IGNORED

Cash, Guns, Chaos

Gabriel

Any thoughts on this one?

I downloaded the demo. Its more or less a Smash TV clone. I'm not too fond of the graphical style, and I hate the music. The game is OK though. I dunno if I'd pay $10 for it, especially when Blast Factor (as well as the overcrowded omni-blaster genre on the 360) is so much better.

I downloaded it a while ago. It blows. It's a very bad Smash TV ripoff.

If you crave abuse, go and buy a cheesegrater and start rubbing yourself with it. It'll be cheaper and more fun.

Nah. I doubt it.

For the sake of discussion, what points did you find so horrible? Personally, the gameplay mechanic I didn't like was having to meet a cash target, and then having to survive an extended period of time to complete the level. While I liked the bloody goo everywhere, the guts remaining on the battlefield sometimes obscured enemies.

For the sake of discussion, what points did you find so horrible?

The cash target thing is stupid, as is the end of level shootout. The game setup is horrible with the scrolling playfield and the overly zoomed in view. It's too easy, and mindlessly monotonous. The theming is stupid as well. There is zero sense of accomplishment.

They took Smash TV (a great ole game) and sucked all the cheesy fun and thrills out of it.

Well, the thing which convinced me to delete the demo and not even bother with it anymore was the game's obnoxious "music". I crank my TV's volume up for movies, because I need to to hear them. However, games are MUCH louder, so I have to reduce the volume to play. Normally, this isn't too much trouble. I turn the system on, put the disc I want in, and then adjust the volume at my leisure. The kink in this plan is the PS3's game preview feature, which throws up a game title screen and cranks out theme music of the game. Normally, event his isn't too bad, but for Cash Guns & Chaos they must have cranked that part up EXTRA GODDAMN LOUD.

After having that shit blare into my ears twice (once when trying out Valkyrie Profile 2, and the other time when trying out Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI), I decided enough was enough and the game wasn't worth even giving another chance. All because of that crappy yelling shit.