IGNORED

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector's List v1.0

NIAD

I have completely revamped my CV & ADAM Rarity List that was posted here over a week ago. The list now includes fields for:

:arrow: checkboxes for keeping track of your cartridge, box, manual and overlays collection

:arrow: price column to track how much each cart cost

:arrow: rarity rating

:arrow: original manufacturer's product #

:arrow: copyright year

:arrow: game title

:arrow: manufacturer

:arrow: controller compatibility

This list has grown to be rather lengthy and when printing it out you should use the "Landscape" printer option.

Also note that this list only includes cartridges that can be played on the ColecoVision and ADAM Computer. An ADAM Software specific list is being worked on and will be kept separate for now on.

Once again, if anyone has corrections or additions that need to be made, you can post them here.

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector List v1.0 (2011) (NIAD).zip

• Like 7

Very, very nice work, Jim.

Some corrections:

- "Deflextor Kollection" should be "Deflektor Kollection".

- "Pitfall II: Arcade" should be "Pitfall II Arcade".

- I'm almost out of copies of Destructor SCE, so if I were you, I would give it the same rarity rating as Peek-a-boo (R7).

- "Track & Field 2 (prototype)" by Opcode Games is missing from your list.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanx Pixelboy... corrections made! Give me/everyone a heads-up when you're out-of-stock on the others.

Here are some further updates that everyone can add/change to the list themselves:

:arrow: Space Invasion rarity rating should be R0 since you can still buy it CIB from C.G.C.

:arrow: Star Fortress rarity rating should be R0 since you can still buy it CIB from C.G.C.

:arrow: Purple Dinosaur Massacre (Demo) should be moved from the "Homebrew ROM Release" section to the "Homebrew Releases" section. A box and manual are available with the purchase thru C.G.C. and the rarity rating is an R0.

Edited by NIAD

Man, I did too many rom files... I think some are still missings, I will check it out carefully next time.

Ok, I've checked a few things and here are some observations.. maybe it's nice informations, maybe it's useless, it's up to you to decide.

For the Bustin-Out series, the #00 one was never released as a cartridge, and the #03 was released in really a few cartridges and only 1 copy was complete with box and instruction sheet.

For the Energy Quizz game, it's a guy who told me during a videogame collectors meeting that the game existed, someone who tried it back then. Because we tend to use sometimes (in Quebec at least) the word "cassettes" for both "tapes" and "cartridges", I think the information was mixed up and this educational game named "Energy Quizz" is really a tape, not a cartridge. So, you might want to put this game out of the list of cartridges.

Capture the flag and Cavern rescue was never released in cartridges (I think).

As for DACMAN, there was at least 2 different versions to be honnest. The first one is version 1.0 released during the CGE2K in Las Vegas, and I've received one of the few copies made in time for this event. Then, I saw a bug in the game I've tried to fix and finaly fixed in version 1.3 which became the last version and used in all the later cartridges of this game. So, to be fair, there is the version at the CGE2K and the version after the CGE2K, one way to differenciate the 2 is the lack of the copyrights symbol after the CGE2K (on the label, the box and even in the game), and also the # and * keys were switched in the CGE2K version but you have to play the game to notice that.

The 421 game didn't sell well, I think I've made only 7 copies of it. yeah, I've published it back then... well I've tried to publish it but no one seems interested in the game.

Gamepack with only the Vic-20 related games in it was never released in cartridges, the other 2 Gamepack mentionned have been released in cartridges, first by myself and then by gooddealgames with new labels and boxes. Even if my publishing style is more primitive, I kinda prefer my box made of plastic because it's more difficult to break apart that way than boxes made of paper (or something similar). Fun fact : the games explosion and isola in Gamepack 2 are my favorites.

Can i give my two cents? I have 2 games that are not in the list, A Time Pilot re-release by Telegames and a Taiwan Cooper "Rockey" that i have it loose. I can provide pictures if you want.

Thanks for the info on these two games... don't know why I didn't list the TeleGames Time Pilot as I have pics of that one and seen it firsthand back in the day. Will add these two to the list.

Can i give my two cents? I have 2 games that are not in the list, A Time Pilot re-release by Telegames and a Taiwan Cooper "Rockey" that i have it loose. I can provide pictures if you want.

Thanks for the info on these two games... don't know why I didn't list the TeleGames Time Pilot as I have pics of that one and seen it firsthand back in the day. Will add these two to the list.

But I have to add that the Rocky bootleg is not 100% the same as the other Taiwan Cooper I have the letters on the cart are gold and also says: "Fantastic Game" on front.

for each

•  
  • homebrew and
  • prototype

it would be helpful to read if the game is 100% playable or only partially or only a non playable demo.

Let me use a phrase that Coleco made oh so famous... "The Fun of Discovery". :D

Just kidding! It's really not a bad idea at all and when I wrap up another "personal" project I'm working on, I will see what I can do.

;)

for each

•  
  • homebrew and
  • prototype

it would be helpful to read if the game is 100% playable or only partially or only a non playable demo.

Let me use a phrase that Coleco made oh so famous... "The Fun of Discovery". :D

Just kidding! It's really not a bad idea at all and when I wrap up another "personal" project I'm working on, I will see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Version 1.5 of my ColecoVision and ADAM Cartridge Collector List. This update takes into account all the updates that were passed along to me in this thread, corrections I made and for the highlight of this update:

LABEL & CART SHELL VARIATIONS

I originally was not planning on adding these to the list, but since I am calling it a "Collector List", I thought it best. It also didn't hurt that ColecoVision Zone added a tremendous variation page to their website to verify info and pics I had as well as fill in a lot of missing information for releases north of the border.

What would really help is if someone could provide info on all the CBS Software releases that were made available in THEIR cartridge shell and label. I have noted some of these in the list (ones I have seen firsthand or seen pictures of), but will need further assistance... as not all of Coleco's titles got the CBS Cart Shell and Label treatment but did get a CBS style box.

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector List v1.5 (2011) (NIAD).zip

I already have a quick update re. the Imagic labels that were used. In the List Notes, I mentioned that Imagic used two different label variations.... 1 color and the other black & white. Well, actually there were THREE... 2 color variation and 1 B/W. See the picture attached below.

Of all the games Imagic released, I have only seen MoonSweeper released with two different labels and this needs to be added to the list. Once again, check out the pic to see the MoonSweeper variations.

post-25956-0-26009800-1304045352_thumb.jpg

NIAD and/or newcoleco,

On page 23 you have Double Breakout - Paddle Version

What does this mean? I was under the impression that Atari 2600 paddles didn't work on the ColecoVision.

As far as I understand it, this version works with the Roller Controller and or Exp. Mod. #2 Driving Module. Any further details will have to be provides by Daniel.

OK, here is another update that everyone can make to the "Collector List" themselves or wait for the next updated file to be posted. The information I am passing on here was provided on Crapahute's tremendous Coleco Box Art website and concerns further CBS Software cartridge titles that were made using the CBS Software cartridge shell and label. These updates should be made in the "Foreign Releases (Can, Eur, S. Amer)" section:

:arrow: Buck Rogers

:arrow: Bump 'n Jump

:arrow: Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventures in the Park

:arrow: Carnival

:arrow: Frenzy

:arrow: Jumpman Junior

:arrow: Looping

:arrow: Mr. Do!

:arrow: PitStop

:arrow: Rocky: Super Action Boxing

:arrow: Roc'N Rope

:arrow: Smurf (Schtroumpfs) (Color Label)

:arrow: Tarzan

:arrow: Victory

:arrow: WarGames

And for those that haven't visited Crapahute's site, what are you waiting for!!

http://www.colecoboxart.com/

NIAD and/or newcoleco,

On page 23 you have Double Breakout - Paddle Version

What does this mean? I was under the impression that Atari 2600 paddles didn't work on the ColecoVision.

As far as I understand it, this version works with the Roller Controller and or Exp. Mod. #2 Driving Module. Any further details will have to be provides by Daniel.

Thanks, I'll have to try this rom with the steering wheel.

As far as I know, most of my Double Breakout ROM files titles "paddle version" didn't work properly because of a missing "im 1" instruction in its code. The lastest version was working properly and published by me first as simply Double Breakout, then by AtariAge under the same name, then renamed to Deflektor Kollection (I may spell it wrong, it was the selected name after a contest) because Atari said something like "Breakout is one of our brand names"... even if technicaly breakout isn't really an uncommon name... anyway.

I've digged into pictures I've took from ADAMCon 22 and I've seen a bunch of (I think) re-releases of Colecovision games under other names... the owner of these games here is maybe colecovisionzone or pixelboy or another person, I just can't remember.

post-3651-0-45871700-1304205093_thumb.jpgpost-3651-0-32282600-1304205130_thumb.jpgpost-3651-0-40161000-1304205150_thumb.jpg

Edited by newcoleco

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eveyone, this is my first post!

I just want to say that i'm the one who told Daniel About the Energy Quizz game!

It is a CART, i had it in my hands, as stupid as i was i put it on Ebay, got an offer of $350 and accept it right away.

at that time i din't know it would be a rare item..... Its the worst move i did in my life selling this cart, i still regreat today!

So it is a CART there was no lable on it, i did try the game and it was boaring!

Hi Eveyone, this is my first post!

I just want to say that i'm the one who told Daniel About the Energy Quizz game!

It is a CART, i had it in my hands, as stupid as i was i put it on Ebay, got an offer of $350 and accept it right away.

at that time i din't know it would be a rare item..... Its the worst move i did in my life selling this cart, i still regreat today!

So it is a CART there was no lable on it, i did try the game and it was boaring!

First, Welcome!

As for Energy Quizz, yeah, that was certainly a bad move to sell it

Otherwise, the sadest thing is this one never been dumped :(

Have you take photos of the game?