IGNORED

Daemonsgate: 5th city, maps, etc.

else

I've been playing this game quite a bit lately, and I'm managed to locate a 5th city (Selakier). I don't think anyone has found this previously?!?!

As I've been playing, I've been putting together a strategy guide of sorts that includes maps, a walkthrough, etc as I go along. See the attached pdf file. It's not all organized the best, but there's so much information in the game that it become a bit difficut to manage.

At this point, I need to find the Battle Plans in order to advance the story. I don't suppose anyone here knows where they are?

Anyhow, I'm pretty much convinced that it is possible to beat the game -- I've seen nothing to indicate that it can't be done. But it's been very time consuming just getting this far....

Strategy_Guide.pdf__WP_.pdf

I'm using the version that's available for download here. :)

That would be the dump that I made then. :)

I'm still curious if this is the same as the B&C version. Can someone with the B&C version dump their copy and do a file compare?

Mitch

It's kind of a fun game, but I don't know if I have it in me to keep exploring more. The games seems have the same failing that the PC version did -- most of the time you have no clue where you're supposed to go or who you're supposed to talk to. So you spend endless hours roaming around hoping that you'll by chance come across the right thing to do.

I stumbled across the 5th city pretty much by accident. And right now I don't have the foggiest idea where to begin looking for the Battle Plans. I'm sure they're somewhere, but it could take hours and hours to find them :(

It can get VERY tedious.

Edited by else

I was just looking through the BIN with a hex editor and found some interesting stuff.

CHOOSE HERBS TO MAKE YOUR MAGIC POTION.

THEN MOVE OVER TO THE MIXING BOWL AND PRESS BUTTON A TO MIX THE HERBS INTO A POTION.

SELECT TOWN TO GOTO

ANCHOR

ESSAM

TORMIS

HELLADI

JORULI POINT

ATTEIA

HALAK

TAN ELDORITH

KZZIR CATACOMBS

BLACK HAND CATACOMBS

ALKATS MAZE

CASTLE MCDOUGAL

CASTLE MCBRIDE

CASTLE MCMORN

SELAKIER

YOU FINALLY DEFEAT DONAR SCHMITT ON SEARCHING THE BODY YOU FIND A BLACK RING WITH A SEAL ON IT

AFTER A HARD-FOUGHT BATTLE YOU FINALLY DEFEAT THE EVIL DAEMONOLOGIST.

WHEN YOU SEARCH THE BODY OF YOUR FOE YOU FIND A NOTEBOOK, AND A MAGICAL SWORD.

I AM CONNOR MCDOUGAL THANK YOU FOR RESCUING ME WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

I SEE ALKAT PLANS TO DESTROY US GIVE ME THE BOOK. I WILL TRANSLATE IT GO NOW, AND MY HOPES GO WITH YOU

There are also lists of weapons, armor, herbs and a bunch of random words.

I don't know that this really helps though.

Mitch

I was just looking through the BIN with a hex editor and found some interesting stuff.

YOU FINALLY DEFEAT DONAR SCHMITT ON SEARCHING THE BODY YOU FIND A BLACK RING WITH A SEAL ON IT

AFTER A HARD-FOUGHT BATTLE YOU FINALLY DEFEAT THE EVIL DAEMONOLOGIST.

WHEN YOU SEARCH THE BODY OF YOUR FOE YOU FIND A NOTEBOOK, AND A MAGICAL SWORD.

I AM CONNOR MCDOUGAL THANK YOU FOR RESCUING ME WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

I SEE ALKAT PLANS TO DESTROY US GIVE ME THE BOOK. I WILL TRANSLATE IT GO NOW, AND MY HOPES GO WITH YOU

There are also lists of weapons, armor, herbs and a bunch of random words.

I don't know that this really helps though.

Mitch

I've found the first two messages. The second two are very interesting. Looks like I should try to find Connor McDougal!

Wasn't this released for the PC as well? Can you use the PC walkthrough for the Lynx version?

Tempest

It was released on the PC and I have the walkthrough for it. However, they are VERY different from each other -- some of the town names are the same, but the storyline isn't even close. The two games are more like distant relatives....

Edited by else

Something interesting I noticed with a hex editor... In the code itself the full name of the game is:

"Daemonsgate I: Dorovans Key"

I wonder if that really makes the PC version Daemonsgate II? Maybe they didn't call it that though because the Lynx version was never released....

Edited by else

Wow... I just got to look at your walkthrough, but I decided to skip oiver quite a bit of it due to wanting to explore myself. I just looked at the map of Tormis and was floored by how big the city really is. I really should play this game.

I wish there was a comparison of the multiple versions of Daemonsgate out there. This version on Atari Age, the B&C version... and I'd be curious as to the version that someone just sold recently.

Someone needs to solve this thing!!! I'm guessing that we've only seen maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of the game so far. I'm sure there are more cities to be explored, etc. The game is HUGE.

I'm still wondering how the developers ever expected it to fly on the Lynx without some way to save your progress. The only way to play this is on an emulator (imho).....

Yes, 5 towns so far. However the 5th town is almost completely walled off until you find and return the battle plans to the "elders". I haven't found the battle plans as of yet (but I haven't really tried too hard yet either).

Someone needs to solve this thing!!! I'm guessing that we've only seen maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of the game so far. I'm sure there are more cities to be explored, etc. The game is HUGE.

I'm still wondering how the developers ever expected it to fly on the Lynx without some way to save your progress. The only way to play this is on an emulator (imho).....

Questions:

1. Have you made any potions yet?

2. Have you bought any weapons that increase damage beyond the level achieved with the "standard" sword?

3. Have you found the "immunity" bug?

1) No, but I wonder if the answers about how to make potions might be in the notebook that I have recovered but need to get translated. Looking at the text in the binary, it seems that I can get it translated once I find the battle plans and bring them to the elders.

2) Haven't bothered with buying any. However the "daemon" sword that I got off of Hellast is WAY, WAY more powerful than the standard sword that you start with.

3) Yep, I have happened across the immunity bug a number of times. I always make sure to save my progress when that happens :). I have no idea what causes it though. Seems to be almost random.

3) Yep, I have happened across the immunity bug a number of times. I always make sure to save my progress when that happens :).

How do you do that? I didn't come across any game-save feature in my version of the cart.

Emulator. The only way to play, imho....

• 1 year later...

Been playing this a bit. Got to three cities and then the batteries died last night. GRRRR....

First time I really spent extra time with this game. I still like it, so I'm going to see how far I can get.

Need to play it on an emulator I think. So I can save it after finding invincibility. Can't find the rom though. LOL

Note:

I ran into the invincibility thing twice last night. Someone mentioned in these forums that you can generally trigger it in the middle of Tormis while fighting the bad guys! Both times it happened for me was in this general area... a tad to the east.

I'll try it again soon to see if I can figure out an exact location. Invincibility in this game is REALLY nice. I also noted that the broad sword (I think that was the name of it) killed off the bad guys a lot easier. It states the sword is 6 feet long. Reminds me of Final Fantasy. LOL

When I had invincibility... I never lost it. Is that the case with most of you? Or does it go away after a long time?

I noted that it appeared as though you got less money when you kill an enemy with a bigger sword. If you killed with your hands, you would get 6 gold a lot of the times, less with the dagger, and even less with the long sword. Sometimes none at all with the sword.

Then... my batteries died. I really need the rom! LOL

Edited by EricDeLee