Community Status Updates

Photo

atari2600land

I am literally sick because of this dumb hot weather. It hurts being hot. Fan running, window open, nothing helps. It's like an oven.
Today, 10:28 PM
Photo

S1500

"The Video Game Years" on Amazon video is like "I love the 80s" on VH1, but all video game.
Today, 10:03 PM
Photo

Grig

My wife just said that Aerosmith should have made the song "Wah! Wah! You look like a baby!"
Today, 8:32 PM
Photo

save2600

Here's to future days!
Today, 4:44 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Don't take that, take this!
    Today, 5:32 PM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    I remember Casey Kasem introducing the Thompson Twins -- "there are 3 of them, and one of them is black!"
    Today, 7:36 PM
Photo

Trip2018

Trololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
Today, 12:48 PM
  • ClassicGMR's Photo
    ClassicGMR
    I just read this as the theme song to Banana Splits...
    Today, 5:47 PM
  • godslabrat's Photo
    godslabrat
    Aiiiieeeeeee! La la la la laaaaaa la
    Today, 6:53 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    ClassicGMR Me Too!
    Today, 9:09 PM
Photo

jd_1138

We're watching the new Lost in Space program on Netflix. He asks for an 11/16th's wrench to repair something. Um, I would hope their ship is all metric.
Today, 12:24 PM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    That's funny. I just watched this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TV6JFxMEcI
    Today, 1:07 PM
  • BiffsGamingVideos's Photo
    BiffsGamingVideos
    Spoiler alert: In the last episode, how does Doctor Smith get into the airlock? She's just there. And why are some episodes just have the title and others have a stupid opening? And when the truck flips over and traps that guy, then why didn't they just use the cable and flip the truck all of the way over to the other side so that the holes would be facing up (so some fuel is left)? and why did they replace most of the white guys with minorities?
    Today, 6:52 PM
  • 128Kgames's Photo
    128Kgames
    If you binge on Netflix it skips over the intro, but you can rewind and watch it from the beginning if you want to
    Today, 8:03 PM
Photo

GoldLeader

A couple of days ago I won an eBay auction for an Atari Flashback 8 Gold HD, Deluxe version with paddles!!
Today, 10:33 AM
  • spriggamortis's Photo
    spriggamortis
    noice
    Today, 4:05 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    At very least, I also plan to buy a (Downgrade) convertor to go from HDMI to RCA...So I can try some stuff out on my CRT too! Like NES/SNES Classic, Genesis HD FB, Atari HD FB ...
    Today, 4:13 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    I might get one of those Atari Flashbacks if I can find a salvage unit on ShopGoodwill. Got a good deal on that crappy Genesis last month.
    Today, 6:58 PM
Photo

DracIsBack

Continuing my delve into late series 7800 games. Amazing that Atari Corp tried to link Alien Brigade and Planet Smashers together. The difference in quality between the two is pretty astonishing
Today, 10:11 AM
Photo
  • VectorGamer's Photo
    VectorGamer
    Look him up on Wiki last night and he's always breaking the law. And we give this guy an ovation?
    Today, 10:06 AM
  • travistouchdown's Photo
    travistouchdown
    Cause' he's an oppressed minority man! The SYSTEM made him commit those crimes.
    Today, 1:47 PM
Photo

save2600

Wish my favorite FM oldies station would quit playing The Cure. Didn't like them in the 80's and don't like them now. I'll take Culture Club over them any day and yet, you never hear CC on this station. :-(
Today, 6:35 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    @franko... I grew up with Dick Biondi on WJMK (Chicago) and now listen to WOLX out of the Baraboo Bluffs.
    Today, 2:24 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    But do they play Big Country? That's the real question. (Shout out to adam242)
    Today, 4:16 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Yes, but rarely
    Today, 4:44 PM
Photo

SlidellMan

Here's an excellent cover of The Great Mighty Poo theme! https://soundcloud.com/kawabounga/bullshit It just may be the best song I have heard from the past 20 years. (This is including Ryan and Daryl Mitiska from Apocalypse Cartoons.)
Yesterday, 11:31 PM
Photo

masschamber

tracked down a guy with a casio pv 1000 with "games" he thought it didn't work, turns out he had pv2000 carts, good planning casio good planning. Now I have 2 pv 1000s
Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • masschamber's Photo
    masschamber
    Exactly, I don't know why casio did it like this but it is screwy
    Today, 7:42 AM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    They probably got a better bulk price on the cartridge shells if they bought a larger volume...
    Today, 7:55 AM
  • masschamber's Photo
    masschamber
    possibly, but given the crazy failure of them it probably didn't matter. The worst thing is, the pv1000 is fairly unique hardware, the pv2000 is another colecovision/msx/sg1000
    Today, 10:33 AM
Photo

ferghead

Jungle Hunt, this week on the Atari 2600 Game by Game Podcast. http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Jungle_Hunt_by_Atari.mp3
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Photo

adam242

I've never took the smile away from anybody's face.. but that's a desperate way to look for some who is still a child.
Yesterday, 9:15 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    In a Big Country Dreams stay with you...
    Today, 12:08 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    That's one of those bands I never heard in the 80's, but I love it now!! I heard it about 4-5 years ago.
    Today, 10:10 AM
Photo

Corby

The Traveling Wilburys
Yesterday, 7:47 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Love them! Immediately took to their first album when it debut'd BITD. Same with Oribson's Mystery Girl. Hats off to Lynne for getting all that talent together and encouraging Orbison to record again. Some of my favorite tunes of all time on those albums.
    Today, 6:25 AM
  • ValkerieSilk's Photo
    ValkerieSilk
    Totally awesome band ... Was just listening to them on Spotify ... RIP TP
    Today, 8:22 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Who? ... Sorry, didn't know if Keatah or Random Terrain were gonna do it. haaaa...
    Today, 10:12 AM