Community Status Updates

Photo

retrorussell

Jeez, is pinterest trying to monopolize pictures off the internet? So I can't copy and paste the URL?
Today, 2:05 AM
Photo

Tombstone

Received a Heavy Sixer today that i had purchased and upon setting it up realized it had an av mod already done. Works beautifully! Merry Christmas to me!
Yesterday, 10:36 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    That's an incredible bonus!
    Today, 1:21 AM
Photo

save2600

You failed to evolve. Better luck next time!
Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Photo
Photo

toiletunes

Think I'll go play some Atari.
Yesterday, 9:42 PM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    Freebase some Space Rocks, use a light gun to hold up the Sentinel at your local BurgerTime, then take the money down to Playaround to see some lovely ladies (or Gigolos) get in the Pole Position. Just don't order anything from their Pressure Cooker, or you might get Montezuma's Revenge.
    Yesterday, 10:03 PM
  • HoshiChiri's Photo
    HoshiChiri
    Well I mean, it you haven't yet today...
    Yesterday, 10:18 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Good idea... played Jaguar most of the night and lived to tell about it!
    Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Photo
Photo

masschamber

just bought a late 2004 jvc 27 in crt, classic games look glorious!
Yesterday, 6:10 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    I bet! And no shitty lag or flat/ blocky graphics to spoil the experience either. ;-)
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Photo
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    Great video! I watched it this morning over breakfast and it got me interested in checking out and playing a few Atari 7800 games that I hadn't tried before. =)
    Yesterday, 6:28 PM
  • nosweargamer's Photo
    nosweargamer
    Thanks Jin! Glad it could inspire you to try something new!
    Yesterday, 9:52 PM
Photo

Lauren Tyler

Happy 75th birthday, Dad.
Yesterday, 3:29 PM
  • Joe C.'s Photo
    Joe C.
    Happy Birthday!!
    Yesterday, 3:40 PM
  • Stephen's Photo
    Stephen
    Congrats - hope he is in good health.
    Yesterday, 4:32 PM
Photo

GoldenWheels

So I built an Atari 7800 arcade stick, my first soldering project since high school. I was so happy when it worked the first time, I hurried back into the workship to drill a hole for the cord and be done...and I drilled the hole on the FRONT of the case.
Yesterday, 2:58 PM
  • Ransom's Photo
    Ransom
    Oh, man! That's so stupid. I would never do something like that. I didn't do something like that just last weekend. Nope. Not me.
    Yesterday, 4:19 PM
  • Osgeld's Photo
    Osgeld
    sounds like you need a sticker over that hole
    Yesterday, 9:47 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Or stick an LED or toggle switch in that hole. Doesn't need to be hooked to anything, but might look as if it's supposed to be there. lol
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Photo

Random Terrain

Violence, menace, graphic nudity, and language.
Yesterday, 10:59 AM
  • retrorussell's Photo
    retrorussell
    Ratings!!!
    Yesterday, 1:28 PM
  • BillyHW's Photo
    BillyHW
    All the best shows have that.
    Yesterday, 3:02 PM
  • Stephen's Photo
    Stephen
    I'll take "A Night on the town, for $200 Alex"
    Yesterday, 4:33 PM
Photo

Jin

What the heck happened to Best Electronics? I ordered an Atari Light Gun from them, it arrived broken. They let me return it but made me pay shipping, then sent me a new one that worked only slightly better and looks like it was assembled by trained monkeys. http://i.imgur.com/Ey1FLbn.jpg Now they want to charge me $26.25 to return and exchange the replacement, when it's their fault it's messed up. I think it's time to file a claim with my credit card company.
Yesterday, 10:34 AM
  • Trekker_1138's Photo
    Trekker_1138
    Their website looks like it was made in 1997 and never improved.
    Yesterday, 7:45 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Bought a light gun from him a few months ago and the trigger would get stuck. Loosened a screw nearby and that took care of it. Those BEST guns are more accurate than Atari's but they're built like shit
    Yesterday, 10:29 PM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    No kidding save2600. The build quality isn't great by any means, but I was able to take the light gun apart, realign the shell halves to be fairly even, and adjust the lens so that it's only shooting 1/4" or so to the right now. I'm still not too happy with the build quality though, so I think tomorrow I'm going to list the fixed up Best Light Gun for sale for $20 and try my luck with an official Atari XG-1 light gun the next time I order from Video61.
    Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Photo

Schitti

Every time a friend tells me he's selling his collection, I'm very sad. Today i am sad again :-(
Yesterday, 8:45 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    They're making room in their lives for something else!
    Yesterday, 9:10 AM
  • BillyHW's Photo
    BillyHW
    I have no room right now, so I never built a collection in the first place. Maybe some day though.
    Yesterday, 3:03 PM
  • cybercylon's Photo
    cybercylon
    Or they need to pay bills. Games gathering dust don't pay mortgages or put food on the table.
    Yesterday, 4:31 PM
Photo

Professor Gull

Checking in after a short leave from the internet kinda. Whats new folks?
Yesterday, 8:39 AM
  • ls650's Photo
    ls650
    Someone named Donald became Prez - maybe you heard some of the buzz second-hand?
    Yesterday, 9:18 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Oh....Ya know....What's new with you?
    Yesterday, 1:02 PM
  • Professor Gull's Photo
    Professor Gull
    Donald duck finally got voted in excellent! The only thing new here is learning job searching sucks.
    Yesterday, 3:47 PM
Photo

Tangentg

is there a graphical glitch in Space Invaders (arcade) where the lastbig invader leaves a trail?
Yesterday, 8:36 AM
  • Tangentg's Photo
    Tangentg
    Does it leave a trail like in the one I mentioned anyway though?
    Yesterday, 12:36 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    Yes, yes and yes. ;) You're thinking of this http://i.imgur.com/1aQe8zJ.jpg
    Yesterday, 5:00 PM
  • Tangentg's Photo
    Tangentg
    Ah yes, that's it! I saw that recently when playing Space Invaders Extreme 2 on the DS. It's quite interesting that they kept that there. Thanks for the pic!
    Yesterday, 5:16 PM