Community Status Updates

Photo

Random Terrain

I'm surprised she didn't toss in a "per se" or two or three: https://youtu.be/lj3iNxZ8Dww Related link: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/01/hey-its-per-se-not-per-say/
Today, 8:58 PM
Photo

Trekker_1138

I have a colonoscopy tomorrow, so I've been drinking GaviLyte-G for the past few hours. Ick, ugh.
Today, 8:25 PM
  • TheObscureGamer's Photo
    TheObscureGamer
    don't they have homemade tests that does not even require you to stick anything in your behind?
    Today, 8:42 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    Boy have I been there. Drinking gallons of water mixed with propylene glycol is easily the worst part of the procedure. It's the drink the Kool-Aid Man would give you if he hated you.
    Today, 8:44 PM
  • BigO's Photo
    BigO
    Yeah, that's what I got for turning 50. At least I have no memory whatsoever of the actual procedure.

The prep was bad enough.

At least my outcome was like "yeah, you won't need to do this again for 10 years."
    Today, 9:56 PM
Photo

Rev

Reserve GOSUB for Intellivision now!
Today, 7:59 PM
Photo

BassGuitari

Dear Minnesota Vikings: Please sign Tim Tebow. That would be too hilarious.
Today, 5:28 PM
  • Trekker_1138's Photo
    Trekker_1138
    That'd be ironic -- a Christian who's also a Viking!
    Today, 8:51 PM
Photo

roadrunner

Anthony Weiner deletes Twitter account after new sexting report
Today, 3:11 PM
  • NE146's Photo
    NE146
    How do I put pics on twitter??
    Today, 6:31 PM
  • CPUWIZ's Photo
    CPUWIZ
    Nobody cares about pictures of toothpicks.
    Today, 7:00 PM
  • 7800fan's Photo
    7800fan
    Weiner's wiener again??
    Today, 8:18 PM
Photo

Jess Ragan

http://kiblitzing.blogspot.com/2016/08/jerk-of-all-trades.html Something needed to be said, and it needed to be said a long time ago. MAME, you're morbidly bloated. This is an intervention.
Today, 2:02 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    Fortunately, you can still download older releases. I still use 0.74 (from late 2003); it seems to be faster and better-suited for older hardware.
    Today, 3:04 PM
  • MrMaddog's Photo
    MrMaddog
    And stop screwing with ROM sets in every update!! I have to always use an outdated version because site I got my ROMs from won't update to whatever is current...
    Today, 4:25 PM
  • Jess Ragan's Photo
    Jess Ragan
    It's telling that the RetroArch ports are based on the 2000-era release. I'm sorely tempted to switch to that and Final Burn Alpha.
    Today, 5:09 PM
Photo

Ransom

"Confucius say: Female - she is fickle!"
Today, 1:56 PM
  • jaybird3rd's Photo
    jaybird3rd
    Some things never change.
    Today, 3:38 PM
  • Tickled_Pink's Photo
    Tickled_Pink
    "Confusion say: Females - I'll never understand them."
    Today, 4:27 PM
  • BillyHW's Photo
    BillyHW
    Al Bundy say: Women, you can't live with 'em.
    Today, 4:34 PM
Photo

Jess Ragan

(kicks MAME) No, I don't want to use the onboard computer of a Soviet nuclear power station! I just want to play some fucking Joust! SHIT!
Today, 1:25 PM
Photo

VectorGamer

Click this link to see what I thought of Starpath's Frogger for the Atari 2600 https://youtu.be/dqpjM1BUo8w
Today, 12:47 PM
  • VectorGamer's Photo
    VectorGamer
    I gave it an A-...saved you a click
    Today, 12:48 PM
  • OldSchoolRetroGamer's Photo
    OldSchoolRetroGamer
    I was pretty impressed myself. Wish there were more games that took advantage of the extra power. I play the converted ones on my HARMONY.
    Today, 1:23 PM
Photo

Keatah

The Apple Store I was in felt oppressive, run-down, doomy and gloomy. Over minimalized to the point of being spartan.
Today, 12:39 PM
  • save2600's Photo
    save2600
    Sooo disappointing, the Apple of today. Some good specs out of their hardware, but crippled thanks to shitty software. It's the way of the world anymore. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
    Today, 1:37 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I went to the Apple store in our mall to ask what happened to Radio Shack (RIP) and we began a discussion about the COLECO shirt I was wearing...
    Today, 1:55 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Evidently someone in there the day before had told all the millennials what a COLECO ADAM was...Nice kids ...
    Today, 1:56 PM
Photo

pangasinan

Who is the Dan guy my kids are obsessed with ?
Today, 11:57 AM
  • Shawn's Photo
    Shawn
    Dan TDM? If so it's a Minecraft thing.
    Today, 1:51 PM
  • HoshiChiri's Photo
    HoshiChiri
    There's a lot of Dans on the Yotubes right now, you'll have to be more specific.
    Today, 3:54 PM
  • pangasinan's Photo
    pangasinan
    Shawn nailed it, it's Dan TDM.
    Today, 6:31 PM
Photo

pangasinan

How is the Dan guy my kids are obsessed with ?
Today, 11:57 AM
Photo

Bixler

Any thoughts on the Mayflash arcade stick? Just looking for something cheap that functions well for casual arcade play for my PS2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PHMFU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1ASNRAEDIC2KH
Today, 10:29 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    Never tried the Mayflash...My Favorite is the HORI Real Arcade Pro, but the HORI Fighting Stick is good too without spending a lot...
    Today, 12:47 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I may have spoke too soon...The sticks are Great, but I didn't see those Giant shipping fees when I glanced at it...(Sorry)
    Today, 12:57 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    You might check Ebay...
    Today, 1:04 PM
Photo

S1500

This status update is available for you to comment on.
Today, 9:25 AM
Photo

DracIsBack

I went to a Microsoft store the other day and the Microsoft employees didn't even know where the Windows Phones were in the store. Yikes.
Today, 9:19 AM
  • DracIsBack's Photo
    DracIsBack
    Kinda reminds me of how the Amiga and Atari ST owners felt when a sea of expensive Macs and generic PC clones seemed to be all you could buy.
    Today, 11:54 AM
  • MrMaddog's Photo
    MrMaddog
    Choice between outdated Win 8 phones or the more expensive Win 10 phones with hardly any apps? I'll take the cheap Android phone please...
    Today, 5:05 PM
  • DracIsBack's Photo
    DracIsBack
    All the OSes have things I like about them. I like the ideas. But as you note, without apps, it's pointless ...
    Today, 5:06 PM