IGNORED

What's your favorite "Pokémon" game?

Rhindle The Red

What's your favorite "Pokémon" game?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite "Pokémon" game?

• Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
    • Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    • Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    • Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen
    • Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
    • I can't choose one.
    • I never played any of them.
    • I don't like any of them.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just for everyone's information, I only included the titles I did because they are considered the core titles. If I expanded it, where do you draw the line? I know a lot of people like XD, but it isn't a proper Pokemon title, but part of the "Stadium"/"Colliseum" subseries. Pokemon Ranger is arguably closer, but I didn't count that, either.

And I'll chime in and say that if you like RPGs and you've never played a Pokemon game, you're missing out. I voted Red/Blue/Yellow, btw, because of Yellow and the Pikachu that follows you around. Something I'm surprised they haven't repeated.

Actually XD is an RPG!

it has some 'play your portable on the big screen' features, but it is a fully developed plot driven RPG, it's not FF XII by a streach, but it is a real RPG!

I never liked poke'mon! I Try to say away from poke'mon/RPG type games. I hate having to go by commands. Will you : A. RUN AWAY B. ATTACK C. USE MAGIC. Hell with that i want action and not on command.

I will never understand why RPG's are as big as they are. I don't mind something cool like CASTLEVANIA. But the average RPG is just too boring IMO. Im just too old school i guess.

I would have thought by now the poke'mon craze would have been over. But they keep making more stuff. Whats with the different colors: yellow, blue, silver etc. I don't get that.

Anyway not tring to put anyones favorite game series down. But im with the other voters Who say: I never liked poke'mon. Or never played it!

I picked up Pokemon Yellow just to see what all the fuss was about but I couldn't get into it. I just foresaw a lot of walk around and talk to people->battle->collect pokemon->walk around s'more->battle->collect more pokemon->ad nauseum

Does that pretty much sum it up or is there something I'm missing?

Actually XD is an RPG!

Yes, but not one of the core titles. It's not a knock on XD, it just isn't.

I never liked poke'mon! I Try to say away from poke'mon/RPG type games. I hate having to go by commands. Will you : A. RUN AWAY B. ATTACK C. USE MAGIC. Hell with that i want action and not on command.

I will never understand why RPG's are as big as they are. I don't mind something cool like CASTLEVANIA. But the average RPG is just too boring IMO. Im just too old school i guess.

I would have thought by now the poke'mon craze would have been over. But they keep making more stuff. Whats with the different colors: yellow, blue, silver etc. I don't get that.

Anyway not tring to put anyones favorite game series down. But im with the other voters Who say: I never liked poke'mon. Or never played it!

Castlevania is not an RPG by any stretch and RPGs are about as "old school" as you can get. Early games tended towards RPGs because action was too difficult to create. RPGs have been popular since the days of the original Ultima (1980). There are a lot of people who don't like RPGs, but those that do tend to like Pokemon if they give it a try. The different colors reperesent the different iterations of the game, like Final Fantasy I,II,III... Within those iterations are the associated game (Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal) which follow the same basic plot, but differe in specifics, such as which Pokemon you can catch throughout the game.

I picked up Pokemon Yellow just to see what all the fuss was about but I couldn't get into it. I just foresaw a lot of walk around and talk to people->battle->collect pokemon->walk around s'more->battle->collect more pokemon->ad nauseum

Well, that pretty much sums up any standard RPG (walk around, talk to people, gain powers/weapons/spells/Pokemon, repeat). Do you like any RPGs?

Well, that pretty much sums up any standard RPG (walk around, talk to people, gain powers/weapons/spells/Pokemon, repeat). Do you like any RPGs?

Yeah, definitely (although I don't have the time to immerse myself like I did back in the day). I've invested plenty of time in Dragon Warrior, Phantasy Star II, Super Hydlide, Chrono Trigger, FFVII, Chrono Cross, and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Having played those, I've "been there, done that" and was just wondering if the Pokemon games offer something that sets them apart from everything else.

• 2 weeks later...