IGNORED

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Dutchman2000

Here is the ROM for the 2600 version of Rocky and Bullwinkle as released by Digital Press. The original ROM on the site was 8.25k and would not work on emulators. I shaved it down to 4k and it works just fine on Stella and Z26.

rockbull.bin

Edited by Dutchman2000

Here is the ROM for the 2600 version of Rocky and Bullwinkle as released by Digital Press. They said it does not work with emulators but does with the Cuttle Cart.

Hmm... I was told by the person who gave me to the rom many years ago NOT to release it. I guess either they got it from another source or they got permission. The rom I have works just fine on an emulator (where do you think I got the screenshots?).

Tempest

Thanks!!

Z26 and Stella seem to read this as a Starpath rom ??? I was not able to get it to work. If it's a valid dump my guess is the Stella Team can get Stella to work with it (Fingers Crossed)

JL

It works with Stella if you use 8k UA Ltd as the type. Z26 should work the same way.

Many Thanks. That did the trick.

I totally forgot you have to start the game then hit tab to change individual game options. As game properties from the options menu is "grayed" out.

It works with Stella if you use 8k UA Ltd as the type. Z26 should work the same way.

ROMs that are sized 8448 bytes are normally Supercharger ROMs. I don't know of any other ROM that has that size and isn't that type. Are you sure this is a valid dump, and that some data can't be 'shaved off'.

In any event, it's easy enough for me to add this to the internal Stella database, so it will automatically work.

Edit: I just tried it with Stella and forced the ROM type to '4K', and it worked fine. So I'm thinking this is actually a 4K ROM, even though it isn't 4096 bytes. The built-in properties for the other dump is also preset to '4K', and I willing to bet that anyone who has both ROMs will see that the first 4096 bytes are the same in both dumps. I'm not sure if the remaining data is garbage, or this is actually a new ROM type that Stella doesn't know how to deal with.

Edited by stephena

ROMs that are sized 8448 bytes are normally Supercharger ROMs. I don't know of any other ROM that has that size and isn't that type. Are you sure this is a valid dump, and that some data can't be 'shaved off'.

In any event, it's easy enough for me to add this to the internal Stella database, so it will automatically work.

Edit: I just tried it with Stella and forced the ROM type to '4K', and it worked fine. So I'm thinking this is actually a 4K ROM, even though it isn't 4096 bytes. The built-in properties for the other dump is also preset to '4K', and I willing to bet that anyone who has both ROMs will see that the first 4096 bytes are the same in both dumps. I'm not sure if the remaining data is garbage, or this is actually a new ROM type that Stella doesn't know how to deal with.

According to Digital Press this dump came from Worship the Woodgrain CD #3. Which explains the Supercharger characteristics. My guess is that data can be shaved off?

"In any event, it's easy enough for me to add this to the internal Stella database, so it will automatically work."

That would be great!!

Here is the ROM for the 2600 version of Rocky and Bullwinkle as released by Digital Press. They said it does not work with emulators but does with the Cuttle Cart.

Hmm... I was told by the person who gave me to the rom many years ago NOT to release it. I guess either they got it from another source or they got permission. The rom I have works just fine on an emulator (where do you think I got the screenshots?).

Tempest

It appears someone else got the ROM another way and let the cat outta the bag.

Very cool! I never thought this would see the light of day. Really nice graphics and music that captures the feel of the cartoons very well (although Rocky shouldn't be brown).

Now then... if those Pink Panther and Charlie Brown protos would just re-surface... :)

Tempest

Well there had been rumors that it was already out there, but I had never seen it. Guess it really was.

Tempest

Tempest

Well there had been rumors that it was already out there, but I had never seen it. Guess it really was.

Tempest

Not from me, unless you leaked it.

Tempest

Tempest

Not from me, unless you leaked it.

Not I. But someone in past came to me and said they had gotten it off a site somewhere, so I guess it WAS out there but hard to find.

Tempest

I shaved it down to 4k and it works fine.

Well, I'm going to wait and see if Al adds this to AtariAge, and what ROM he uses. Then I'll add *that* one to the internal database. I don't want to add 3 or 4 different entries for what's essentially the exact same ROM.

I shaved it down to 4k and it works fine.

Well, I'm going to wait and see if Al adds this to AtariAge, and what ROM he uses. Then I'll add *that* one to the internal database. I don't want to add 3 or 4 different entries for what's essentially the exact same ROM.

If he is smart, he won't, there is a good reason this wasn't released. :lol:

How the heck do you play this? (4k)

From what I can tell, you need to fly Non Infringing Brown Squirrel (NIBS) to catch the two indicated shapes (use fire button to grab), then touch the airplane. If you do so correctly, the screen will flash. If you grab a wrong shape, touch the airplane to get rid of it. The stringy things dropped by NIFS will cause your squirrel to act squirrely for awhile; the falling bricks seem to be some sort of bonus item.

There are two timers in the game. One of them counts from 75 each time you successfully get an item; the other counts down some number of minutes and there seems to be no way to boost it. The fire button controls which timer is displayed.

When you start the game, the select button will toggle between direct joystick controls and "pilot" controls. It will also allow you to increase the amount of time you start with.

Anyone else figure anything more about this game?