Community Status Updates

Photo

save2600

Friday night, I crashed your party. Saturday, I said I'm sorry.
Today, 7:44 PM
Photo

DuggerVideoGames

Anybody else think the Google news page looks like shit today and is giving horrible results for searches?
Today, 6:03 PM
Photo

Wyluli Wolf

I guess it's time for new glasses when you are viewing your own profile and say "Care Bears! Why the hell would I put Care Bears under interests?!?!?!". You then look again and breath a sigh of relief as you read "Craft Beers". lol
Today, 3:31 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Hooray for craft beers! Enjoying an Ale Asylum Hoppalicious right now. Tavern League in WI trying to make it tough for small breweries to,do,business. What they want to impose on them is beyond ridiculous. Assholes!
    Today, 4:29 PM
  • BassGuitari's Photo
    BassGuitari
    Like Wisconsin needs more beer. :P
    Today, 5:53 PM
  • DuggerVideoGames's Photo
    DuggerVideoGames
    I guarantee Braveheart Lion and Grumpy Bear can drink you under the table.
    Today, 6:15 PM
Photo

DesertJets

Going to NYC in August and am wondering if there are any classic video games stores worth checking out.
Today, 1:43 PM
  • BassGuitari's Photo
    BassGuitari
    In NYC? No doubt there are. But as with everything in NYC, I'd expect to overpay. :P
    Today, 1:52 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    Might as well hop over to the Nintendo store.. even though there isn't much there you can't get everywhere else.
    Today, 2:29 PM
Photo

roadrunner

A Google search for Vince Neil memes brings you to the Atariage gallery.
Today, 1:40 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    All roads lead to AA.
    Today, 4:30 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    I didn't know who Vince Neil was, either.
    Today, 6:26 PM
  • Grig's Photo
    Grig
    LOL!!! YES!
    Today, 7:01 PM
Photo

atari2600land

Nephew wanted to play my video games. I knew he wasn't going to be very good at them, but he insisted. I showed him Golf, Ms. Pac-Man and Trick Shot for the 2600. Now he's playing a table top pinball game I have.
Today, 1:10 PM
Photo

therealbountybob

8-bit Atari HSC Diamondz2 and Defender. Play the best of the new and old, scores welcome http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267077-hsc14-r11-double-d-defender-diamondz-2/
Today, 11:28 AM
Photo

Ransom

Why do so many blondes die their roots brown?
Today, 8:57 AM
  • icemanxp300's Photo
    icemanxp300
    LMAO Billy
    Today, 9:41 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Brilliant! :)
    Today, 10:20 AM
  • Nathan Strum's Photo
    Nathan Strum
    Probably because blonde hair and caucasian skin are very close in overall tonal value. By darkening their roots, it helps to increase contrast and "frame" their face better. Otherwise, to get their facial features to stand out, they would have to put on more makeup (heavier eye shadow, brighter lipstick, etc).
    Today, 10:21 AM
Photo

JDTAY

Atari and Mattel partner to promote Mattel brands through Roller Coaster Tycoon Touch. Where was this partnership thirty years ago when IntellAtari would've rocked all our faces?
Today, 8:13 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    I know, right? Always wanted a RealSports Super Challenge baseball game to play. lol
    Today, 8:27 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    M Network was better.
    Today, 12:42 PM
Photo

travistouchdown

Not buying the SNES mini out of principle.
Today, 7:36 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    As much as I love them, N64 games don't hold up as well IMHO. Though you can guess what would be included, based on Virtual Console thus far.
    Today, 12:43 PM
  • MrMaddog's Photo
    MrMaddog
    I rather buy a Genesis Flashback HD, assuming the sound doesn't suck...
    Today, 4:00 PM
  • Trekker_1138's Photo
    Trekker_1138
    You probably can't even buy one unless you pitch a North Face 2 person tent in front of Best Buy a week ahead of time.
    Today, 5:46 PM
Photo

Bryan

I love Mouser. They ship same day if your order is in by 8PM. Mine was just under the wire but didn't ship last night but I see they've upgraded my shipping method.
Today, 7:30 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    One of the few companies that actually has their shit together. Love them too and never had a mixup or bad experience with them all these years either.
    Today, 12:11 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    I've always had good experiences with Mouser, too. Their prices are pretty good, and everything always arrives very well-packed.
    Today, 1:31 PM
Photo

Keatah

Just got some outstanding service from U.S. Robotics. Makers of the Courier and other ass-kick'n modems.
Today, 12:15 AM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    No no. No minimodems. And v.92 modems are still a brisk seller.
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    That doesn't surprise me. Point-of-sale terminals still make widespread use of analog modems, presumably for secure credit card transactions.
    Today, 1:43 PM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    ..and as backup communication in many in-house networks.
    Today, 3:06 PM
Photo

ApolloBoy

Anyone know how to make a CompactFlash card bootable for a Win98 PC? Trying to use one to replace a dying HD on a laptop
Yesterday, 11:25 PM
  • ApolloBoy's Photo
    ApolloBoy
    I've already got an adapter, the problem is that the laptop refuses to boot from the CF card even when formatted using the Win98 boot disk.
    Yesterday, 11:51 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    Hmmm ... did you remember to transfer the system files? Here's the procedure that I remember doing with my CF card:
    1) Partition the CF card with FAT32
    2) Boot the Win98 disc with CD support (MSCDEX)
    3) FORMAT C: /S
    4) Copy the CAB files into a folder on C:
    5) Launch SETUP.EXE from the folder to install Win98.
    Yesterday, 11:56 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    One that I forgot:
    0) Make sure the laptop is properly detecting the drive in the BIOS. If the laptop has a HD size limitation, you might need to use an overlay manager like Disk Manager.
    Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Photo

Grig

My Mac Mini crashed the other day and would not restore. I wiped the HD and took it to a local Apple Store. They re-installed El Capitan at no charge. Thank you Apple.
Yesterday, 9:37 PM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    Strangely the exact same thing happened to my housemate's Mac Mini last month, including Apple fixing it by re-installing the OS free of charge. Apple may be expensive but their customer service is always great! =)
    Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    You wouldn't have to take the damn thing in if Apple would include backup discs in the first place. Oh wait, no more optical drives built into their machines now. I have two such beasts, how could I forget? sigh
    Today, 8:20 AM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Still, I'd rather they include discs. It's the normal thing to do.
    Today, 8:21 AM
Photo

bpatte02

Channel F mini
Yesterday, 9:25 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    Let's start a thread in the Atari 2600 forum!

"New Fairchild Console that Channel F Mini?"
    Yesterday, 10:54 PM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    I'm waiting for the HD edition of the Studio II, this time with extra sturdy buttons to push.
    Today, 1:02 AM
  • BassGuitari's Photo
    BassGuitari
    Sign me up!
    Today, 8:57 AM