IGNORED

How much is an Atari 2700 prototype worth?

mister_pal

I just wanted to know because my friends uncle might have one.

The thing is that when his uncle got it(this was in the 80's not recently) he played it for six hour straight. Apparently there were some sounds or somehing(never explained what they were) and it smelled funny whenever his uncle played. Afterwards his parents got so pissed at him for playing six hours they put it in the microwave......

My friends uncle used to live at my friends house and supposedly he left it there.

So i asked my friend to try and find or ask his uncle where he might of left it. The next time i come over to his house i'll bring my digital camera and see if he found if and post a pic.

NOTE: I'm not saying there is one. my friend just thinks it might be one because he recognizes the picture on this site

Edited by mister_pal

• 1 month later...

My friend's Uncle Gary took him out back to his special tool shed and "gave it to him" .....and then told him to "walk it off"

...yeah sorry to this DAY I still do not know what that's all about. I'm afraid to ask.

Anyone want me to post some really nice big 2700 pics?

• 9 months later...

I have one too...in mint and superb shape....

Let me put it to you this way, I did not pay $14,999 for it.

It looks nice between my Imagic Previewer and Parker Bros Previewer

And somehow this is supposed to be a suprise?? Is there anything that you don't have, that might be a quicker list ;)

I don't like to brag, but I think you are right, it would be a shorter list (stuff I do not have). ;)

No need to brag, I'm sure my head wouldn't even begin to comprehend the vastness of your collection * bows in humble respect*

Bah, he is a junior collector, when it comes to boxes. :P

I will have all the atari 2600 boxes by summer of 2050. :ponder: ....or earlier..... :cool:

So I'll never have a room of doom (cart or real life) but I'll be happy with my lil corner of assorted non-boxed stuff :P

So do you have a boxed 2700? If you do, then I am leaving for good

no, don't have the box....I believe there is only one accounted for in the world....but I have been told that I have the nicest Atari 2700, unit and all. :)