SpiceWare's Blog

Another Drobo 5D capacity increase

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 14 September 2014 · 43 views

My 6TB drive arrived!  When I took it out of the box it was heavier than I expected.  Per Amazon the 6TB is 1.9 pounds while the 4TB is 1.6 .

Before  Status:

Before Capacity:

Before Usage:

After Status:

After Capacity:

After Usage:

My storage on...

new TiVo Mega - 6 tuners, 24 TB storage

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 09 September 2014 · 50 views

TiVo announces TiVo Mega, a rackmount DVR with six tuners and 24TB

The new TiVo can record up to 4,000 hours of HD or 26,000 hours of SD. Price hasn't been set, but they're estimating it to be around $5,000.

It sounds like a lot, but as a comparison my setup with 4 tuners and 5.4TB of storage cost $3084. Granted I have gone a little overboard ;) - the...

August Savings

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 02 September 2014 · 124 views

Spent $69 in August on Doctor Who, Season 8  and Franklin & Bash, Season 4  which leaves me $82 in savings for the month.  Cumulative Savings now total $2390 with $694 left to pay off the hardware.

I have not yet bought a 6 TB drive.  I spotted this reply over in the Drobo Forums:
so I checked the Capacity Calcula...

The Return of the Judder

Posted by SpiceWare, in Draconian 31 August 2014 · 234 views

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Er, wrong space saga  ;)

Nathan and I aren't in agreement on pretending the pixels are square - Nathan doesn't like how the left/right movement is a different speed than up/down movement when we treat the Atari's pixels as though they were square, while I don't like...

It's full of stars!

Posted by SpiceWare, in Draconian 23 August 2014 · 158 views

Received a question via Messager that I'm going to reply to here as I'm sure others are wondering as well:

I've seen posts by you in the batari Basic forum , so first thing to note is that none of my games were written using batari Basic1 . Collect , Medieval Mayhem , and Stay Frosty (the original game which is in Stella's Stockin...

117 Channels

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 18 August 2014 · 106 views

Escape and Grit are now broadcasting.

Escape & Grit

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 11 August 2014 · 147 views

A couple new channels are launching next week in about 35 markets.  

In Houston Escape will be found on 45.3 and Grit on 67.3. Both are new sub-channels, so I'll need to rescan to pick them up - will have to do that later as the mini is recording a show right now.

July Savings, larger drives

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 07 August 2014 · 157 views

No content purchases for July, though I did send PBS $60 (I've been watching a lot of their shows again) so I have $91 in savings for the month.  Cummulative Savings is now at $2308 while the balance to pay off the hardware is down to $776.

Now that I'm adding Blu-ray content  my Drobo is starting to fill up.

That might be of con...

NFL Sunday Ticket without satellite

Posted by SpiceWare, in DVR Project 16 July 2014 · 216 views

If true, this might help some people sitting on the fence decide to cut the cord.

step 14 - add animation

Posted by SpiceWare, in Collect 14 July 2014 · 212 views

Static images that just slide around the screen work OK, but we can do better - so for this update we'll add a couple new images so we can animate the players as they run around the arena.

While you can have as many frames of animation as you'd like, the code is most efficient if the number of frames is a power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, etc). The code t...

Search My Blog

Recent Entries

Latest Visitors

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users