IGNORED

Phantom/Pirate

sandmountainslim

This is a very good game. I played it for a month straight then decided I got as far as I could and sold it. This was a bad decision, I keep reaching for it to play and then I remember it's gone. Seems like my brain can't register the fact that it's gone. I will have to buy another copy now so at least I will help sales of the cart :)

My advice - Don't sell your homebrews, just shelf them for a while and play them again later. Unless it's a really bad game then sell it, just don't sell the good ones when you get a little tired of them....

Any new news out their on a possible Pirate II or Pirate Deluxe in cart form?

WP

I'm currently working on a big (time consuming) project and a small (hopefully quick) project. When I finish the small one I might look into starting work on Pirate II. I have some ideas, but is there anything specific you guys would like to see in a sequel?

• Like 1

Any new news out their on a possible Pirate II or Pirate Deluxe in cart form?

WP

I'm currently working on a big (time consuming) project and a small (hopefully quick) project. When I finish the small one I might look into starting work on Pirate II. I have some ideas, but is there anything specific you guys would like to see in a sequel?

Hello!

I guess the major thing that I'd recommend adding to would be the longevity factor. And, there's fun ways to do that.

Let's say that you add a level counter.

Keep the first 5 levels the same-- as the current game.

The next 5 levels are like Pirate "Special Edition", where it's a little harder, and touching LeDuc has big consequences.

The next 5 levels have one more snake on the grid.

The next 5 levels introduce a new item... but the item is undocumented in the instructions. You have to figure out what to do with it. Let's say that it's "special gloves" that you need in order to pick up the shovel. So, now there's another level to the game. Without the gloves, you can get the shovel, but if you use it, you could get hurt. So, get the shovel? Or, get the gloves first? Decisions, decisions...

After that, the next 5 levels would introduce poisonous flowers that look the same as the regular ones, and you need to put on "glasses" beforehand to see if the flower is good or poisonous. No glasses = well, you take a risk.

In later levels, you could always introduce more snakes, flowers, and priesteses, to make it truly challenging. If I had to fight 5 priestesses and 20 snakes to search, and there were 6 flowers outside, I'd have to do some planning for my path. And, of course, LeDuc could get harder each time, too. It would be interesting if you could store up some health in later levels to do some planning for future difficulties. And, way at the end, what would be way-cool is if there's a "final" battle with LeDuc. Yeah, that would be truly a "wow" moment. I can see it now-- I'm on level 70, and a BIG LeDuc is on the screen. All I have is 2 hit points, and a lousy shovel. Oh yeah!

What I like about Pirate the most is that there is risk involved sometime. With regard to my "poison flower" remark, that would probably add to the game, and keep the same sort of feel. If you're really low on health, do you want to potentially run into LeDuc while looking for the "glasses", who could take a hit point from you? Or, do you take your chances with the flower, hoping that it is safe? Things like that make the choices in the game interesting (especially when you choose poorly, swear, and then move in on the reset button for one more try).

I'd be the first in line. Heck, maybe I already am. :)

- John

• Like 1

• 10 years later...