IGNORED

7800: Pac-Man Completed.

PacManPlus

Hi Ken:

That's odd...  I'm using the right difficulty switch (Player 2) to determine the Rack (which is $A5) 'B' is Rack 0 (regular maze) and 'A' is Rack 1 (New Puck-X maze)

The left switch (Player 1) is for the number of lives, and is the routine immediately following the one you must have been looking at... :)

As far as the HSC ID, I think I'll Pick $19 $80  :D

Bob

Just read your post above about adding things to the HSC like maze selection and the like... I'll add it to my list :P

854976[/snapback]

Yea, I probably mixed the two up. I thought it was the and #$40 you thought you were having problems previously with and looked at the one doing the and with $80.

Small steps first :)

If this goes well, I may attempt doing that... While doing this conversion, I actually made the bitmap and the score table for the 3200 point monster (thinking ahead), so we'll see what happens...

Let me finish this one first :)

As far as Jr. PacMan, that's way out of my league... Scrolling mazes?? :?

Edited by PacManPlus

There is a sequence that goes

lda #2

sta $a4

sta $a3

ldx $41

beq somewhere

it looks like that somewhere needs to be increased by 2 maybe (if it is supposed to go to the rts like the part that sets 5 lives)

--Ken

854987[/snapback]

Thanks Ken!!!

That was it - it's odd that it still worked on the emulators...

Here is the fixed bin - it also contains the change to the HSC (The Game ID is now $19 $80 - hope it's not used in another game)

Those are the only two fixes in this update.

PAC78.ZIP

Ha!

Now the left difficulty is working (number of lives) but I found out that the right one is dead on my console. I opened it up and touched the contacts on the mobo, and whaddya know - it works.

Fixed it. Just needed to clean the contacts on the right difficulty switch, by applying a little pressure and speed to the switch.

Cool!

Edited by Danno

Bob,

The game is coming along fanastic, you truly are the lord of Pac Man ;-)

You need ot change the Ready! and Game Over to white as I recall, everything else is looking great, nice work.

Question to MESS users, so how the heck to you set the difficulty switches for the the 7800 (NTSC) emulator? I've looked through the properties of it, and I just don't see a setting.

Curt

There is a sequence that goes

lda #2

sta $a4

sta $a3

ldx $41

beq somewhere

it looks like that somewhere needs to be increased by 2 maybe (if it is supposed to go to the rts like the part that sets 5 lives)

--Ken

854987[/snapback]

Thanks Ken!!!

That was it - it's odd that it still worked on the emulators...

Here is the fixed bin - it also contains the change to the HSC (The Game ID is now $19 $80 - hope it's not used in another game)

Those are the only two fixes in this update.

855102[/snapback]

Question to MESS users, so how the heck to you set the difficulty switches for the the 7800 (NTSC) emulator?  I've looked through the properties of it, and I just don't see a setting.

Curt

On the windows version: Options->Dip Switches when you are in the game.

Hi Ken,

Thanks, it also helped to be on the latest version too, I was still using 0.84, just upgraded to 0.96

Curt

Question to MESS users, so how the heck to you set the difficulty switches for the the 7800 (NTSC) emulator?  I've looked through the properties of it, and I just don't see a setting.

Curt

On the windows version: Options->Dip Switches when you are in the game.

855210[/snapback]

The high score feature works with the Cuttle Cart. At some point it would be nice to see the Pac-man logo graphic put in the high-score screen like Desert Falcon. Keep going! You're doing a great job.

Allan

Bob,

You need ot change the Ready! and Game Over to white as I recall, everything else is looking great, nice work.

Thanks Curt :) ... Don't let Dav hear you say that :D

You're right - I need to change the colors of those two phrases.

The high score feature works with the Cuttle Cart. At some point it would be nice to see the Pac-man logo graphic put in the high-score screen like Desert Falcon. Keep going! You're doing a great job.

Allan - how are you seeing that? what do I have to go into in order to see the list of games and/or the logos?

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Bob,

Allan - how are you seeing that? what do I have to go into in order to see the list of games and/or the logos?

Thanks,

Bob

855409[/snapback]

Look at the two pictures below. One has a graphics for the title and the other just has text.

Allan

post-187-1116151208_thumb.jpg

post-187-1116151227_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Thanks,

Bob

855409[/snapback]

Look at the two pictures below. One has a graphics for the title and the other just has text.

Allan

855553[/snapback]

I got it now (duh) I was wondering why I wasn't getting that screen on the emulator :dunce:

I did notice one thing though - on the HSC the score is missing the last '0' digit (It's divided by 10) :(

Man - the sounds and intermissions are by far the hardest part for me on this project.

I think I have the intro and intermission sounds done (took me all day to do, and I'm not 100% happy with them)...

I started trying to do the animation for the 1st intermission and got completely lost, so I'm stopping for the day...

Edited by PacManPlus

Let me know what you think!

853122[/snapback]

It plays well. A couple of things I've noticed.

It seems the fruit appears too soon so I did a little analysis.

The arcade Pac-man has 244 dots and your version has 238 dots (if I counted right). This makes the scale 119/122.

Arcade 1st fruit appears after eating 70 dots. So to make it closer to the arcade you need to eat ~68 dots for the first fruit to appear. The arcade second fruit appears after eating 170 dots. So to make it closer to the arcade you need to eat ~166 dots for the second fruit to appear.

Also the scoring of the strawberry is incorrect. You should get 300 points for the strawberry in Pac-man.

853716[/snapback]

I wonder if it's possible to move the score so that it runs vertically along one of the borders? This accomplishes 2 things. It makes the screen ratio closer to the arcade's, and it also corrects the number of dots to be the arcade 240+4 energizers (the added portion would stretch the small horizontal wall sections at the top by 1 character vertically, allowing 6 more dots to be added to the maze).

BTW Nukey - that might be a little difficult (for me anyway), because I then have to change how the kernel that draws the maze (it starts at the top left corner, so I would have to shift it down?)

Although it is a great idea, I may give it a shot when I'm done with this other stuff (I have some ideas about the 'waka-waka' sound and the siren).

I have freed quite a bit of space by removing the 2nd and 3rd intermission tunes - they were a hog. Cool thing that Pac-Man only uses one tune for all three intermissions :)

Hopefully I'll get to work on it tonight.

Edited by PacManPlus

That actually was next on my list :P

Here is the version with changed sounds:

1) Siren has slowed down slightly, I'm a little happier with it.

2) Dot munch sound has changed, it now ascends and decends slightly with every other dot eaten. (Trying to get close to that 'waka-waka' sound)

3) Like the prior version, Intro and Intermission music has changed to (somewhat closely) match the arcade - still not 100% happy with these but they may have to do.

4) Energizer sound changed.

5) Dying sound changed.

Getting closer - next I will work on the little things that was asked for (Change the color of the 'Ready' and 'Game Over' text, hopefully fix the missing '0' in the High Score cart, messages in high score cart, maybe some of the attract mode text.

I'm leaving the Intermissions for last, because I know they will be the most difficult.

PAC78.ZIP

That actually was next on my list  :P

Here is the version with changed sounds:

1) Siren has slowed down slightly, I'm a little happier with it.

2) Dot munch sound has changed, it now ascends and decends slightly with every other dot eaten.  (Trying to get close to that 'waka-waka' sound)

3) Like the prior version, Intro and Intermission music has changed to (somewhat closely) match the arcade - still not 100% happy with these but they may have to do.

4) Energizer sound changed.

5) Dying sound changed.

Getting closer - next I will work on the little things that was asked for (Change the color of the 'Ready' and 'Game Over' text, hopefully fix the missing '0' in the High Score cart, messages in high score cart, maybe some of the attract mode text.

I'm leaving the Intermissions for last, because I know they will be the most difficult.

856618[/snapback]

I said it before and I'll say it again..................

I love you :love:

:)

Here is V.6 of 7800 Pac-Man

There are three issues left to deal with:

1) Intermissions :(

2) Show Multiple Keys after you pass the first key

3) Get the correct signature key so it works on a reall 7800 without the 'QUICK' option (NOTE: I have no clue how to do this - if *anyone* can help with this, it would be great)

Issues fixed in this version:

1) The score is no longer / 10. It seems the ID number has something to do with it. Once I changed it from $19 $80 to $82 $01, the score showed up correctly again. (The original Ms. Pac-Man is $80 $01)

2) All sounds should be correct (or close enough), including the speeding up of the siren as you get closer to the end of a rack.

3) The 'Ready' and 'Game Over' colors have been changed to Yellow like the arcade

Please let me know if there are any issues other than the ones I noted above :)

Thanks!

Bob

PAC78.ZIP

3) Get the correct signature key so it works on a reall 7800 without the 'QUICK' option (NOTE: I have no clue how to do this - if *anyone* can help with this, it would be great)

857187[/snapback]

This is an easy one, it's the same problem as 7800 Frogger. You're only signing the A78 file and not the bin. You are probably using Dan's Make.bat file, right? Try deleting the header from the A78 file and renaming it to bin, that should fix it. :)

Mitch

Here is V.6 of 7800 Pac-Man

There are three issues left to deal with:

1) Intermissions :(

2) Show Multiple Keys after you pass the first key

Issues fixed in this version:

1) The score is no longer  / 10.  It seems the ID number has something to do with it.  Once I changed it from $19 $80 to $82 $01, the score showed up correctly again. (The original Ms. Pac-Man is $80 $01)

2) All sounds should be correct (or close enough), including the speeding up of the siren as you get closer to the end of a rack.

3) The 'Ready' and 'Game Over' colors have been changed to Yellow like the arcade

Please let me know if there are any issues other than the ones I noted above :)

Thanks!

Bob

857187[/snapback]

Dude,this is AWESOME!!!!!!Great job!!A couple things I noticed.In the Puck X maze,didnt an intermission come after every level (eventually the 3rd intermission repeating over and over)?And I noticed the score font still looks and sounds like Ms.Pac-Man's when you eat a ghost.I also noticed that Pac-Man starts out with his mouth open when before game begins.I dont meat to notice the small stuff,but this is still an AWESOME job!!!!!!!!!!!!