Community Status Updates

Photo

Random Terrain

The fake word of the day is skimflipple. Skimflipple. S-k-i-m-f-l-i-p-p-l-e. https://www.google.com/search?q="skimflipple" Not to be confused with skimflibble. https://www.google.com/search?q="skimflibble"
Today, 9:49 AM
Photo

travistouchdown

In North America why aren't all these consoles "XXL" editions. NES the size of a VCR with a heated compartment where the cartridge slot was to keep cheeseburgers warm for you and your friends mid game snack.
Today, 8:33 AM
Photo

xucaen

I got laid off today. Wife's having surgery next week. Could not have come at a worse time.
Today, 8:26 AM
  • Bryan's Photo
    Bryan
    Man, sorry to hear it.
    Today, 8:27 AM
  • travistouchdown's Photo
    travistouchdown
    Very sorry to hear it. Was laid off about five weeks ago myself it sucks.
    Today, 8:29 AM
  • moycon's Photo
    moycon
    Sorry to see this news. Getting laid off sucks.

Today, 9:36 AM
Photo

Professor Gull

Ugh ok sorry Nintendo Fan boys but will this next mini be better supplied or yet another grab while you can to make others pay.
Today, 8:00 AM
  • Jin's Photo
    Jin
    My best guess is it will be a "show up 3 hours before the store opens on launch day or you're not getting one" situation. Nintendo has always said their consoles will be better supplied next time then they still end up being impossible to find at retail.
    Today, 8:03 AM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    Over here, most stores take preorders but this time they STRICTLY limit it to one per customer. It is almost like you risk a bullet to your head if you dare try to buy more than one Mini SNES.
    Today, 8:05 AM
  • Jinroh's Photo
    Jinroh
    I agree with Jin, on this one. I'll be going to the lowest population density store in my area where I was able to snag a Switch. And throw a few elbows if I need to. ;P
    Today, 8:17 AM
Photo

DracIsBack

My theory is that Apple extends their OS upgrades to devices one release longer than they should, in order to make the device so atrociously slow that people are 'encouraged' to upgrade.
Today, 7:30 AM
  • nanochess's Photo
    nanochess
    I think you're right.
    Today, 7:45 AM
  • StanJr's Photo
    StanJr
    That's exactly how they do it

Today, 8:23 AM
Photo

BitMerge6502

Mini console overload!
Today, 5:34 AM
  • Jinroh's Photo
    Jinroh
    I know right? Despite having multiples I'm planning on buying at least 2 this year. =_=
    Today, 7:10 AM
  • carlsson's Photo
    carlsson
    The world population grows every day without the planet getting any larger. We'll have to accept to live in smaller spaces, which is why these mini consoles are one step in the right direction. Now go burn all those old cartridges that take up valuable space.
    Today, 7:26 AM
  • Bryan's Photo
    Bryan
    Isn't this how the original game crash happened?
    Today, 7:31 AM
Photo

carlsson

Although it is nice to have a fan right behind my neck at the office, it is not entirely smart to place the printer just in front of the fan. Papers everywhere!
Today, 3:56 AM
Photo
Photo
  • icemanxp300's Photo
    icemanxp300
    Lets make this guy famous. See how many people block him.
    Today, 12:31 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    That sucks, but try not to lose any sleep over some anal dickbastard on ebay. I got lying negative feedback myself once.
    Today, 2:19 AM
Photo

BillyHW

Remember how like for a few years we had to put "HD" in the name of everything that was HD?
Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    I remember it well! Then again I was in broadcasting (Master Control). I can remember when DISH only had 1 HD Pay Per View!
    Today, 2:22 AM
  • GoldLeader's Photo
    GoldLeader
    yeah Russell, remember shows like
    Bewitched and Gilligan's Island might be color or black & white episodes?
    Today, 2:28 AM
  • Bryan's Photo
    Bryan
    HD radio is one of the biggest offenders. It stands for Hybrid Digital but still cashes in on the craze.
    Today, 8:02 AM
Photo

Jess Ragan

I just downloaded Galaga for the Playstation 4. It's just Galaga, albeit in a stylish wrapper. The game was 786 megs. The arcade original was 22K. What the hell, Namco? No wonder the download took forever.
Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Photo

AtariBrian

Ghoul Patrol for the Snes , is it good ??
Yesterday, 9:44 PM
  • icemanxp300's Photo
    icemanxp300
    yeah it's actually a pretty decent game. I played mine a bit before I sold it lol
    Yesterday, 9:48 PM
Photo

Bryan

I have a 400 whose 6502 CPU is marked C014337. Don't know if I've seen that number before.
Yesterday, 8:43 PM
Photo

nanochess

Just finished first beta of Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe for Sega Master System :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ay6SnARo7s
Yesterday, 8:11 PM
  • Jinroh's Photo
    Jinroh
    Great job! That's a beauty! I'll keep my eye out the for the release. :D Buttery smooth.

I enjoy coding the Game Gear/SMS and you're making me wanna twiddle some bits.
    Today, 7:19 AM
  • nanochess's Photo
    nanochess
    @masschamber It's emulation. @kiwi thanks!. @jinroh took a lot of effort!.
    Today, 7:47 AM
  • Jinroh's Photo
    Jinroh
    It shows! Very awesome. :D
    Today, 7:52 AM
Photo