Community Status Updates

Photo

copper20

Anyone know any sites where I can order an older PC case (ATX) online?
Today, 4:20 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    ebay....buy from a local person and ask if you can pick it up for free instead of paying like $40 for s/h
    Today, 4:38 PM
Photo

BydoEmpire

My company hosted a showing of Thor: Ragnarok in one of the large conference rooms. It was fun to have a break, but it's the 2nd worst movie I've ever seen (behind Charlie's Angels 2). Free food and beer weren't worth a second hour of my time. One star, only because food and beer were provided. :)
Today, 3:57 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    I thought it was a fun and goofy summer "hit" flick when we saw it last year. After all, can't expect much out of these mass produced comic book movies any more. Wouldn't bother to purchase for the home, but a one off in the theater, why not.
    Today, 4:03 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    I've streamed much, much worse on Netflix lately. :-(
    Today, 4:04 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    To each his own...I've seen dozens of worse movies...Get back to me after you've seen The Hours, Sex and the City (Part 2), and Fireproof. I promise Thor will look pretty good!
    Today, 4:29 PM
Photo

Sgt Jack V

From the CoolCV thread because no one bothers to check that anymore: I have this model controller: https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B01EO5QPN2 Is there any way to set it up in the bindings text file so it uses the D-Pad for movement instead of the thumbstick?
Today, 3:04 PM
Photo

ColecoGamer

What did you buy today?
Today, 2:13 PM
  • ColecoGamer's Photo
    ColecoGamer
    Here’s what I purchased recently. (I spent $20 fo everything). I believe it was a pretty good deal. :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233754-what-did-you-buy-today/?p=4011009
    Today, 3:13 PM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    About $90 worth of stuff from Best Electronics. A new keyboard and rubber feet for my Atari 400 plus a brand new Atari 1010 Program Recorder. And oh yeah, I also bought 3 Mexican glass bottle Coca-Colas and some shipping tape.
    Today, 3:20 PM
  • Eltigro's Photo
    Eltigro
    Nothing today, but hoping to find something this weekend. The Highway 80 garage sale is this weekend. Last year I found a couple tubs of stuff (three 2600s and lots of various controllers) for $5. https://www.facebook.com/Hwy80Sale/
    Today, 3:34 PM
Photo

Eltigro

Listening to Castlevania music at my desk...
Today, 1:11 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I have some of those soundtracks in my itunes haha...It's great stuff!
    Today, 2:33 PM
  • Eltigro's Photo
    Eltigro
    Just have Youtube videos of the soundtracks in another tab while I'm working... also ended up listening to R-Type, MUSHA, Thunder Force III, and Bonk's Adventure...
    Today, 3:30 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    haha...Nice!
    Today, 3:49 PM
Photo
Photo

Tangentg

Resharing the link to my long-running Atari server. Includes channels for different Atari systems, general retrogaming, etc. https://discord.gg/hEayEMZ
Today, 8:48 AM
  • SlidellMan's Photo
    SlidellMan
    I'm FightingZenith #5943 on Discord.
    Today, 12:47 PM
  • RockyRaccoon's Photo
    RockyRaccoon
    I joined!. I'm LemonAid#2714, but I set the nickname of 'RockyRaccoon' for easier recognizably between that and my AA name. :I
    Today, 1:02 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Been busy...All but fogotten. TBH, I just wish you had One Category. Maybe Atari Fans.
    Today, 4:31 PM
Photo

swlovinist

Revisiting Panzer Dragoon Orta https://youtu.be/1gJT4Py5Evc
Today, 7:36 AM
  • BydoEmpire's Photo
    BydoEmpire
    The reason I bought an original Xbox! Haven't played it in ages, though.
    Today, 9:14 AM
Photo

carlsson

Background information other people expect that you already have, so they don't convey it to you is a great way to cause misunderstandings and annoyance over nothing.
Today, 6:13 AM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    And at the same time, certain people get annoyed if they receive information they already have, just in case. It is a game one rarely wins, perhaps even a Catch 22 moment.
    Today, 6:14 AM
  • pacman000's Photo
    pacman000
    Prepare a folder of relevant information, or ask "What do you know about x ?"
    Today, 6:45 AM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    Yep, humans are ridiculous. There is low or no quality in the world. Try to spend a couple minutes conveying info/data, and the average person will cut you off thinking they already know (even if they don't). And when they F up, they blame it on you. lol
    Today, 12:26 PM
Photo

roland p

Object Oriented Programming is overrated.
Today, 3:02 AM
  • MrMaddog's Photo
    MrMaddog
    Never trust anything with OOP(s) as an acronym...
    Today, 10:30 AM
  • roland p's Photo
    roland p
    OOP wasn't enough of course, so they invented design patterns, solid principles, dependency injection, entity frameworks and test driven development to test your bloated code.
    Today, 11:00 AM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    Ohh..

Today, 12:23 PM
Photo

Jess Ragan

Does this tune sound familiar to you guys? Because man, it sounds familiar to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-EQs8Bmdw
Today, 1:28 AM
  • retrorussell's Photo
    retrorussell
    A very small part of the soundtrack sounds like "Mickey".
    Today, 12:48 PM
  • Random Terrain's Photo
    Random Terrain
    It reminds me of the future, back when we had one.
    Today, 12:54 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    RT noticed!
    Today, 3:47 PM
Photo

jaybird3rd

There's nothing I love doing more on a beautiful evening than sitting at my desk, filling out paperwork, having to use the equivalent of voodoo to come up magic numbers, just for the sake of getting the papers filled out.
Yesterday, 6:21 PM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    Next time, grab a set of dice and you'll be done in no time!
    Today, 1:21 AM
  • ls650's Photo
    ls650
    Tax time?
    Today, 9:44 AM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    Nah, I got my taxes done in February. This is just job-related busywork, on the level of "TPS Reports."
    Today, 10:32 AM
Photo

roadrunner

Uncle Buck on IFC, great movie
Yesterday, 5:05 PM
  • Torr's Photo
    Torr
    *he's cookin' our garbage!!*

A great role for McCauly Culkin... they didn't make him an exaggerated cartoon character, he's just a normal kid, probably the best role he ever played.

Yesterday, 11:54 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    He was also really good in My Girl - another great flick. Can't go wrong with Dan Aykroyd
    Today, 7:28 AM
  • phattyboombatty's Photo
    phattyboombatty
    Great Hughes classic. My 2 and 3 year old already know and love “uncle Buck”!
    Today, 12:34 PM
Photo

atari2600land

Is there a way to filter out certain eBay sellers? I'm looking for original Dreamcast games and this asshat is selling multiple custom Dreamcast games I don't want. It's quite annoying.
Yesterday, 3:48 PM
  • icemanxp300's Photo
    icemanxp300
    Send them a message and ask them to block you. That should make it so you can't see their listings.
    Yesterday, 4:06 PM
  • Arenafoot's Photo
    Arenafoot
    go to the "advanced search" feature on ebay and then under "Exclude words from your search" try putting the ebay seller name you want to block - it should work
    Yesterday, 7:11 PM
Photo

Keatah

70's rock bands.. Buncha old guys lurching around on-stage. Any 60's groups still dragging?
Yesterday, 2:43 PM
  • BydoEmpire's Photo
    BydoEmpire
    I like concerts, but it's really hard to stand for 3 hours. Kills my back. That said, I still love live music.
    Yesterday, 4:25 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    Local ampitheatre has cover bands -- Beatles, Eagles, Chicago. They probably sound better than the original bands, since they're 30 years younger. Plus admission is only $8 and not a bad seat in the place. You can sit down and watch.
    Yesterday, 5:59 PM
  • The Usotsuki's Photo
    The Usotsuki
    Maybe the Who or the Rolling Groans?
    Yesterday, 10:19 PM