Community Status Updates

Photo
Photo

Keatah

Taking a survivalist attitude with basic pc hardware. Those early 21st century e-Machines could be valuable again. Not as a collector's item, but as a practical workhorse not needing the cloud.
Yesterday, 8:15 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    I've "accidentally" done the same. I've amassed lots of pre-2005 motherboards and other components. They'll never make computing powerhouses, but they're reassuringly old and autonomous.
    Yesterday, 8:56 PM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    We are well into the era of "good enough" computing. Most new hardware sits around not knowing what to do with its own clock cycles. We're waiting for software functionality to catch up.
    Yesterday, 10:01 PM
  • MattelAquarius's Photo
    MattelAquarius
    Skynet has noticed the same thing... Those cycles are no longer sitting idle...Also, NSA.
    Today, 7:09 AM
Photo

copper20

I need a new manual (Not for resale) for Virtua Cop on the Sega Saturn. If anyone has one please PM me.
Yesterday, 8:03 PM
Photo
Photo

PacManPlus

is playing "Stars On 45" behind me
Yesterday, 4:00 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    long or short version?
    Yesterday, 7:17 PM
  • PacManPlus's Photo
    PacManPlus
    It was the 16 minute Rolling Stones Medley (from 'Stars On Long Play III')
    I have all three US albums from back in the day
    Yesterday, 7:23 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    How about Bra Size 45?
    Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Photo

Reaperman

Is looking for a wooden 'inbox' on ebay, and has discovered that it is an impossible search.
Yesterday, 11:03 AM
  • BillyHW's Photo
    BillyHW
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=wooden+inbox&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X"wooden+inbox".TRS0&_nkw="wooden+inbox"&_sacat=0
    Yesterday, 6:48 PM
  • Reaperman's Photo
    Reaperman
    yep that's one. It's $40 and legal size, so I'm not the hugest of fans. It does give me the secret, though. They're called "desk tray" on ebay.
    Yesterday, 8:04 PM
  • Random Terrain's Photo
    Random Terrain
    But will it work with Gmail?
    Yesterday, 8:06 PM
Photo

Random Terrain

That paint over there drying on the wall thinks you are excruciatingly tedious. Your constant droning on and on and on about nothing of significance is making it consider ending it all with turpentine. As you stumble down the sidewalk like a zombie with your eyes glued to a little screen, your vapid existence makes your own smartphone wish you would fall down an open manhole and drown in sewer water.
Yesterday, 9:54 AM
  • travistouchdown's Photo
    travistouchdown
    Ain't that the truth!
    Yesterday, 10:45 AM
  • adam242's Photo
    adam242
    Sorry, I couldn't read all that - my attention span has a 140-character limit.
    Yesterday, 10:48 AM
  • travistouchdown's Photo
    travistouchdown
    TL;DR :D
    Yesterday, 10:52 AM
Photo

Jin

Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized from Activision and Need For Speed Underground 2 from EA Games on my DS Lite, so I can sell out to corporate gaming while I'm selling out to corporate gaming. http://i.imgur.com/mPxuhqN.jpg
Yesterday, 2:18 AM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    In spite of the companies that produced them, both are actually really good games though. Some of the best in their respective genres for the DS and GBA.

...What? I'm not kidding! XD
    Yesterday, 2:19 AM
Photo

lushgirl_80

Planning to hookup my Famicom while I air my next radio show and speak over the FM airwaves using the 2nd controller mic while playing Legend of Zelda.. Gonna play some Bubblegum Crash and Alien Crush now!!!! and then listen to Black Sabbath :p
Yesterday, 1:27 AM
Photo

goldenegg

Extremely excited to have a Sphero BB-8 reserved for pickup in the morning!
Yesterday, 12:03 AM
  • chas10e's Photo
    chas10e
    you'll shoot your eye out
    Yesterday, 8:13 PM
Photo

Grig

I found the Jakk's Pacific Atari plug n play handheld at Savers last month for a few bucks. I turned it on and let my 7 year old play it. He loved it. I asked him if it had 2600 games on it and he said "no, only about 10" LOL!
Sep 3 2015 9:20 PM
  • chas10e's Photo
    chas10e
    lol, great story

I'm still sorta looking for the Atari paddles PnP
    Yesterday, 8:15 PM
Photo
Photo
Photo

Master Phruby

Anyone going to Star Wars midnight madness at TRU tonight?
Sep 3 2015 7:46 PM
  • BillyHW's Photo
    BillyHW
    TRU?
    Sep 3 2015 8:41 PM
  • Grig's Photo
    Grig
    No, I'm passing. I would love to collect the new toys but I'm paying off debt and saving for a house so I think I'm out of the Star Wars game - but I will stop by my local Wal-Mart in the morning to look at them. I'm pumped for the movie, can't wait!
    Sep 3 2015 9:17 PM
  • JamesD's Photo
    JamesD
    TRU = Toys R Us?
    Yesterday, 12:55 AM