Forum Upgrade Completed

96 replies to this topic

#51 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 7,981 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:33 PM

When reading a forum I tried to hit options to mark everything as read. Nothing happens.

I've cleared my cache and atariage cookies. Before I did that, other new options like My Friends did not work, and they are working now.

Edit - working now. I visited some other sites checking RAM pricing, when I came back here everything was working.

Edited by SpiceWare, Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:09 PM.

#52 classics OFFLINE  

classics

River Patroller

• 2,106 posts
  • So many projects, so little time.

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:56 PM

One more item for your bug stomping list, private message notifications (e-mail) are missing the Date: header.

Steve

#53 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:59 PM

One more item for your bug stomping list, private message notifications (e-mail) are missing the Date: header.

Steve

Thanks, I'll hunt that down and fix it. It's ridiculous that the forum doesn't send properly formed emails. I remember griping about this long ago on Invision's site but they pretty much just blew it off.. :roll:

..Al

#54 Omegamatrix OFFLINE  

Omegamatrix

Quadrunner

• 5,460 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 2:15 AM

Al, this button is not working yet. Gives me a lot of code when I click on any of the forums it displays. I'm using IE (not 7) on XP.

Broken_Button.jpg

#55 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash

• 18,588 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 2:21 AM

Thanks, I'll hunt that down and fix it. It's ridiculous that the forum doesn't send properly formed emails. I remember griping about this long ago on Invision's site but they pretty much just blew it off..

Ridiculous indeed. :roll:

I appreciate all the extra effort you put into the forums. :thumbsup:

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch, Tue May 1, 2007 2:24 AM.

#56 www.atarimania.com OFFLINE  

www.atarimania.com

Stargunner

• 1,583 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 7:04 AM

Flame me for having a crappy setup but I'm having compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 6.0.2600: I can use "quick reply" but "add a reply" doesn't work and I can't send PM's either. It seems MSHTML.DLL doesn't like the editor and it crashes Internet Explorer.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com

#57 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

• 18,588 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 7:06 AM

Flame me for having a crappy setup...

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!

...but I'm having compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 6.0.2600: I can use "quick reply" but "add a reply" doesn't work and I can't send PM's either. It seems MSHTML.DLL doesn't like the editor and it crashes Internet Explorer.

Did you try disabling the rich text editor?

#58 www.atarimania.com OFFLINE  

www.atarimania.com

Stargunner

• 1,583 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 8:13 AM

Did you try disabling the rich text editor?

Yes, it's disabled, I never switched to rich text. Enabling the option crashes IE just the same of course.

--
Atari Frog

#59 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 9:20 AM

Flame me for having a crappy setup but I'm having compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 6.0.2600: I can use "quick reply" but "add a reply" doesn't work and I can't send PM's either. It seems MSHTML.DLL doesn't like the editor and it crashes Internet Explorer.

Did you try clearing your browser's cache as well as erasing your cookies? There's a link on the main forum page to erase all the forum-related cookies:

http://www.atariage....orums/index.php

(scroll down to the lower-right corner and look for "Delete cookies set by this board".)

Please let me know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

..Al

#60 www.atarimania.com OFFLINE  

www.atarimania.com

Stargunner

• 1,583 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 9:59 AM

Thanks Al but I'm afraid that doesn't help :(

--
Atari Frog

#61 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 10:00 AM

Thanks Al but I'm afraid that doesn't help :(

--
Atari Frog

I will see if I can reproduce this in Internet Explorer late in the day. I'll also look on Invision's forums to see if anyone else is having this problem and what possible solutions there are. Sorry you are having problems. :(

..Al

#62 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 6:36 PM

This is now fixed.

..Al

#63 liquid_sky OFFLINE  

liquid_sky

Quad-Strainer

• 15,446 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 9:28 PM

All clear on the Safari front.

#64 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 9:34 PM

All clear on the Safari front.

That's good to know, since I haven't fired up Safari on the upgraded forums yet. :)

Thanks,

..Al

#65 liquid_sky OFFLINE  

liquid_sky

Quad-Strainer

• 15,446 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 9:37 PM

I figured since you did your fair deal of making me a Macaddict I had to return the favor :)

Site still looks like arse in LynX ;)

#66 Mayhem ONLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 3,928 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Wed May 2, 2007 4:56 AM

Forum seems to forget me (ie. not keep me logged in) but only after I shut the browser window... if I leave the site and come back later in the same session I'm fine.

#67 Serguei2 OFFLINE  

Serguei2

Moonsweeper

• 386 posts

Posted Wed May 2, 2007 9:59 PM

That's happened to me too, Mayhem. I use ie 6,0.

About Atariage blog problems, I see [attachmentid=xxxx] in blogs and show screenshots at the bottom of the blog.

Edited by Serguei2, Wed May 2, 2007 10:04 PM.

#68 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Wed May 2, 2007 10:09 PM

That's happened to me too, Mayhem. I use ie 6,0.

About Atariage blog problems, I see [attachmentid=xxxx] in blogs and show screenshots at the bottom of the blog.

Can you give me a screenshot of what you're seeing, as well as a specific link to a page in the Blogs so I can try to reproduce it?

Thanks,

..Al

#69 YOK-dfa OFFLINE  

YOK-dfa

Stargunner

• 1,449 posts
  • level 5 Kancho Assassin

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 6:08 AM

I noticed that the new version of the software handles image attachment differently than the old version. See for example http://www.atariage....s...=104409&hl=

(although i must admit that my method of using attachments/images in posts might not be how the authors intended it :roll: )

#70 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 7:47 AM

I noticed that the new version of the software handles image attachment differently than the old version. See for example http://www.atariage....s...=104409&hl=

(although i must admit that my method of using attachments/images in posts might not be how the authors intended it :roll: )

Hmm, that's strange, I don't know why it put the attachments for those posts at the bottom of each message. I have made several posts since the upgrade and embedded images in posts like you did and they show up in the proper place. I'll investigate that and see what I can do to fix it.

..Al

#71 Serguei2 OFFLINE  

Serguei2

Moonsweeper

• 386 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 8:10 AM

Here the link:

http://www.atariage....;showentry=3207

Also when clicking on reply quota (reply") in topic, the IE crashes.

#72 YOK-dfa OFFLINE  

YOK-dfa

Stargunner

• 1,449 posts
  • level 5 Kancho Assassin

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 8:56 AM

Hmm, that's strange, I don't know why it put the attachments for those posts at the bottom of each message. I have made several posts since the upgrade and embedded images in posts like you did and they show up in the proper place. I'll investigate that and see what I can do to fix it.

When you use embedded images are they attached to the post or to the thread? What i did was attaching pictures to post 1 but use them in post 2 (or actually: first use them in post 1 and later use them in post 2). This did work with the old version, but seems to be broken (repaired?) in the new version.

#73 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Greetings, Avatar!

• Topic Starter
  • 29,790 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 9:28 AM

When you use embedded images are they attached to the post or to the thread? What i did was attaching pictures to post 1 but use them in post 2 (or actually: first use them in post 1 and later use them in post 2). This did work with the old version, but seems to be broken (repaired?) in the new version.

That should work, as I've seen attached images work properly in other posts, such as when people quote messages where someone included an in-line attachment (in messages posted after the forum upgrade). It does look like they changed the attachment bbcode tag, though, which could have something to do with it. I'll have time to investigate this issue over the weekend, along with several other issues that have come up since the upgrade.

..Al

#74 Christophero Sly OFFLINE  

Christophero Sly

River Patroller

• 4,813 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 1:46 PM

Has the option of setting message tracking as the default behavior been lost? I can't find seem to find it among the various preferences. If so, can it please be reimplemented?

#75 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

• 18,588 posts

Posted Thu May 3, 2007 1:52 PM

Check "Email Settings" settings.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users