Community Status Updates

Photo

Flojomojo

Looks like my love affair with Android is over. So long little green dude, it was fun while it lasted!
Today, 11:09 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    @atarian63 as well you should, it's amazing and is pretty much the consumer Linux dream fulfilled
    Today, 11:38 AM
  • atarian63's Photo
    atarian63
    Yes it is,but your staement makes perfect sense since you are invest in the ios world. I have an ipad but it's just my play toy that I dont care if I lose.
    Today, 11:52 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    Yes, we are mirror universe images of each other. It was just so tempting to TAKE ALL when hardware got so cheap! $35 Kindle Fire! Full HD Nexus 7! Nvidia Shield with fast Tegra! Android TV for big screen fun! ENOUGH ALREADY YOU DORK, I told myself.
    Today, 11:58 AM
Photo

Nuclear Pacman

I'm not sure I like Cannon Spike. I'm not getting the hang of the controls very well.
Today, 11:02 AM
Photo

Tickled_Pink

Goody! Just tried out my PS2 with one game set to NTSC 60Hz and it works on our big TV. The world is now my oyster. Given the prices of some stuff in the UK it might be cheaper to import.
Today, 6:52 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    Everyone in the United States should be grateful for cheap, plentiful, full-speed games.
    Today, 11:10 AM
  • Tickled_Pink's Photo
    Tickled_Pink
    Except the Vectrex. Just seen the prices on Ebay O_O That's one item that's definitely more expensive in the US than over here.
    Today, 11:30 AM
Photo

ferghead

Battlezone, this week on the Atari 2600 Game by Game podcast. Part 1 of episode 126 is about Battlezone. Part 2 featuring Krull and the feedback for both games will follow along shortly. Thanks so much once again for your patience and for listening! http://traffic.libsyn.com/2600gamebygamepodcast/126_Part_1_-_Battlezone_by_Atari.mp3
Today, 5:30 AM
Photo

7800fan

Cashier asks me if I found everything I needed, I said "No, I didn't find a new wife again"
Today, 1:39 AM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    Aren't wives the kind of item you normally mail order?
    Today, 6:50 AM
  • icemanxp300's Photo
    icemanxp300
    My cousin did :)
    Today, 8:14 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    The grocery store is TOTALLY the best place to find a new partner. Bright lighting, so you know what you're getting. Wire carts show what the person eats and is REALLY like. Sometimes there's music so you can catch somebody boogying, which is important to see while sober. Grocery store hookups happen in the movies all the time, they wouldn't show that if it didn't happen in real life, right? Right?
    Today, 10:07 AM
Photo

Nathan Strum

So I tell the lady at Wal-Mart for the THIRD TIME, "Look... a hamster gun is not a gun you shoot hamsters WITH, it's a gun you shoot hamsters OUT OF. Now - do you have one or not?" So hard to find good help these days...
Today, 12:33 AM
  • DaveD's Photo
    DaveD
    I had the same problem when looking for a gerbil tube.

Today, 9:23 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    This baby food is not what I expected
    Today, 9:34 AM
Photo

Random Terrain

This movie makes men pregnant and forces bagpipes to chew tomato flavored bubblegum on the third day of the purple cucumber: https://youtu.be/IjN4Ysdc69w
Yesterday, 11:25 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    A strange Replayability to that clip...
    Today, 4:15 AM
Photo

Nuclear Pacman

I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande
Yesterday, 6:49 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    We have no tower??? Why the hell aren't I notified about these things?!?!
    Today, 12:00 AM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    (Shatner singlehandedly makes "Airplane II" worth watching, by the way. His "blinking flashing lights breakdown" is truly one of the greatest moments captured on film.)
    Today, 12:13 AM
  • Master Phruby's Photo
    Master Phruby
    They're blinking and flashing and flashing and blinking!!!!
    Today, 9:05 AM
Photo

Keatah

The Dafodils are singing and the birds are a-blooming.
Yesterday, 5:46 PM
Photo

roadrunner

Olympic cheat? Usain Bolt pictured in bed with Rio gangster’s widow hours after marriage rumors
Yesterday, 1:39 PM
  • Trekker_1138's Photo
    Trekker_1138
    Ugh, a Bolt sex tape.
    Yesterday, 6:00 PM
  • BillyHW's Photo
    BillyHW
    He finishes in under 10 seconds every single time.
    Yesterday, 10:22 PM
  • MotoRacer's Photo
    MotoRacer
    :Price is Right fail horn:
    Yesterday, 10:54 PM
Photo

Professor Gull

I love vacation...I hate it when your basement floods while on vacation though. Thank goodness for awesome neighbors and friends who got it cleaned up though. Lost a few cardboard boxes but nothing valuable either thankfully.
Yesterday, 12:48 PM
  • Trekker_1138's Photo
    Trekker_1138
    Wow that sucks. Does your basement have a sump pump with battery backup?
    Yesterday, 2:56 PM
  • Professor Gull's Photo
    Professor Gull
    Yup just bought a new pump yesterday going to a 1HP. The other one was just not working as well as it probably should have. Funny i actually have 3 pumps in the pit. The battery one and the main one then a 1/4 HP secondary one which did not turn on for some reason probably a bad switch oh well.
    Today, 10:51 AM
Photo

roadrunner

Looks like johnsgirl side dealed this sealed 1987 pac man
Yesterday, 12:22 PM
  • roadrunner's Photo
    roadrunner
    its back
    Yesterday, 12:55 PM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    1987 is pretty late for that game, is that why it's interesting?
    Yesterday, 1:24 PM
  • roadrunner's Photo
    roadrunner
    Yeah. Pac man fever was still going strong in '87 :)
    Yesterday, 1:28 PM
Photo

travistouchdown

Craigslist would have me believe that everyone on earth bought from a selection of 40 2600 games. Did anyone buy the other 525 games at all?
Yesterday, 9:57 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    It would be neat to see a visualization of all the VCS games by their distribution. I'll bet we can guess at the top 40 games. Make a list thread!
    Yesterday, 12:06 PM
  • R.Cade's Photo
    R.Cade
    That=1. They always have the same games!
    Yesterday, 6:28 PM
  • R.Cade's Photo
    R.Cade
    Mostly the arcade conversions. Everyone had those, plus Pitfall.
    Yesterday, 6:29 PM
Photo

BurritoBeans

Got a little Intel Core m5 Compute Stick to play with, I wonder what it can do...
Yesterday, 9:08 AM
  • CyranoJ's Photo
    CyranoJ
    It can't use WiFi and BT at the same time, and it's only got one USB slot... so without a hub and a bunch of cables and a PSU brick coming out the back it's pretty useless. Which is why they don't sell very well.

Yesterday, 3:05 PM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    All those limitations for $500, yuck. Just a proof of concept, or what?
    Yesterday, 3:18 PM
  • BurritoBeans's Photo
    BurritoBeans
    Not using the Bluetooth so I don't care, but expansion is limited - one MicroSD slot, one Type C for Power, One USB 3.0 on the thing, and then two more USB 3.0s on the power brick which I have powered hubs going off of. It gets a bit hot and file transfer is kinda slow from the NAS to it, but other than that I'm liking it enough.
    Yesterday, 4:51 PM
Photo

jaybird3rd

Back to the old grind! Prepping my first classes of the semester ...
Yesterday, 8:00 AM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    Yup.
    Yesterday, 9:29 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    It already feels a little like fall weather outside.
    Yesterday, 2:03 PM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    Indeed. The color of the sun and shadows is changing.
    Yesterday, 4:04 PM