Community Status Updates

Photo

GoldLeader

A couple of days ago I won an eBay auction for an Atari Flashback 8 Gold HD, Deluxe version with paddles!!
Today, 10:33 AM
  • BydoEmpire's Photo
    BydoEmpire
    Cool, congrats!
    Today, 11:40 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    cheap or for more than retail? These rare or something?
    Today, 11:53 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    I'd be curious to hear your thoughts about the game selection interface.
    Today, 12:01 PM
Photo

DracIsBack

Continuing my delve into late series 7800 games. Amazing that Atari Corp tried to link Alien Brigade and Planet Smashers together. The difference in quality between the two is pretty astonishing
Today, 10:11 AM
Photo
  • VectorGamer's Photo
    VectorGamer
    Look him up on Wiki last night and he's always breaking the law. And we give this guy an ovation?
    Today, 10:06 AM
Photo

save2600

Wish my favorite FM oldies station would quit playing The Cure. Didn't like them in the 80's and don't like them now. I'll take Culture Club over them any day and yet, you never hear CC on this station. :-(
Today, 6:35 AM
  • BydoEmpire's Photo
    BydoEmpire
    The Cure is considered "Oldies?" Ugh, I'm old.
    Today, 11:41 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Yeah, see what I mean!? Ugh
    Today, 11:50 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    It was thirty years ago, after all.

I used to like the First Wave station on Sirius XM until I could feel the limitations of their playlist. Lots of Cure on there, too.

I like to get my news from podcasts and the (online) newspapers, and the traffic/weather from my phone.

Old habits are to be respected though, I suppose ...just not complained about. ;-)
    Today, 12:00 PM
Photo

SlidellMan

Here's an excellent cover of The Great Mighty Poo theme! https://soundcloud.com/kawabounga/bullshit It just may be the best song I have heard from the past 20 years. (This is including Ryan and Daryl Mitiska from Apocalypse Cartoons.)
Yesterday, 11:31 PM
Photo

masschamber

tracked down a guy with a casio pv 1000 with "games" he thought it didn't work, turns out he had pv2000 carts, good planning casio good planning. Now I have 2 pv 1000s
Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • masschamber's Photo
    masschamber
    Exactly, I don't know why casio did it like this but it is screwy
    Today, 7:42 AM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    They probably got a better bulk price on the cartridge shells if they bought a larger volume...
    Today, 7:55 AM
  • masschamber's Photo
    masschamber
    possibly, but given the crazy failure of them it probably didn't matter. The worst thing is, the pv1000 is fairly unique hardware, the pv2000 is another colecovision/msx/sg1000
    Today, 10:33 AM
Photo

ferghead

Jungle Hunt, this week on the Atari 2600 Game by Game Podcast. http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/Jungle_Hunt_by_Atari.mp3
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Photo

adam242

I've never took the smile away from anybody's face.. but that's a desperate way to look for some who is still a child.
Yesterday, 9:15 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    In a Big Country Dreams stay with you...
    Today, 12:08 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    That's one of those bands I never heard in the 80's, but I love it now!! I heard it about 4-5 years ago.
    Today, 10:10 AM
Photo

Corby

The Traveling Wilburys
Yesterday, 7:47 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Love them! Immediately took to their first album when it debut'd BITD. Same with Oribson's Mystery Girl. Hats off to Lynne for getting all that talent together and encouraging Orbison to record again. Some of my favorite tunes of all time on those albums.
    Today, 6:25 AM
  • ValkerieSilk's Photo
    ValkerieSilk
    Totally awesome band ... Was just listening to them on Spotify ... RIP TP
    Today, 8:22 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Who? ... Sorry, didn't know if Keatah or Random Terrain were gonna do it. haaaa...
    Today, 10:12 AM
Photo
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    Heh ... he's not lying, either. I've got a 1994 Corolla that I bought in the summer of 1997. I'm still driving it 20+ years later. Sometimes I've actually had to change the oil, but it's still running great with a minimum of maintenance.
    Yesterday, 8:22 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Classic!
    Today, 1:42 AM
Photo

travistouchdown

The local Craigslist is littered with Xbox 360's for $50 a pop. May be a good time to buy...
Yesterday, 6:27 PM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    The XBone can play a huge array of XB360 games

...but not the original Kinect games, which are surprisingly fun to play with young children. Nothing quite like them anywhere else.
    Today, 5:36 AM
  • deepthaw's Photo
    deepthaw
    MY XBOX360 IS SO LOUD I HAVE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO HEAR MYSELF.

So I'd not recommend using them as a media player. :\
    Today, 9:25 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Personally I don't trust a machine with such a high failure rate, but maybe that was just the first batch? At least they're cheap, but I'd get back ups.
    Today, 10:19 AM
Photo

NE146

Strange that MAME doesn't have the moon and background artwork for the original Taito Space Invaders Part 2.. thought that'd be around by now.
Yesterday, 6:18 PM
  • MrMaddog's Photo
    MrMaddog
    Very surprised they still don't... Well I use the lunar backgrounds for the Midway versions and color overlays for the Taito ones.
    Yesterday, 9:39 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    Yeah.. maybe it just isn't as easily available? This is it if anyone is interested.. orange sky, blue moon, bezel, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0wWfHpUHz0
    Yesterday, 11:00 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I played Space Invaders Deluxe at our arcade BITD and more recently in Las Vegas at the Pinball Hall of Fame...Which is similar (U.S. Version) but has slightly different sound effects and scoring might be different.
    Today, 1:40 AM
Photo

Keatah

Got our charter for the air show!!
Yesterday, 5:23 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Sounds killer! We had one here around 5-10 years ago (Don't remember exactly)...I loved the WWII planes, A Zero buzzed the crowd with machine guns too (Blanks)!
    Today, 10:15 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    We do get the Thunderbirds every year.
    Today, 10:16 AM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    Chicago gets Thunderbirds - Blue Angles - Thinderbirds - Blue Angles, alternating every year like clockwork.

Today, 11:24 AM
Photo

ProperRogue

I just heard that Bob Dorough, from the Schoolhouse Rock! series, passed away on Monday at 94. RIP Mr. Dorough. https://tinyurl.com/y8bflhcf
Yesterday, 5:14 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    RIP! It's funny how nostalgia works...I like Schoolhouse Rock now...But not so sure about it at the time...
    Today, 1:42 AM
Photo

ColecoGamer

It’s gorgeous outside. The sky is a dark blue and the temperature is a comfortable 70 degrees. How’s the weather where you live today?
Yesterday, 12:21 PM
  • atari2600land's Photo
    atari2600land
    Too hot. It's 83 right now.
    Yesterday, 5:13 PM
  • ls650's Photo
    ls650
    It has been sunny and highs of 18C. Nice.
    Yesterday, 8:14 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    63 Tomorrow!!! WooHoo!!
    Today, 1:45 AM