the "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" tab for? It is in 'My Controls' dose this mean that some functions are going to be paid members only in future? If so what kind?

Haydn

PS. Pined mesages come to the top of searches, they didnt befor, can this be changed?

PPS. I forgot to say how fantastic the new forums and features are. Thanks for the effort.

Edited by Haydn Jones

AAHHHHHH............I lost my saved PM's!!! :sad:  :(  :_(

835219[/snapback]

They are still on the old forums, which I'll give people access to so they can retrieve them. I may also try to see if I can import them into the new forum, but that may take me a day or two to get to.

..Al

What is the  "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" tab for?  It is in 'My Controls' dose this mean that some functions are going to be paid members only in future? If so what kind?

We aren't going to be using the "Subscriptions Manager" feature of the forum, but I haven't yet figured out how to remove that option in the control panel. I'll rip it out manually if I have to. :)

PS. Pined mesages come to the top of searches, they didnt befor, can this be changed?

I'll take a look.

..Al

They are still on the old forums, which I'll give people access to so they can retrieve them.  I may also try to see if I can import them into the new forum, but that may take me a day or two to get to.

..Al

835223[/snapback]

God bless you!!!... :D :!:

There used to be, in a person's profile there was a link that would take you to a list of all threads that a forum member had posted in. In this software you can either get a listing of specific posts or a listing of threads started by the member, but you have to go to the search for a list of all threads that you have posted in regardless of whether you started them or not.

835200[/snapback]

Actually there used to be a link, one of three at the top of the forums listing when you were logged in (along with "view new posts since last visit" and "view posts with 0 responses") that was labeled "View My Threads" or something, and that brought a list of all threads the user posted to, and from there it was easy to eyeball which ones had unread activity.

There used to be, in a person's profile there was a link that would take you to a list of all threads that a forum member had posted in. In this software you can either get a listing of specific posts or a listing of threads started by the member, but you have to go to the search for a list of all threads that you have posted in regardless of whether you started them or not.

835200[/snapback]

Actually there used to be a link, one of three at the top of the forums listing when you were logged in (along with "view new posts since last visit" and "view posts with 0 responses") that was labeled "View My Threads" or something, and that brought a list of all threads the user posted to, and from there it was easy to eyeball which ones had unread activity.

835255[/snapback]

Right, that was there too.. thanks for reminding me :)

Is anyone else seeing this sort of thing :

835269[/snapback]

I just noticed that also? :ponder:

835284[/snapback]

Should be fixed now, can you check to see if it's still occurring for you?

Thanks,

..Al

835287[/snapback]

Roger...Roger, all good! :cool:

Same smilies   :?

835268[/snapback]

That is easy to change down the road, might have a contest to come up with a set of smilies for AtariAge once things have settled down.

..Al

835271[/snapback]

Coool

:!:

Other than the old smilies, the upgrade is darn spiffy :lust:

The results of the polls are weird, will this only affect transfered polls?

Haydn

AtariAge Forums > Game Programming > Homebrew Discussion > "Midway Arcade -> Atari 2600 port"

Amazing Maze [ 7 ] ** [350.00%]

Datsun 280 Zzzap [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]

Tornado Baseball [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]

Checkmate [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Desert Gun [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Dog Patch [ 2 ] ** [100.00%]

Guided Missile [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]

Laguna Racer [ 4 ] ** [200.00%]

M-4 [ 6 ] ** [300.00%]

Total Votes: 22

I've never once had to re-login on the old server. Now every time I visit the site since the upgrade I have to login manually. It won't hold for some reason. And if you aren't logged in, you don't get the benefit of seeing whats marked as 'read'.

835539[/snapback]

Yup, I now have to login every time as well. Using Firefox btw.