IGNORED

PS3 spottings

Gregory DG

Ok, where have you seen stacks and stacks of PS3? I'm amazed they're not in demand... Well, I guess the high price scared a lot of people away.

Anyway, I was at Toys R Us tonight and counted the little paper slips they had for the 60 gig PS3... 18. Yes, 18 systems at my local TRU. Where have you seen tons of PS3's?

You know, people keep saying they can find them anywhere, but I go into at least one game shop as well as at least one department store almost every time I leave my house and I still haven't seen a single honest-to-god PlayStation 3 for sale *anywhere*. I live just outside of NYC.

I have been to three GameStops, a Target, a Best Buy, a Wal-Mart and a Circuit City in just the past week. Nothing. Maybe they actually have them and are just keeping them in the back, but that doesn't suggest slack demand to me. No store I have been in has them out on the floor. Not one.

Every place know to sell them, with atleast 4 units available. Why are suprised? Theres only 1 game worth owning, it's $600 bones and only one or two other decent games in the next month. Who would want one right now? The ebay scalpers already had thier fun....

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Right now there just aren't enough games to make the system worth owning. Once the 'must have' games start hitting the system, sales will pick up. I know I'm not going to get one until FF XIII comes out, or something similar.

The Best Buy by me has at least 4 in stock (they're locked up so you don't notice them right away) and the Gamestop has 2. They actually posted a sign on the door saying that people should grab them now before they're sold out (yeah right).

Tempest

Saw both versions of the PS3 at the local Zellers store... I was looking for PSP games though so I never asked how many etc.

It took a while but now I can say I've seen one on the shelf.

As for the Wii's... some sort of marketing has really got parents out looking for them. It's kind of scary. Yesterday there was a husband and wife going ape over finally finding a nunchuck controller (which I've never seen before on the shelf). The parents were pleased with their find. When will it die down? Perhaps in the next couple months when the releases are sparse... then again, who knows.

I saw one when I went to Target to pick up Viva Pinata. Haven't seen any others because I ordered an N64 DD off ebay soon after and have to finish paying it off, even though it was a B-day present from my folks.

If they looked as hard for Wiis as they did PS3s, they'd own several already. :lol:

I've seen 1 report of someone seeing tons of Wiis, and plenty of people seeing tons of PS3s.

During my outings this week I noticed the local TRU had a sign up saying they had some PS3's. I was too lazy to ask how many, all they have is display boxes. The hide 'em in the back.

At best buy there were 9 of them sitting on the floor. Didn't bother to see how many were 20 vs 60 gig. Not a single wii in site (the reason I was out and about).

Last time I was in my local Futureshop (last weekend) they had about a dozen PS3's out around a column in the aisle. In addition, on my last two visits to the Real Canadian Superstore (once just before Christmas and once just after New Year) they had about half a dozen or so machine sitting behind the counter in their electronics department.