Community Status Updates

Photo

Keatah

Working hard to type out the strange sounds rumbling in my head.
Yesterday, 11:08 PM
  • Trekker_1138's Photo
    Trekker_1138
    Stop using that Timex-Sinclair 1000 with the crappy membrane keyboard. :)
    Yesterday, 11:13 PM
  • pangasinan's Photo
    pangasinan
    I get strange rumbling sounds in another part of my body.
    Yesterday, 11:52 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I bet they go like this ... Awwaraaaagahajghkuuuyytteyuestiysridisygosdhygbfdjigblo hoiowpweforesrfgdifghbdjbhbdeerrrrerrrerrrtgggggggh! But that's just a guess...
    Today, 12:41 AM
Photo

BassGuitari

Fun fact: Flash Gordon on the 2600 and Spider City on the VIC-20 are the same game. I get feeling Spider City was the original game and the Flash Gordon license was tacked on later.
Yesterday, 10:49 PM
  • BassGuitari's Photo
    BassGuitari
    I just found that out by accident, checking out candidates for VIC-20 titles to put onto tape. I don't know which came first, but Spider City was done by Sirius, whose games were brought to the 2600 by Fox Games.
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    You're probably right on the money with that last sentence but I don't know for sure...
    Today, 12:53 AM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    The Atari 400 is the same way, I think. When Fox wanted to turn an okay computer game into merchandise for a film, they got Sirius!
    Today, 2:47 AM
Photo
  • adam242's Photo
    adam242
    Burninating the countryside..
    Yesterday, 9:57 PM
  • Prosystemsearch's Photo
    Prosystemsearch
    Who is Trogdor again?
    Yesterday, 10:06 PM
  • wongojack's Photo
    wongojack
    homestarrunner.com Man that was so funny at the time. What are those guys doing these days?
    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Photo

Prosystemsearch

Anyone here besides me notice that the 1st, 2nd, and start of the 3rd generation of Video Games was going on, Western animation was going through a dark age? No, I didn't make the last part up!
Yesterday, 9:08 PM
  • CaptainBreakout's Photo
    CaptainBreakout
    Don Bluth was in his prime, but he was a light in the darkness. Also Twice Upon a Time was made, and few noticed. So yeah, I guess that's true.
    Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Photo

Bryan

Ever hear a song at a very low volume and hear a completely different melody than the one that's actually there?
Yesterday, 8:20 PM
  • Nathan Strum's Photo
    Nathan Strum
    Yep. It usually happens if I start hearing the melody at the wrong point.
    Yesterday, 9:04 PM
  • SSG's Photo
    SSG
    No, But dont forget to listen to your rock records in reverse!

Yesterday, 10:36 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Sometimes even at high volume LOL...
    Today, 12:45 AM
Photo

Rhindle the Dragon

Fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle Burstein von Knacker-Thrasher Apple-Banger
Yesterday, 7:45 PM
  • atari2600land's Photo
    atari2600land
    Karl Gambolputty de von Ausfernschpleden-schlittercrasscrenbonfrieddigger-dingledangledongledungle-bursteinvonknackerthrasherapplebanger-horowitzticolensic-granderknottyspelltinkle-grandllichgrumblemeyer-spelterwasserkurtstlichhimble-eisenbahnwagen-gutenabendbitteeinnurnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimacheluber-hundsfutgumberaberschonendanker-kalbsfleischmittlerraucher von hautkumpf of Ulm.
    Yesterday, 8:41 PM
Photo

adam242

On the causeway to nowhere...
Yesterday, 6:57 PM
Photo

Tombstone

Just read through Art of Atari. What an awesome book. Growing up in the Bay Area back then was crazy. Atari was King!
Yesterday, 6:57 PM
  • CaptainBreakout's Photo
    CaptainBreakout
    Haha... Yeah totally. Grew up in Half Moon Bay for me. Amazing that stuff was being done right "over the hill". Made me wonder if the rest of the world was as cool as San Mateo, where EA and my grandparents were.
    Yesterday, 10:01 PM
Photo

roadrunner

Simon Cowell spends over $12K for son's third birthday party
Yesterday, 5:18 PM
  • frankodragon's Photo
    frankodragon
    I wonder if his Grandparents are jealous since they're the ones who should be spoiling the kid.
    Yesterday, 7:46 PM
  • Trebor's Photo
    Trebor
    LOL...He earns 15 million/yr for his judging on the talent shows. Cowell spending 12K, is like a person earning $50K/yr spending 40 bucks.
    Yesterday, 8:03 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    He got rich by being a bastard to singers hoping to go professional. He represents a great deal about what people hate about the music industry.
    Today, 2:34 AM
Photo

Ransom

It's the New Zoo Review, coming right at you!
Yesterday, 4:05 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Holy Cow Frankodragon! It figures the outakes could be like that on a show so educational and sickly sweet haha...
    Today, 3:18 AM
  • ferghead's Photo
    ferghead
    GoldLeader, I'm guessing you never saw Wacko! or Marlo and the Magic Movie Machine?

Today, 4:02 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Nope. I did just look them up on IMDB, but not familiar...
    Today, 4:08 AM
Photo
Photo

travistouchdown

Anyone know a person or company that does high quality manual re-prints? Missing some manuals and tired of waiting to find them on ebay for absurd prices. Very okay if they are marked "repro." Thanks.
Yesterday, 9:29 AM
  • travistouchdown's Photo
    travistouchdown
    Interesting. There is a guy on eBay who does repro manuals but they are like $65, which kind of defeats the purpose...lol
    Yesterday, 6:12 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I don't know on that, but I have some spare manuals In a box, but I'd have to dig them out and I have no idea what games or even systems you mean, so the chances of me having it might be pretty slim ....Still if ya have a list of what you're looking for...Maybe PM me just in case I have a spare...
    Today, 1:00 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Oh I just looked and I bet I spoke too soon...I thought there might be some more classic manuals in this box I hadn't really gone through, but aside from an Odyssey II owners Manual, and Bases Loaded for NES,...It's N64 stuff.
    Today, 1:17 AM
Photo
  • cimerians's Photo
    cimerians
    awesome...I used to love reading the comics more than playing the games lol

Yesterday, 9:43 AM
  • Master Phruby's Photo
    Master Phruby
    But will all the clues be there?
    Yesterday, 12:32 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    That's pretty cool!
    Today, 1:23 AM
Photo

S1500

Okay, our next contestant on AtariAge likes to collect cartridges. Tell us more about that...
Yesterday, 8:01 AM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    @Jay: Simple as that!
    Yesterday, 12:56 PM
  • xucaen's Photo
    xucaen
    Hi long time listener first time caller. I like to collect cartridges because they harken back to a simpler time when New Wave was new, there was only one Star Trek, and wearing Nikes made you cool.
    Yesterday, 2:10 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    @CPUWIZ: "For the record!"
    Yesterday, 3:12 PM
Photo

fdurso224

The Legend of Zelda celebrates its birthday today!
Yesterday, 2:50 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    BITD, I'd walk over to a friends house and we'd play Zelda before school. Great memories!
    Yesterday, 7:55 AM
  • KreatorKat's Photo
    KreatorKat
    And Link is still the same age. Where's the rage? Just kidding.
    Yesterday, 3:47 PM
  • KreatorKat's Photo
    KreatorKat
    And Link is still the same age. Where's the rage? Just kidding.
    Yesterday, 3:47 PM