Community Status Updates

Photo

travistouchdown

Is Fortnite any good? Tempted to try it just to see what the kids are doing these days.
Today, 7:23 PM
Photo

OldSchoolRetroGamer

RIP Ted Dabney - Did you hear? Likely an ATARI forum would not already have at least 3 threads about it so I better start one !
Today, 6:37 PM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    He died? WTF?
    Today, 7:06 PM
Photo

frankodragon

I was at the grocery store today and the overhead music played "Weird Al" Yankovic's 'Eat It.' It makes sense when you're shopping for food.
Today, 6:24 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    lol, that's a bizarre song choice on their Muzak system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-WzMovyzUA
    Today, 6:28 PM
Photo

LaserCat

If you like weird, horrific, exploitative, and sexploitative mastered to Criterion standards and pressed on physical media then fer cryin' out loud don't miss Vinegar Syndrome's halfway to Black Friday sale.
Today, 4:48 PM
  • LaserCat's Photo
    LaserCat
    @Vinegarsyndrome.com
    Today, 4:48 PM
  • SlidellMan's Photo
    SlidellMan
    I might have to check it out...
    Today, 7:04 PM
Photo

atari2600land

If you get over 99 points on an ActionMax game, the score blinks. I found this out after getting 103 on "Hydrosub: 2021."
Today, 3:11 PM
Photo

DuggerVideoGames

To win at Wor, you've gotta be a Worrior!
Today, 2:58 PM
Photo

cybercylon

Sorting and pitching. Found one of my broken NES top loaders-sittng around for two years. Surprise Castlevania III inside!
Today, 2:50 PM
Photo

simbalion

Finally fired up my working coinops for the first time in months. All seem ok yet.
Today, 12:55 PM
  • retrorussell's Photo
    retrorussell
    Mine haven't worked for the better part of a decade.
    Today, 3:17 PM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    Monitor on my arcade machine died. :(
    Today, 3:58 PM
  • simbalion's Photo
    simbalion
    Well, Space Invaders Deluxe fouled up before I shut them down, but that's it's usual edge connector issue.
    Today, 4:12 PM
Photo

GoldenWheels

hmm, rainy muggy day...looks like it's time to fire up coinops and find something multiplayer to play with the kids...suggestions?
Today, 9:34 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Gauntlet or Sidearms
    Today, 11:40 AM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    New Atomic Punk: Global Quest
    Today, 12:25 PM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    JOUST until someone cries. Then some more JOUST
    Today, 3:43 PM
Photo

GoldenWheels

hmm, rainy muggy day...looks like it's time to fire up coinops and find something multiplayer to play with the kids...suggestions?
Today, 9:34 AM
Photo

BydoEmpire

I'm going to enjoy our beach vacation in Clearwater, tropical storm or no!
Today, 9:32 AM
  • high voltage's Photo
    high voltage
    Cool, Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Today, 11:34 AM
Photo

Atarian7

At the beginning of the hockey season, the Golden Knights were 500 to 1 shots at making it to the Stanley Cup Finals. I wonder if anyone made that bet.
Today, 6:39 AM
  • AtariLeaf's Photo
    AtariLeaf
    Now it's 50/50. Go Caps! I'd rather see Ovi raise the cup anyway
    Today, 7:54 AM
  • cybercylon's Photo
    cybercylon
    The Caps can go crap themselves. Go Golden Knights!
    Today, 7:55 AM
  • KaeruYojimbo's Photo
    KaeruYojimbo
    Looks like someone bet on them at 300-1. https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/sports-books-excited-for-golden-knights-despite-possible-7m-loss/
    Today, 9:10 AM
Photo

Rhindle the Dragon

"In my studies, I have discovered that the number of false or misattributed quotes found in literature today exceeds the number of those which are legitimate." -- Tsar Peter the Great
Today, 2:09 AM
Photo

StanJr

It's getting to be that time of year when I rage quit the HSC...
Yesterday, 10:39 PM
  • StanJr's Photo
    StanJr
    I get the rage issues when I play games sometimes, particularly competitively. I got the issues.
    Today, 7:24 AM
  • Nathan Strum's Photo
    Nathan Strum
    I was doing pretty well this year, then just ran out of time. I was surprised to be in the top ten for awhile.
    Today, 3:08 PM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    Same here Stan. I almost never get upset when I'm just playing a game to have fun, but whenever I try to play something to compete with others for a high score I get angry really easily and never have much fun at all. The only exception is when I play high score games with my wife, because I just can't get mad when we're having fun together; even when she's kicking my ass six ways from Sunday lol
    Today, 4:11 PM
Photo

Jin

Having trouble deciding what game to purchase and play next. I've narrowed it down to either Shining Force for the Sega Genesis or Detective Pikachu for the 3DS, but I can't quite make up my mind which to go for first. Any thoughts on the matter?
Yesterday, 9:22 PM
  • dj_convoy's Photo
    dj_convoy
    Shining Force is a lot of fun if you dig semi RPG, semi strategy games.
    Yesterday, 9:46 PM
  • Reaperman's Photo
    Reaperman
    All else (price, desire to play) being equal, the genesis has already depreciated out, and is always the better choice. Let the 3ds ripen for 10 years or so.
    Yesterday, 10:37 PM
  • digdugnate's Photo
    digdugnate
    Detective Pikachu, because i want someone to tell me how the game is lol
    Today, 5:32 AM