Community Status Updates

Photo
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    For the life of me I don't understand why ebay lets sellers with ZERO Feedback sell anything! Even if they made a Seller Buy 5 items first and then sell, let's say 3 items for less than $10 (or something, Anything), just to verify a bank account, They could discourage 95% of scammers, who would move onto easier prey elsewhere.
    Today, 5:28 PM
  • Stephen's Photo
    Stephen
    Excellent - listing ended
    Today, 6:03 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I think the kicker there is that it ended because they "sold" them all..I had a mind to report it, but they don't really have an option for "gut feeling" or "something doesn't add up"...They make it easy for scammers to sell, but hard to report, and for all I know it's legit, but I doubt it...
    Today, 6:27 PM
Photo

retrorussell

Having a cold sucks enough, but hacking up crud hard enough to make your throat sore REALLY sucks.
Today, 2:52 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    That throat spray stuff Chloraseptic is a real lifesaver for an icky throat. Target has a generic version for 2 bucks or CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreen's has their generic versions too.
    Today, 5:06 PM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    I usually do hot steam/sauna for that.

Today, 5:20 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I'm more worried about some kind of infection heading toward my lungs (possible pneumonia) or something as I've been fighting this one a while, but it looks like there's stuff going around...I just want Everyone to feel better.
    Today, 5:35 PM
Photo

accousticguitar

Money for nothing and your checks for free.
Today, 2:02 PM
  • Atarian7's Photo
    Atarian7
    I thought it was "chicks".
    Today, 4:53 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    It'd be a perfect song for a bank to use as a jingle...
    Today, 5:29 PM
Photo

jd_1138

That glorious moment when someone outbids your bid in the last 2 minutes of an auction you later regretted bidding on.
Today, 1:52 PM
  • AtariLeaf's Photo
    AtariLeaf
    Yep that's a great feeling :D
    Today, 5:02 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    It's nice when The Universe is on your side on occasion...I remember getting a broken Sharp Twin Famicom from Japan...He sent me a working unit (both red) and let me keep the old one.
    Today, 5:31 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I got the old one fixed, and had both redone with longer cords for the joypads, plus New cartridge slots, and Now I have 2!! :)
    Today, 5:32 PM
Photo

Flojomojo

The nickname "PAM" for an Atari chip is a sign of its times. http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=pam&sw=both&exact=false
Today, 12:53 PM
  • AtariLeaf's Photo
    AtariLeaf
    It's a fun name to say too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeJGW2PAyMM
    Today, 5:03 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Maybe they wanted something that wouldn't stick.
    Today, 5:31 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    ^save2600 Now That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! LOL
    Today, 6:01 PM
Photo

Mord

Looks like the gamegear I had in storage is busted. Powers on, but doesn't read any carts. :/
Today, 11:54 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    A good cleaning
    of the cartridge contacts wouldn't hurt, might help
    Today, 12:54 PM
  • travistouchdown's Photo
    travistouchdown
    GG is one of the more finicky systems. Clean the carts and dust blast the cart slot
    Today, 1:04 PM
  • Dreamcast Gamer's Photo
    Dreamcast Gamer
    NNNOOO!!!
    Today, 1:05 PM
Photo

FOX2600

I'm a view MASTER with interactive vision.
Today, 7:28 AM
Photo

zetastrike

I've cleaned a lot of Atari and Intellivision carts over the years, but they don't begin to approach the level of filth Famicom carts always have. Yuck.
Today, 6:40 AM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    I think a lot of NES carts were used as makeshift dust pans for slobs to clean up their coffee tables.
    Today, 1:41 PM
  • Shawn's Photo
    Shawn
    Worst I ever came across was a dead cockroach shell and a mummified spider nest in the same cart.
    Today, 2:28 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I actually had Worse luck with a few Atari carts...Grimy mud on a couple (No idea LOL), But some of those brightly colored Famicom carts show the dirt in obvious ways...
    Today, 4:27 PM
Photo

Random Terrain

Shamrock = good. Sham rock = bad.
Today, 6:08 AM
  • Eltigro's Photo
    Eltigro
    Shifting weight on public transportation can make a tram rock.
    Today, 11:01 AM
  • Flojomojo's Photo
    Flojomojo
    Now do sham poo
    Today, 11:53 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I read this update and I'm like Sham Wow!
    Today, 4:28 PM
Photo

SlidellMan

I'm stuck at page fifteen of my script/screenplay and keep hitting writers' blocks.
Today, 2:06 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    TBH, I'd start with a rough outline and then drop my "voice" into one of the characters and see where it goes...
    Today, 4:32 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Also "You" control the tone of a movie, but the characters should have their own voices...
    Today, 4:33 PM
  • Master Phruby's Photo
    Master Phruby
    15 minutes in a movie is usually were things start to fall part. Just look at Justice League.
    Today, 5:54 PM
Photo

Swami

Why do sellers on ebay think vintage mice that only move side to side but not up and down work great?
Today, 1:10 AM
  • Christos's Photo
    Christos
    Because they can make money out of it?
    Today, 3:44 AM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    They put "great shape!" in the title but down below list all the faults with a piece of hardware -- doesn't turn on, etc.. But at least it's an attractive paperweight.
    Today, 1:43 PM
Photo

Keatah

I love getting the flu! It's a free pass to stay up all night and sleep all day. I get to do nothing productive and not get yelled at for it. Play Atari. Read books. Cruise ebay. And I now have this instant wait staff that popped out of nowhere!
Yesterday, 11:24 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    IV of Ringer's lactate
    Today, 1:46 PM
  • frankodragon's Photo
    frankodragon
    I usually load up on Vitamin C and zinc. It doesn't prevent being sick, but it does shorten the duration of the cold/flu.
    Today, 3:19 PM
  • Keatah's Photo
    Keatah
    Yes. Getting better, I'll try and prolong it another day or two. Ringer's Lactate? Monster energy and Arby's, though if I'm caught with THAT all bets are off. Divorce? Why?

Today, 5:18 PM
Photo

toiletunes

segatarintendo
Yesterday, 9:26 PM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    Frankenconsole
    Yesterday, 9:34 PM
  • Emehr's Photo
    Emehr
    *Frankonsole
    Yesterday, 10:12 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    Super Genesis. When I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this
    Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Photo

lushgirl_80

Someone wrote an article about my show and upcoming comic book release! http://bit.ly/2j5I72I My comic is the first to have anime characters smoking pot and playing the 2600 Sears 6-switch! There's also an animated commercial on my Youtube now. What game should I play tonight? I'm also interviewing one of the members of GWAR xo
Yesterday, 8:35 PM
  • thanatos's Photo
    thanatos
    OMG GWAR? Jealous!!!
    RIP Oderus.

Yesterday, 10:28 PM
  • SlidellMan's Photo
    SlidellMan
    Anime characters smoking weed? I'd rather see that over most of the anime that came out in the past fifteen years.
    Today, 1:55 AM
Photo

Corby

Would I be hated if I bought an Atarbox? When it comes out. If it comes out!
Yesterday, 7:23 PM
  • MrMaddog's Photo
    MrMaddog
    Buy it if you want, you're the one spending money not the haters. Like it or not Ataribox will be the official Atari branded console/computer that came out after 25 years.
    Today, 11:28 AM
  • Corby's Photo
    Corby
    I like tacos
    Today, 1:10 PM
  • Dreamcast Gamer's Photo
    Dreamcast Gamer
    That was my username on a forum once
    Today, 1:11 PM