IGNORED

My Unique Game Room Item

Rocko

I got it from a friend who's a manager at gamestop.  I believe it is related to the NES Classics on GBA.  It does have a sticky back also, but its more like a thin vinyl paper.
Vinyl.. Plastic. Same thing. Yeah, my Wario is like that. Damn the Nintendo Rep for not putting one in our section. I wonder if there were other characters? A pixellated Link and a Mario would rock.

I have that same paper "Pikmin and Smash Bros" long advertisement. Funny they were the two games I got when I got my Cube.

I LOVE the huge poster for "Who are You?" and the WaveBird. I wish I had that Mario lunch box. A kid in school had one of those back in the day.

You have your MegaMan shirt still wrapped. What's the one under it? I have a K-Mart exclusive "Player" shirt that I snagged and I'm wearing it right now.

I want that kick-ass Game Boy Color kiosk.

I wish I had as much Nintendo memorabilia as you.

I got it from a friend who's a manager at gamestop.  I believe it is related to the NES Classics on GBA.  It does have a sticky back also, but its more like a thin vinyl paper.
Vinyl.. Plastic. Same thing. Yeah, my Wario is like that. Damn the Nintendo Rep for not putting one in our section. I wonder if there were other characters? A pixellated Link and a Mario would rock.

I have that same paper "Pikmin and Smash Bros" long advertisement. Funny they were the two games I got when I got my Cube.

I LOVE the huge poster for "Who are You?" and the WaveBird. I wish I had that Mario lunch box. A kid in school had one of those back in the day.

You have your MegaMan shirt still wrapped. What's the one under it? I have a K-Mart exclusive "Player" shirt that I snagged and I'm wearing it right now.

I want that kick-ass Game Boy Color kiosk.

I wish I had as much Nintendo memorabilia as you.

When you said stiff plastic, I thought you were talking about the real thick stuff. They actually do have a Zelda one...its the pose where he's holding the triforce...unfortunately its really small, like 3 inch by 3 inch.

Anyway, the shirt under the megaman one is the Zelda Swordplay shirt that was a preorder for Four Swords. The other shirt there is another zelda one, but from Oot.

I actually had that lunchbox when I was a kid, but it was throw out by the parents...had to buy it back.

Those posters were a steal I got from ebay. They are for those big light boxes you see in malls. I think I got both of them $15. I got a couple others but gave them to my cousin.

Hey.l..

Since I can't edit this into my old post I'm making a new one.

About a week ago I came home determined.... determined to move the 25 inch RCA colortrak 2000 console TV from the Den, where it wasn't being used, to my room.... upstairs. Anyway, with me pulling on the dolly and my sister and mother pushing from below, we managed to get the TV up the stairs. :D

DSCN0193.jpg

By the way, thats one of the CC2 spairs in the 7800. :D

And yes.... my score does suck.

Edited by SuperPsycho

My TV is a more recent 23" ColorTrak Plus. For some reason, I just love RCA TV's.

It's so weird thinking how even Electronics used to be made from wood back then. I love old technology. Our family, way back in the 80's, we had a huge record player stereo. It was huge. Like 6 feet long. But over time it disappeared. I queried my parents about it one day, turns out it died and we tossed it. Sad.. I'd love to have that now.

My TV is a more recent 23" ColorTrak Plus. For some reason, I just love RCA TV's.

It's so weird thinking how even Electronics used to be made from wood back then. I love old technology. Our family, way back in the 80's, we had a huge record player stereo. It was huge. Like 6 feet long. But over time it disappeared. I queried my parents about it one day, turns out it died and we tossed it. Sad.. I'd love to have that now.

Yeah, you coulda gotten that fixed and it would have been sweet.

Yeah, you coulda gotten that fixed and it would have been sweet.

Yeah, it was a huge wooden thing. It must have died when it was expensive ot fox those things. I'd love to get a look at that thing now. I can picture it out front on trash day. :sad:

My grandma has one of those record players in her basement. Its HUGE,

which is why havn't taken it... yet :D Everything still works, its basically

a desk sized all in one radio and record player with storage compartments

for LPs. I should take a closer look at the insides some time, I wonder if

it uses tubes.

My grandma has one of those record players in her basement. Its HUGE,

which is why havn't taken it... yet :D Everything still works, its basically

a desk sized all in one radio and record player with storage compartments

for LPs. I should take a closer look at the insides some time, I wonder if

it uses tubes.

Sounds like what we had. I really wish I could have it now. I too wonder if there were tubes inside. Take some pictures of it and I can see if it looks familiar. ;) It's been over 20 years. And if it weren't for the Christmas morning we were playing "Grandma Got Run Over" on it, I probably would have phased it out of my memory as that's the first and only time I actually acknowledged it existed in the house.

Both rooms in one thread. I just cut/pasted the post from DP, so you dual-citizens may feel some deja vu in 3... 2... 1...

This weekend I took some extra time and got my game rooms back up to snuff. Here are some pictures I took while everything was clean!

(picture removed)

The rear of my upstairs game room houses my CD collection. Here I am posing with L.A. Guns, Motley Crue, Quiet Riot and Poison.

02_screen.jpg

Looking over the futon you can see my game shelves to the right, and my theater screen hanging on the wall. The picture looks really great in person, but shows up terrible in pictures (especially ones using a flash).

03_games.jpg

This is my little shelf of games that sits next to my futon. Most of my Genesis, Intellivision, and Atari games are here, as well as whatever odds and ends I've picked up recently that are waiting to be filed. All my nextgen games are inside the closet, yet to be displayed.

04_shelves1.jpg

The shelves on the left contain systems that are not currently hooked up (but can be in minutes). The top shelf contains all my TV joystick games and my commonly used controllers. The next shelf down contains an Atari 2600, a SNES (w/UFO copier), and two NES units (each with Advantage joysticks). The next shelf contains an Atari 5200, an Atari 800 computer, and my Odyssey II. The bottom shelf houses boxes which have no where else to sit at the moment.

Everything on these shelves is connected and ready to go. The top shelf contains my Pelican switch box, my old PSX, and my Gamecube. The next shelf houses my PS2, XBox, and Genesis (3). The next shelf holds my Dreamcast and my Amiga CD32. The bottom shelf holds another SNES (w/Super Wildcard Copier) and my N64 (w/Z64 Copier).

06_table.jpg

This is my coffee table, aka the foot rest. Now hooked up (but unhooked during the photo!) are my Intellivision, Atari 2600, and Atari Stunt Cycle. In the background you can see my stereo cabinet and my beanbags.

07_spares.jpg

Everybody needs a collection of spare consoles and controllers -- you never know when something's going to go bad! Here are some of my spare Dreamcasts, Sega Gennies, and Atari 2600's. Santa Yoda guards this half of the computer nook.

08_spares.jpg

Regular Yoda guards the other half, which contains extra cables and computer odds and ends.

09_room.jpg

This is a picture taken from my computer nook, looking backwards.

(picture removed)

Here is a close up shot of the boxes under my shelves -- the top box is a Duo Turbo (Genesis wireless controllers), a Dreamcast keyboard, a C64, a Sega Genesis, and a C64C (thanks Maxlords!).

(picture removed)

My second gameroom lives in this building.

11_arcade.jpg

This is the entrance to my second game room, the arcade. To the right you can see my arcade game collection. On the left is my air hockey table, my bar area, and two more games.

12_arcade2.jpg

A better shot of the left hand side of the room.

13_games.jpg

Here are the games on the right hand side. The orange cabinet is my MAME'd Donkey Kong Jr. Cabinet. Following that is Rampage World Tour, Street Fighter vs. Capcom, Neo Geo (dual slot), English Mark Darts, Bucky O'Hare, Neo Geo (single slot), Aerofighters, Road Riot 4WD, Heavy Barrel and finally Shinobi. The two games to my back are Rampart and Robocop. Karate Champ, X-Men (4 player), Vs. Super Mario Brothers and Vs. Excitebike haven't made it into the room yet.

(picture removed)

On the bar area I have my Neo slot machine, a microwave, and a small fridge. You can tell it's the bar area because I have a small neon sign that reads, "BAR".

(picture removed)

In the rear of the room you can see my gumball machine. On top of the loft I have a computer which shows 80's music videos, 24 hours a day (except in this picture, it was playing Aerosmith). I also have lots of 80's MP3's on the computer as well for when we're out gaming. The computer runs off of a 120 gig hard drive I bought from nesuser2.

Click HERE to see a (badly stitched) panoramic view of my games.

In my garage right now I have Gauntlet II, Karate Champ, X-Men (4 Player), Roadblasters, and a few other games waiting to make the move from garage to gameroom.

EDIT: The new forum software limited the amount of pictures you can put in a single thread, so for pictures of my arcade check out http://www.robohara.com/videogames .

Edited by Flack

Alright, this is important.

PLEASE STOP WRAPPING YOUR CORDS AROUND YOUR CONTROLLERS.

You're fucking them up by doing that. Too many controllers I find have broken insulation and even broken wires at the base of the cords because people wrap them around the controllers. You greatly fatigue the first half-inch of the cord when you do this. Doing it repeatedly will cause catastrophic damage. I had to fix someone's DS2 because they kept doing that until they severed one of the wires. That controller is too new to exhibit that kind of damage already. =_=

Proper method! You can even do this with the stupid-wide SNES controller plugs. Take your controller, straighten out the cord to make sure it's not twisted. Grab the cord where it comes out of the controller. The bottom of your fist should almost be touching the controller, you can increase the gap it you wish. The rest of the cord should be coming out of the top of your fist. Wrap the cord around your hand, opening it upon the first pass. You're not trying to tie your hand up. Alternate sides as you wrap. Not too tightly, you just want even loops. When you have two feet or so of cord left, squeeze the loop together so you can bind it. Start wrapping the rest of the cord around the loops, binding them. Start at the forward end and loop to the posterior end to cover your binding segment as you go. When you have about 6 inches left, pull the binding coil down a bit, and push the plug end of the cord through the gap you just made bigger. Secure it, and push the binding coil up the loops to its original position, and check to make sure your wrapping is secure. It only seems complex.

Why do this? Because you won't break your damn cord by doing this repeatedly, and you don't end up with a ball-shaped mess when you're done. Makes it much easier to store many controllers and cables. The only better way is to forgo the loop-binding part and just bind your loops with a wide rubber band or two, but that requires additional materials.

End result:

post-2228-1095081512_thumb.jpg