IGNORED

Seen these yet?

ClassicBoy

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, they look just like the old Coleco's, these look kick ass, I hope they play as good as they look.

Who makes them??? Techno Source.

Curt

http://www.spencersonline.com/ug1128/Frogg...n=ug1128Frogger

I think these look pretty neat.  Of course, they are designed after the classic Coleco units.  Has anybody heard anything about these yet.  How do they play/sound?

I'd love to know more about these.

974300[/snapback]

I saw them this evening and played them. They aren't anything special. I don't remember playing Frogger on the original Coleco tabletop, but this version wasn't all that good. Space Invaders was kind of clunky too. They did have a keychain version for sale, with the exact same game in it.

One thing I thought was odd was that not only did they have Frogger and Space Invaders done in the old Coleco style, they also had Family Guy Pinball. The Pinball game used a black and white LCD, and had some voice samples. Interesting idea, but not worth $25, in my opinion.

Another plug-and-play that Spencer's Gifts had that I haven't seen anyone comment on was.... ahem.... Jenna Jameson's Strip Poker. It looked like digitized graphics, but how good would they look with the limited color palette of those things? I'd be too embarassed to buy it, honestly. But it reminds me of playing Strip Poker on the Commodore 64 back in the day. :grin:

I'd be too embarassed to buy it

Dont be embarassed, if it makes you any more comfortable then grab a HUGE bottle of emotion lotion & some Bday cards with male body builders on them & put those down on the counter with your poker game. No Sweat :P while your there get some pop rocks :)

Edited by ATARIeric

The box for those shows "Excalibur"...they're the ones who makes a lot of the newer handhelds today. That explains why the Space Invaders gameplay is the exact same one we've seen on Space Invaders handhelds on keychains and Radio Shack handhelds for what seems like the past 10 years now. :roll:

Not limited to...

pRS1C-2305389w345.jpg0f_1_b.JPG40_1_b.JPGrsspaceinvaders2plyr.jpg

402_CS_handheld.jpg

etc....

Nice arcade cab shell though.. at least it's nice looking this time around :P

What is it with whenever something new comes on the market someone out there has to bring up "let's try to hack this to see what we can make it do that it wasn't designed to do!"? Don't people think that just maybe the engineers had the improvements in mind for the next model of the device in question? It isn't up to US to make the improvements to the device. Look at it this way, if I were to go out and buy one of those mini-cab arcade games tomorrow I wouldn't modify it because there is this nice little thing that comes with it called a WARRANTY! And I would no more modify the mini-cab version than I would modify my full-size Pole Position cab to include a credit switch or anything, I mean someone suggested it to me, but I didn't rescue the gouged, scratched and chipped shell of a Pole Position (empty cab except for the PCB cage and a monitor with cut wiring) off of someone's burn pile just so I could alter it or MAME it or something. What I AM doing however is restoring it piece by piece into what it originally was, a mint condition 100% fully functional arcade game and being an ATARI® product I think many people could appreciate what I am doing. Before you go and hack a product apart to alter it in any way, try it as it is first, who knows? You may even learn to like it, heck I know I love playing my unmodified Atari 2600VCS systems and I have 3 of them but one needs a top half, the top half of a short rainbow Jr. I never modified any of my 2600 systems or my NES, they are all original and play absolutely 100% perfect and clear with no distortions or signal loss, the only things I did to any of the 2600's was replace the populated motherboard with a new one and get an Atari cable with an RF suppressing Torrid on it, but I kept every system 100% original so that way down the road they will continue to increase in value, and my Pole Position will be valuable in such a way that it won't have anything "Infogrames" on any part of it.

RichG1972

What is it with whenever something new comes on the market someone out there has to bring up "let's try to hack this to see what we can make it do that it wasn't designed to do!"?  Don't people think that just maybe the engineers had the improvements in mind for the next model of the device in question?  It isn't up to US to make the improvements to the device.  Look at it this way, if I were to go out and buy one of those mini-cab arcade games tomorrow I wouldn't modify it because there is this nice little thing that comes with it called a WARRANTY!  And I would no more modify the mini-cab version than I would modify my full-size Pole Position cab to include a credit switch or anything, I mean someone suggested it to me, but I didn't rescue the gouged, scratched and chipped shell of a Pole Position (empty cab except for the PCB cage and a monitor with cut wiring) off of someone's burn pile just so I could alter it or MAME it or something.  What I AM doing however is restoring it piece by piece into what it originally was, a mint condition 100% fully functional arcade game and being an ATARI® product I think many people could appreciate what I am doing.  Before you go and hack a product apart to alter it in any way, try it as it is first, who knows?  You may even learn to like it, heck I know I love playing my unmodified Atari 2600VCS systems and I have 3 of them but one needs a top half, the top half of a short rainbow Jr.  I never modified any of my 2600 systems or my NES, they are all original and play absolutely 100% perfect and clear with no distortions or signal loss, the only things I did to any of the 2600's was replace the populated motherboard with a new one and get an Atari cable with an RF suppressing Torrid on it, but I kept every system 100% original so that way down the road they will continue to increase in value, and my Pole Position will be valuable in such a way that it won't have anything "Infogrames" on any part of it.

RichG1972

975243[/snapback]

Ummmm... It's called we like to play. Warrenty? What the hell is that? ..lol..

What is it with whenever something new comes on the market someone out there has to bring up "let's try to hack this to see what we can make it do that it wasn't designed to do!"?

I was thinking of just transplanting the guts of a GBA into the arcade-like casings of one of those portable games just to make the system more like something you'd always wanted to see, hear, feel, and play circa the early 1980s. Something like this...

post-2272-1133580158_thumb.jpg

What is it with whenever something new comes on the market someone out there has to bring up "let's try to hack this to see what we can make it do that it wasn't designed to do!"?

I was thinking of just transplanting the guts of a GBA into the arcade-like casings of one of those portable games just to make the system more like something you'd always wanted to see, hear, feel, and play circa the early 1980s. Something like this...

975730[/snapback]

now that would be cool.

What type of display do the spenc3ers units have? LCD? Fluorescent?

On a similar note, Walmart has some Donkey Kong and SMB water games. The DK one has a mario on a dime sized disk that you navigate through the gates. You control them from dials and fire the water jets from buttons. I played one for a moment and unless you like those water games the only reason to buy one is as a collectable.

Were you the one who posted the link where the guy made the miniature Galaga cab (or was it Galaxian) cab and put in a pocketpc version of the game in it? I forget if it was on these forums or Digital Press. Anyway, I've been looking for the url for a long time now. If anyone knows where it's at.....