IGNORED

The Making of Imagic - great classic TV episode

Mindfield

Thanks for sharing the video. That was really cool to watch......especially knowing what happened to them not long afterwards.

Yeah, that's the only bittersweet bit about watching -- knowing how the rest of the story unfolded after the credits rolled. Still, it's flat-out amazing how quickly these company climbed to the top of the ladder. The repeated upward revision of sales projections from $15m, $30m, $50m -- all in less than a year, is astonishing, and a testament both to the video game business climate of the day and to Imagic's vision and quality games.

I feel like the world's biggest nerd for immediately recognizing Alan Parsons Project's "I Robot" playing during the factory assembly scene.

Man it would be cool to have one of those dev stations that the guy was programming the game on.

Chris

Wow. I mean, I know it's still technically copyrighted material, but I'm still a little surprised they nuked it.

I'll see about uploading it elsewhere, or possibly even set up a temporary FTP.

If you do, I will sue. :mad:

Not.

How are we supposed to see this stuff if people don't post it illegally? I don't believe anyone is selling it, so you can't get it that way.

since people bitch about rapidshare alot i tried maegaupload, so lets see what people bitch about now

Megaupload Atlantis

all 3 .FLV files in WINRAR

enjoy :D

edit - 65mb

Dont know why "Making of Atlantis "was taken off,theres TONS of documentarys about classic gaming on youtube that are still there after years,and no,they're not uploaded by the original makers either,these are documentarys from real tv specials,to bad it was taken down.I,m just glad i downloaded all 3,before they were taken off,i have them on cd-rom and play them with "videoLAN"

Edited by Rik

How are we supposed to see this stuff if people don't post it illegally? I don't believe anyone is selling it, so you can't get it that way.

Don't be crazy, RandomTerrain... that would make sense!!! We can't have something as crazy as making sense in our intellectual property laws!

Thanks,

Mike

since people bitch about rapidshare alot i tried maegaupload, so lets see what people bitch about now

Megaupload Atlantis

all 3 .FLV files in WINRAR

enjoy :D

edit - 65mb

Thanks Lemmi. I enjoyed watching these clips on Youtube. A few days later I wanted to show my girlfriend but they had been removed. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Double thanks, pretty cool doc on early video gaming. Anyone recall how many hits the YouTube video had before

it was taken off? I wonder if the administrators have a system that flags movies for content after a certain number

of hits...

Who uploaded it? After all the crazy, ancient and obscure stuff I have found on YT I wonder who the folks are that

upload it? Its one thing to have stuff on some dusty VHS tapes but another to digitize and upload.

Double thanks, pretty cool doc on early video gaming. Anyone recall how many hits the YouTube video had before

it was taken off? I wonder if the administrators have a system that flags movies for content after a certain number

of hits...

They do, but it's used for ranking, not potential copyright infringement. No idea on the number of hits. I did try and take note of who uploaded it (in the event that they might be someone close to the video or its subjects) but I can't for the life of me remember the username anymore. I probably should have asked the guy if he's the one that capped it, and if so, whether he had a better quality copy he could share privately.

I did try and take note of who uploaded it (in the event that they might be someone close to the video or its subjects) but I can't for the life of me remember the username anymore. I probably should have asked the guy if he's the one that capped it, and if so, whether he had a better quality copy he could share privately.

The user was fraziergorge according to this page and this page.