Community Status Updates

Photo

Keatah

Ebay is cool. I ordered something with this much K in it and I got something with that much K in it!
Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Photo

Dreamcast Gamer

A Christmas remix of Dreamer from Streets Of Rage 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUQ5Bhh0Vk
Yesterday, 7:01 PM
Photo

DuggerVideoGames

My favorite version of the Rudolph song is sung by my 3-year-old niece. Instead of saying Cupid, she says Q*Bert!
Yesterday, 5:40 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    How cute. She's played Qbert yet?
    Yesterday, 7:40 PM
  • DuggerVideoGames's Photo
    DuggerVideoGames
    She has. She says that Coily the snake is adorable and she drew a pic of him with her purple crayon.
    Yesterday, 8:34 PM
Photo

Master Phruby

Seeing Star Wars tomorrow morning at 8:30am. I like a theater to myself.
Yesterday, 5:00 PM
  • jd_1138's Photo
    jd_1138
    It will probably be packed solid in the theatre. I'd arrive early unless you want to get whiplash looking up at the screen from the front row.
    Yesterday, 7:57 PM
  • RamrodHare's Photo
    RamrodHare
    While I'm tempted to go see it, I'm not fond of how loud it is at the theaters. I haven't been in years, but the last movie I saw was so loud my Father and I almost left before the movie was over. When we did leave, our ears were ringing and my Father said he'd never go to the theater again.
    Yesterday, 9:16 PM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    Why don't you just wait? I don't get the whole "Must have/Must do/Must see on the first day!" thing.
    Yesterday, 9:39 PM
Photo

save2600

hearing commercials now where people are mispronouncing 'voila'! They say "wall-ah"… have heard it on more than two ads lately. The 2010's… yet another decade to forget as we get dumber and dumber.
Yesterday, 4:44 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    27yo niece pronounced meme as "memie" the other day. Corrected her of course. Didn't want her to sound like a total flunky when out in public. She was shocked the word was pronounced "meem" as she's heard her peers mispronounce it as well.. sigh
    Yesterday, 5:04 PM
  • RamrodHare's Photo
    RamrodHare
    I'm guessing that mankind won't survive another century. It won't be a natural disaster or virus that kills us. It will be stupidity..
    Yesterday, 9:21 PM
  • SlidellMan's Photo
    SlidellMan
    And people wonder why I stay away from "Smart" devices?
    Yesterday, 11:32 PM
Photo
  • SpiceWare's Photo
    SpiceWare
    Meh, I'm sure most of the people in Pennsylvania would mispronounce Refugio, and I always hear people in New York saying Houston incorrectly ;)
    Yesterday, 5:00 PM
  • DuggerVideoGames's Photo
    DuggerVideoGames
    I'm from PA and we all know it's pronounced liltitz!
    Yesterday, 5:42 PM
  • frankodragon's Photo
    frankodragon
    I remember as a kid during a newscast in Milwaukee, I heard a news reporter slipped up the beer name, Schlitz as 'Shitz.'
    Yesterday, 11:12 PM
Photo

simbalion

Just got a Tiny Circuits Arcade Kit and want to post some questions about it. Just not sure what section to post it under.
Yesterday, 4:03 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Classic Gaming? It's where that other Mini Arcade thread resides...
    Yesterday, 4:15 PM
  • simbalion's Photo
    simbalion
    Ok, will post there.
    Yesterday, 7:11 PM
Photo

chuckwalla

Has anyone else noticed that sellers on ebay are more zombie-brained than ever - I received someone else's auction twice now and it pisses me off.
Yesterday, 4:02 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    You mean people are getting orders mixed up? Pretty easy mistake to make when you're not paying attention or not as organized as even a child should be. lol Goes with what I always observe and say... not enough people giving a shit today. Wonder when apathy is going to be recognized as the social disease or mental condition that it is.
    Yesterday, 4:26 PM
  • RamrodHare's Photo
    RamrodHare
    It's happened to me. I lost out on a minty set of 2600 joysticks because the fool sent them to someone else. I ended up getting a bunch of Polly Pocket dolls.
    Yesterday, 9:08 PM
Photo

travistouchdown

Think it might be time to block ebay. They are one of the worst SPAMMERS ever. Are you still looking at that thing you were looking at? Buy it. C'mon you know you want to.
Yesterday, 3:28 PM
  • The Mr. Video's Photo
    The Mr. Video
    This reminds me of when I'd get randomly redirected from Ebay to some malicious web page telling me to "Update Firefox" along with Firefox attempting to download said "update" on my computer, even though its icon clearly showed that it was a JScript. I never fell for it and it ended up being an annoyance more than anything.
    Yesterday, 7:36 PM
  • RamrodHare's Photo
    RamrodHare
    I've been getting around 10 emails a day from eBay this month. Not one of them has been anything important, just the random spam you mention. I just delete them and move on.
    Yesterday, 9:10 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I'm going to guess there's an unsubscribe somewhere? I mean I'm on ebay a lot sometimes and I never get emails from them...Just a couple messages a week in my ebay inbox but that's it...
    Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Photo

save2600

Counted about 4 SNES Mini's at Walmart today and wasn't even tempted to pick one up. $40 maybe, but $79... no thanks.
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    Original hardware and SD2SNES, SNES Classic, RPi3, and bunches of other oddball emulators (xbox, psp, wii, etc.) in addition to PC here. :p
    Yesterday, 2:19 PM
  • Random Terrain's Photo
    Random Terrain
    Video games are the cause of all hatred and violence in the world, so I try to avoid them. All I need is a stick. Throw stick, run to stick, pick up stick, throw stick, run to stick . . .
    Yesterday, 2:48 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I do also have original/clone hardware and a SD2SNES as well :) Plus RetroN 5, and a PSP with some emus as well...
    Yesterday, 4:12 PM
Photo

roadrunner

Vanna White had the hots for Al Bundy in a episode of Married... With Children in 1993
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Anybody else watch it in the middle of the night sometimes on TBS?
    Yesterday, 1:34 PM
  • ls650's Photo
    ls650
    Now THAT'S acting!
    Yesterday, 2:25 PM
  • SlidellMan's Photo
    SlidellMan
    Still one of the greatest TV shows that has aged well.
    Yesterday, 4:59 PM
Photo

VectorGamer

Anyone still use Usenet? Looking to download concert bootlegs but was wondering if those groups are even still active
Yesterday, 10:17 AM
  • S1500's Photo
    S1500
    You say Usenet and NE146 shows up like a retro Genie. Heh.
    Yesterday, 2:00 PM
  • Nuclear Pacman's Photo
    Nuclear Pacman
    Ha!
    Yesterday, 2:16 PM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    I once paid for an all-time membership at a non-binaries site. It didn't take long before the site was shut down. Not that I paid any significant amount of money, but it was annoying anyhow. The increasing amount of spam and trolls at the same time web forums were growing quickly made me quit looking for other Usenet providers.
    Yesterday, 3:31 PM
Photo

jaybird3rd

So apparently Disney, which already owns Lucasfilm, the Muppets, Pixar, ESPN, ABC television, half of A&E, 30% of Hulu, and who knows what else, is now acquiring 21st Century Fox. I guess it really is "a small world after all."
Yesterday, 9:22 AM
  • Jumpman1981's Photo
    Jumpman1981
    some day, every company name will say "A Disney Company" under it.
    Yesterday, 5:39 PM
  • Nathan Strum's Photo
    Nathan Strum
    But they don't own me!
    Yesterday, 5:46 PM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    Yet
    Yesterday, 5:53 PM
Photo

ValkerieSilk

Today's update comes preloaded with extra cowbell...
Yesterday, 8:46 AM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    It still needs more cowbell.
    Yesterday, 9:04 AM
  • ValkerieSilk's Photo
    ValkerieSilk
    If jaybird3 wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell...
    Yesterday, 10:39 AM
  • Random Terrain's Photo
    Random Terrain
    Stop killing cows to make bells! Save a cow, ring a doorbell.
    Yesterday, 11:24 AM
Photo

carlsson

Heard at work: "Never trust anyone but yourself". How true!
Yesterday, 7:34 AM
  • PacManPlus's Photo
    PacManPlus
    That is more true than you realize.
    Yesterday, 9:28 AM
  • Random Terrain's Photo
    Random Terrain
    I trust that the other guy will do his best to stay on his side of the road. Oops, just got killed by a texting moron. Never mind.
    Yesterday, 11:30 AM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    You can't even trust yourself anymore, at least 50% of the country can't.
    Yesterday, 4:19 PM