IGNORED

Scans For Rom

pangasinan

Added.

I want to thank you once again, Pangasinan!

One thing: don't make the cart scans too big.

Too much resizing often means quality loss.

They will be mentioned on our homepage tomorrow.

8)

I can resize the cart smaller if you want just let me know.

Pangasinan, here's what I do and it may help you.

1. Scan the cart at 200dpi and crop it. Save it as a PNG file first (or some other format that isn't compressing the image).

2. Resize the bottom of the PNG scan (600 pixels for boxes, 400 pixels for carts, these seem to be the accepted standard for Atari 2600 boxes and carts). This bottom is the what you want to keep constant. Once you choose how many pixels for the bottom the sides will adjust themselves. The amount of pixels on the sides will vary slightly from scan to scan depending on your cropping.

3. Now save it as a JPEG.

By resizing your image in a format that doesn't compress the image first you retain better image quality. Resizing it when it is already a JPEG will never be as good. When it all goes good you should end up with something like this:

post-7074-1188383927_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1188383943_thumb.jpgpost-7074-1188384537_thumb.jpg

When you look at the black border around the images it tells you how many pixels they are. The bottom of the box scan is 600, and the bottom of the cart scans are 400 each. The sides don't matter (they adjust themselves when you resize the bottom). By keeping the bottoms the same size it allows you to line the images up when the are full size:

IncaGoldZellerscartfront.jpg

IncaGoldZellerscartend.jpg

Hope this helps,

Omega

Thanks for the advice Omegamatrix im sure it will help.The problem(if there was one) was i posted the cart pic in its native size,i hadnt resized it,but when i went to check the entry in Atarimania the pic looked great there was no loss of quality,i have managed to work out a way of scanning/cropping and resizing pics without any loss of quality, to resize pics im using a program called "Picture Resize Genius 2"works great...thanks again :)

Edited by pangasinan

Thanks!

They are added:

http://atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?MENU...ERSION_ID=20266

http://atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?MENU...ERSION_ID=20267

and will be mentioned on our homepage tomorrow.

Pangasinan, one thing:

Please don't cut off too much of the cart when scanning.

We want to show the cart as complete as possible.

Thanks again!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 1 month later...