IGNORED

Phil Harrison: We are under no pressure to drop the price of the PS3

Cheese007

Ok....on the topic of rumble in the PS3 controller.... I think it was a mistake to leave rumble out.

I'm not sad to see it go. I'm glad it's gone. Worthless gimmick anyway.

I'm glad rumble is gone. In most games it was just annoying. Now I don't have to hunt through the option menu just to turn it off. :P

I read somewhere recently (EGM or IGN, not 100% sure) that the PS3 sold more units in its first 2 months than the PS1 or PS2 did in thier first 2 months.

Is the PS3 really doing that bad?

The number and quality of PS3 launch titles seem to be on par with other systems.

Yeah it seemed Sony had supply problems the first month or two, but you can find one in the stores now. I read some comments on this board where people almost imply that being able to get one is a bad thing. I do not understand that attitude. Having a hot product creates good press for a while, but there is no excuse for short supplies 3-4 months after the launch. The availability of Xbox 360 systems was pitiful for the first 4-5 months, and Nintendo seems as equally inept at meeting demand.

The PS3 launched with online capabilities on day one. The online service is not as nice as Xbox live, but it sure is cheaper (free!). I prefer Live over the Playstation Network, but both are miles ahead of Nintendo. (Three and a half months after the launch and still no online games???? Wii Sports or Excite Truck would be ideal games to play online.)

The games available on the Playstation Store are ok. My biggest complaint would be that the PS1 games for PSP can only be played on the PSP. They should also be playable on the PS3. It seems they are following the Xbox Live model of offering a mix of original titles and some classic games. I have a few classic games on Xbox Live, but the majority of my purchases have been original titles. Every game available should have a demo version to try before you buy though.

Does the PS3 have room for improvement? Absolutely. For the most part I am happy with my PS3 thusfar.

I read somewhere recently (EGM or IGN, not 100% sure) that video game manufacturers pay people to post propaganda on internet message boards.

:D

Chris

P.S. I'm just messing with you, man.

I read somewhere recently (EGM or IGN, not 100% sure) that the PS3 sold more units in its first 2 months than the PS1 or PS2 did in thier first 2 months.

Is the PS3 really doing that bad?

The number and quality of PS3 launch titles seem to be on par with other systems.

Yeah it seemed Sony had supply problems the first month or two, but you can find one in the stores now. I read some comments on this board where people almost imply that being able to get one is a bad thing. I do not understand that attitude. Having a hot product creates good press for a while, but there is no excuse for short supplies 3-4 months after the launch. The availability of Xbox 360 systems was pitiful for the first 4-5 months, and Nintendo seems as equally inept at meeting demand.

The PS3 launched with online capabilities on day one. The online service is not as nice as Xbox live, but it sure is cheaper (free!). I prefer Live over the Playstation Network, but both are miles ahead of Nintendo. (Three and a half months after the launch and still no online games???? Wii Sports or Excite Truck would be ideal games to play online.)

The games available on the Playstation Store are ok. My biggest complaint would be that the PS1 games for PSP can only be played on the PSP. They should also be playable on the PS3. It seems they are following the Xbox Live model of offering a mix of original titles and some classic games. I have a few classic games on Xbox Live, but the majority of my purchases have been original titles. Every game available should have a demo version to try before you buy though.

Does the PS3 have room for improvement? Absolutely. For the most part I am happy with my PS3 thusfar.

I read somewhere recently (EGM or IGN, not 100% sure) that video game manufacturers pay people to post propaganda on internet message boards.

:D

Chris

P.S. I'm just messing with you, man.

That comment was sooo last gen.

j/k

:rolling:

There's a PS3 shortage? Maybe those 50 PS3s Alfred saw at Fry's were holograms planted by Nintendo to make people think the PS3 is selling poorly. :ponder:

At some point before I left Austin Fry's had given up on their attempt to only sell the PS3 in a $1,000 bundle. The last time I was there (a bit over a month ago) they still had a ton of PS3's in their electronics cage, and I bet most of those were from before Christmas. I love Sony's spin saying there's a shortage of PS3s. Pretty ludicrous when I've seen them in just about every electronics and game store I've been in, in two different states (Texas and Ohio) since Christmas.

..Al

"I'm glad rumble is gone. In most games it was just annoying. Now I don't have to hunt through the option menu just to turn it off."

With my favorite PS2 controller I opened it up, gave each plastic part a good cleaning, and simply removed the rumble motors from the motherboard before I reassembled the joypad. Feels better without all of the extra weight.

I'm glad rumble is gone. I never liked it and I always turn the annoying thing off. R.A.Rusk has a great idea, removing it altogether.

The new motion thing is pretty lame too. Talk about a disaster with the controller.

Harrison sounds like Sony marketing puppet. I never heard such ignorance, not since the stubborn Nintendo dark ages of the N64 era.....

:ponder:

Thank god Nintendo finally woke up.

I personally like rumble and it works very well with the Wii remote. For instance, as you use the remote to navigate the console's UI, you feel a slight "bump" as you move over buttons you can interact with. Pretty slick. If done well, rumble adds another useful element to gameplay. If done poorly, well, just turn it off. :)

..Al

Sony needs to face the music. I think they did well with the PS2, one of my favorite all-around systems. The PS3 needs to reinvent itself, drop in price, or at least make some killer games. Sony PR is making them look even more stupid. The company needs to face the facts that the competition has caught up with them finally, and that they got caught with their pants down. Sony, your days at being #1 are limited.

Sony needs to face the music. I think they did well with the PS2, one of my favorite all-around systems. The PS3 needs to reinvent itself, drop in price, or at least make some killer games. Sony PR is making them look even more stupid. The company needs to face the facts that the competition has caught up with them finally, and that they got caught with their pants down. Sony, your days at being #1 are limited.

I'd probably get a PS3 if it was only $300 for the 60GB model. Seeing as that's probably not going to happen until the PS4 comes out, looks like I won't have a PS3 for some time. I'll probably get an Xbox 360 before I get a PS3, which coming from me is a big deal since I really don't like Microsoft.

..Al