IGNORED

OH Maria!

8bitdomain

This is the latest project from 8bitdomain, a 2600&7800 adapter for the Atari 5200.

Prototype tested & completed, board with same feature set of a standard 7800.

You will need to supply a few parts from a standard 5200 VCS adapter and a 7800.

It has on board circuitry for Svideo, Composite Video and 2 channel audio identical

to the 8bitdomain A/V mods so it will work with BOTH 2port & 4port 5200's.

The main reason for posting this is I want to add some additional features and would

like some feedback from this forum on what features you would like added.

Some features under consideration are:

--Built in Hi score capability for 7800 games

--Atari 7800 devcart capability w/serial download

--Other ideas???

I would like to keep the price as low as possible so I don't

want to make it like a Cuttle Cart. That's already been done

so what features would you like?

This is the latest project from 8bitdomain, a 2600&7800 adapter for the Atari 5200.

Prototype tested & completed, board with same feature set of a standard 7800.

You will need to supply a few parts from a standard 5200 VCS adapter and a 7800.

It has on board circuitry for Svideo, Composite Video and 2 channel audio identical

to the 8bitdomain A/V mods so it will work with BOTH 2port & 4port 5200's.

The main reason for posting this is I want to add some additional features and would

like some feedback from this forum on what features you would like added.

Some features under consideration are:

--Built in Hi score capability for 7800 games

--Atari 7800 devcart capability w/serial download

--Other ideas???

I would like to keep the price as low as possible so I don't

want to make it like a Cuttle Cart. That's already been done

so what features would you like?

I dont know... It looks a little fishy...Reminds me of the old big foot pics from back in the day. It just looks like an atari 5200 VCS adapter with 7800 joysicks plugged in and the 7800 cartridge does not even look like its plugged in. Perhaps photoshoped or shot at an angle. If this is real you are the man. However it just looks fake to me. You need to show pics of the inside or better yet a video of it working. I mean I can make that same shot with my Atari 5200 VCS adapter!

Thats my opinion!

• 5 weeks later...

So another scammer or what? Im glad I decided the price was too much and may as well just buy a Krok Cart. I dont feel the need to play 7800 too on my 5200 but the 2600 games are well enough. What is it with all the scam artists around here and didnt people buy from this guy before? He has a website? Is that still functional? There needs to be answers or call to his local police because this is ridiculous and Im just thankful I passed on this. You cant even trust guys that were trustworthy in the past it appears and this is very sad. If anyone got what they paid for please speak up. Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I reached out to Mike and got some news from him. And no I'm not related to this project or 8bitdomain in any way, I was just trying to get some clarity. :)

You can post this PDF file of the layout I finished last week. They are going to

the board shop next week & should have them ready to ship the first week of July.

If anybody wants a refund tell them to send me an email to this account and I will

take care of it.

Mike

You can reach out to mikemallory at his hotmail account.

Adapter.pdf

I wonder if he's gonna issue intrest refunds on all the money he's had for a year without producing a product? Pictures of a schematic do nothing in regards to the amount of money he took well knowing he had no product.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys

I got an email from Mike.he told me that he will have the boards in july.He offered me to refund my money.But i told him,that i want this adapter.Hope it will be finished soon.

greetings Walter

Status of 7800 adapter July 3. Received PC boards of the "so called fake" adapter

Picture 1 Bare PC Boards

Picture 2 Mechanical test of old VCS adapter parts

Will continue building and testing "fake adapter" this weekend.

post-4311-1215122567_thumb.jpg

post-4311-1215122595_thumb.jpg

grabs popcorn and waits...

I brought the pop.

Diet and New Coke (which is really now the 2nd-Old, flash in a pan Coke).

I've had it saved for a special occasion since 1988 ;)

Should be a good show, it got rave reviews in Canada by Terrance & Phillip :D

Edited by Phantom

Hi Guys

I got an email from Mike.he told me that he will have the boards in july.He offered me to refund my money.But i told him,that i want this adapter.Hope it will be finished soon.

greetings Walter

Status of 7800 adapter July 3. Received PC boards of the "so called fake" adapter

Picture 1 Bare PC Boards

Is this why you've been too busy to ship my order from August 2007 or refund my money?

grabs popcorn and waits...

I brought the pop.

Diet and New Coke (which is really now the 2nd-Old, flash in a pan Coke).

I've had it saved for a special occasion since 1988 ;)

Should be a good show, it got rave reviews in Canada by Terrance & Phillip :D

:rolling: Screw the POP....BEER'n'Chips!

Hi Guys

greetings Walter

Picture 1 Bare PC Boards

Is this why you've been too busy to ship my order from August 2007 or refund my money?

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE A BITCH, WINE, RANT OR OTHER PROBLEM THEN LET ME KNOW

Yes, PM me your info and I will Paypal you a refund.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE A BITCH, WINE, RANT OR OTHER PROBLEM THEN LET ME KNOW

As a member thats been following this since its inception and intially wanting to buy one,

I am glad I did not. It may well be a fabulous product when all is said and done and you can yell at me when Im done too but it has to be said.

Your Attitude stinks and if the shoe were on the other foot and someone was holding your money for 10 months or more without as much as an response to an email, I think you would be a lil more than just a tad miffed. We arent talking about $10 here right? A response just to this board to update the progress could have saved you and everyone that paid you much grief but you CHOSE to ignore people and then have the gall to threaten a refund. That's rich. No offense. Cheers, I hope it works out for all involved but with that tone, I highly doubt it ;)

As a member thats been following this since its inception and intially wanting to buy one,

I am glad I did not. It may well be a fabulous product when all is said and done and you can yell at me when Im done too but it has to be said.

Your Attitude stinks and if the shoe were on the other foot and someone was holding your money for 10 months or more without as much as an response to an email, I think you would be a lil more than just a tad miffed. We arent talking about $10 here right? A response just to this board to update the progress could have saved you and everyone that paid you much grief but you CHOSE to ignore people and then have the gall to threaten a refund. That's rich. No offense. Cheers, I hope it works out for all involved but with that tone, I highly doubt it ;)

I couldn't agree more. I prepaid 8bitdomain $150 13 MONTHS AGO for this adapter. Dude, you've got some f*cking balls to come here and act like a wounded innocent victim. So you finally got around to getting some circuit boards, Whoop de f*cking do! :roll: What have you been doing for the last 13 months besides jerking yourself off with our money? Your attitude does suck. You're the one in the wrong here dude, not your customers...