IGNORED

My FB2 Hack Website

Hello Forum members,I'm new,first post here.I wanted to share my FB2 hack with you all. Check it out at My Webpage

It was fun to put together and I hope the information is helpful to anyone planning to do the mod...........

968272[/snapback]

I like on page2 showing the plastic supports on the under side as a guide to center the port opening. :thumbsup:

I built it with my kids in mind. they are 7 and 3 so its going to have to take a beating. Sure you got the playstations,xbox etc... out there now ,but I want my kids to learn and experience the roots of gaming and what better platform than the 2600. Just power up and play,no load time to deal with,no violence just good ol fashion gaming.Websites like this got me hooked on playing my original 2600 again. And just like it was advertised back in the day.It's all about family fun !!!!!

This is another project I'm building for my friend's kids. When I started the project I was going to use the FB1 .You can see it the the pic with the rear view.Once I had heard of the FB2 I told my friend to hold off untill the FB2 was released. I'm using a combo tv/vcr for the screen .The front will be plexi with a black border only exposing the screen itself.The color scheme is black in the spots you see the gray primer and blue mica on the sides.I'll post some pics of that onced its finished

post-8129-1132677362_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1132677387_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1132677851_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1132677883_thumb.jpg

This is another project I'm building for my friend's kids. When I started the project I was going to use the FB1 .You can see it the the pic with the rear view.Once I had heard of the FB2 I told my friend to hold off untill the FB2 was released. I'm using a combo tv/vcr for the screen .The front will be plexi with a black border only exposing the screen itself.The color scheme is black in the spots you see the gray primer and blue mica on the sides.I'll post some pics of that onced its finished

970026[/snapback]

Very cool 8)

Nice work on the FB2 mod as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys,Just wanted to give you all a look at the FB2 Arcade machine I'm completing.Just need a few finishing touches like the graphics on the front panels and the main power switch that will be located on the back side.I used happ controls and purchased the plugs at radio shack to plug into the console.The yellow buttons are reset ,the greens are select.Since the FB2 requires to power down to go back to the main menu.I wired the white switch normally closed in series with the orange power wire in the FB2.The power button on the FB2 stays on and when the white button is pressed it goes right to the main menu.The main switch in the back powers down the entire machine.The small PC board has switches removed from the TV's board to control the TV's on/off , volume select , channel select if needed. My friend is trying to get keep it here at our office but I told him "Its for the KIDS!!!!!" who knows maybe I'll install a port in the future.....

For those who might ask why all this work for the FB2 instead of a mame unit.Well its for the kids so its straight forward to use and I don't have to worry about having to fix a non-booting PC on my day off!!!!!!!!

post-8129-1135277058_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277074_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277099_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277132_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277176_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277191_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277208_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277226_thumb.jpg

post-8129-1135277406_thumb.jpg

Hello Guys,Just wanted to give you all a look at the FB2 Arcade machine I'm completing.Just need a few finishing touches like the graphics on the front panels and the main power switch that will be located on the back side.I used happ controls and purchased the plugs at radio shack to plug into the console.The yellow buttons are reset ,the greens are select.Since the FB2 requires to power down to go back to the main menu.I wired the white switch normally closed in series with the orange power wire in the FB2.The power button on the FB2 stays on and when the white button is pressed it goes right to the main menu.The main switch in the back powers down the entire machine.The small PC board has switches removed from the TV's board to control the TV's on/off , volume select , channel select if needed. My friend is trying to get keep it here at our office but I told him "Its for the KIDS!!!!!"  who knows maybe I'll install a port in the future.....

For those who might ask why all this work for the FB2 instead of a mame unit.Well its for the kids so its straight forward to use and I don't have to worry about having to fix a non-booting PC on my day off!!!!!!!!

987516[/snapback]

Very nice. Good work!

Thanks everyone. It has been a fun project to work on.The parts were purchased on Ebay. Here is the link to the vender I used. The stickers on the sides were also ordered from a vender on Ebay. The size I requested was a special order, I just gave him the size I needed and they were very helpful. They currently have a smaller one listed (listing #)8245462706

Moe....

Edited by netmoe

• 10 months later...

I am doing this mod and have everything done but the DPDS switch. In Kokovec's diagram the DPDS switch leads are 4 on one side and two on the other (see pic) but my switch has three leads on each side. I'm little confused with what goes where. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advanced.

Allan

post-187-1162527283_thumb.jpg

I am doing this mod and have everything done but the DPDS switch. In Kokovec's diagram the DPDS switch leads are 4 on one side and two on the other (see pic) but my switch has three leads on each side. I'm little confused with what goes where. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advanced.

Allan

Allan,

The middle pins of of each row on your switch is the 'common'.

Looking from the bottom of your switch this is how you make the connections.

post-7789-1162768835.jpg

Edited by Kokovec

Allan

Allan,

The middle pins of of each row on your switch is the 'common'.

Looking from the bottom of your switch this is how you make the connections.

Thanks Kokovec,

Allan

• 4 years later...