Community Status Updates

Photo

Jin

CGR Undertow really needs to return as a Patreon funded show. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Today, 1:24 AM
Photo

Jess Ragan

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/2017/08/to-error-16-is-frustrating.html A little Sonic Mania, a little Ninja Spirit, and oh yeah, some more griping about the Xbox.
Yesterday, 11:50 PM
Photo

retrorussell

Getting bombarded by spam texts on my phone *supposedly* sent by my contacts-- some long URL from Legacy hospital's website. Ugh!
Yesterday, 11:36 PM
Photo

roadrunner

Why does Yahoo play videos when your spam folder is empty?
Yesterday, 8:52 PM
  • Joe C.'s Photo
    Joe C.
    I thought you didn't want to go on to Yahoo anymore?
    Yesterday, 9:14 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Mine never did that, but...After my new HDD, Internet Explorer no longer plays nice with Yahoo...I get a Security Certificate Warning that won't go away, Which it never did before...At least Chrome works though...
    Yesterday, 11:29 PM
Photo

Nathan Strum

Okay... which one of you keeps riding their wrecking ball into my guitar?
Yesterday, 8:03 PM
  • Nathan Strum's Photo
    Nathan Strum
    I always assumed it was one wrecking ball per guitar, but that there were several guitars, therefore several wrecking balls.

Which is probably more thought than what was actually put into the original lyric when it was written.
    Yesterday, 8:20 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    (points at Miley)
    Yesterday, 8:31 PM
  • roadrunner's Photo
    roadrunner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfgbExC1UV4
    Yesterday, 8:57 PM
Photo

Grig

What a week - started off the week with my 17th wedding anniversary, then my 16 year old cat almost died, followed by both of my german shepherd puppies contracting parvo, then a 380 man riot at work, and finally my commuter car died and needs a new engine. I'm ready for this week!
Yesterday, 7:37 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    Wow, 380 man riot? Work in a prison? Sorry about the furry creatures that are ill.
    Yesterday, 7:41 PM
  • BydoEmpire's Photo
    BydoEmpire
    Yikes... I can't say I've ever had a riot at my workplace. Here's to this coming week being much, much better.
    Yesterday, 7:42 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Damn Grig!! Have a swig O the Good Stuff and enjoy the Eclipse!
    Yesterday, 11:24 PM
Photo

Dr Manhattan

Is Dragon Box Shop the official site for McWill screens?
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
Photo

simbalion

Found out this morning that a bar and grill I frequent a lot in the fall and winter burnt down. No real details except it took three hours to put the blaze out this morning, which was reported at 2:44am. Goodbye to another landmark building and place that had been in business since 1908! Luckily, no-one hurt.
Yesterday, 5:26 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    In our town if a nice bar & grill goes away, it's instantly replaced by 2 cell phone stores and a Men's Wearhouse :(
    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
  • simbalion's Photo
    simbalion
    We will probably just get another vacant lot or a park no-one will use.
    Yesterday, 10:13 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Well, ... I Do like parks! :)
    Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Photo

jaybird3rd

I just finished replacing my grandfather's old Windows XP computer. Reinstalling his favorite Windows applications and games (some of which are 26 years old), and getting them to work on the new computer under Windows 10, was an interesting challenge.
Yesterday, 3:13 PM
  • atari2600land's Photo
    atari2600land
    Jezzball? Chip's Challenge?
    Yesterday, 3:49 PM
  • Dr Manhattan's Photo
    Dr Manhattan
    I'm still rocking a heavily modified version of XP. Fight the power.
    Yesterday, 6:34 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    I probably would have kept him on XP, but he's almost 90 years old and was worried about using the computer anymore because it doesn't have any current antivirus software, so I didn't mind doing the upgrade if it helped to put his mind at ease. Win10 also has some accessibility features which made the computer easier for him to use than it would have been with XP.
    Yesterday, 8:35 PM
Photo

guitarmas

How does turn based gaming work? Do you just take caution into the wind and hope your character kills the enemy?
Yesterday, 2:43 PM
  • Nuclear Pacman's Photo
    Nuclear Pacman
    Haven't you ever played a board game?
    Yesterday, 4:38 PM
  • guitarmas's Photo
    guitarmas
    Do and of you have a good suggestion. Preferably free?
    Yesterday, 5:32 PM
  • BydoEmpire's Photo
    BydoEmpire
    Turn based games are way more fun for me than RTSs. What theme & genre? War games? RPGs?
    Yesterday, 5:48 PM
Photo

JamesD

Porting BASIC to my 68HC11 board. A 16 MHz HC11 should run Ahl's benchmark in under 4 seconds. It's faster than most PDP-11s. Oh to have had that kind of speed in the early 80s
Yesterday, 2:35 PM
Photo

GoldLeader

Special AA Eclipse Edition Update. Tonight: Live music, Beer, Game O Thrones. Tomorrow: Eclipse, Chilling, 98% Totality, Partly Sunny,...That's OK clouds may just make it a bit darker...Introspection, Reflection, and History. CHEERS!!
Yesterday, 2:34 PM
Photo

Reaperman

welco metot henex tlevel
Yesterday, 1:46 PM
Photo

Dr Manhattan

Hooker's a good cop, man!
Yesterday, 1:06 PM
  • Good_Times's Photo
    Good_Times
    Toupee or not toupee; THAT is the question!
    Yesterday, 1:09 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    In a bad show. I got that from the local library for two bucks. Even that was too much.
    Yesterday, 2:24 PM
  • Good_Times's Photo
    Good_Times
    Yep, you overpaid.
    Yesterday, 3:42 PM
Photo

Standard User

Haven't seen the whole film, but watched a clip from Thor: The Dark World that involves Thor asking how to get to Greenwich from Charing Cross tube station. Trying to work out if he indeed got on the correct train. Assuming Thor is on a southbound train (either Northern Line or Bakerloo Line from Charing Cross is fine), he would need to change after two stops (at Waterloo) for the Jubilee Line, and then get off at North Greenwich (outside the O2 / Millennium Dome)... or get off a stop e...
Yesterday, 1:04 PM
  • Standard User's Photo
    Standard User
    earlier at Canary Wharf and swap onto the DLR.

However, given the lack of artwork on the walls and the green tiles that you can just make out behind Thor in said clip/etc... he's not actually getting on a train at Charing Cross at all, so odds are he's going to get thoroughly lost.

Yesterday, 1:05 PM
  • Good_Times's Photo
    Good_Times
    Wow.
    Yesterday, 1:20 PM