IGNORED

NES High Score Club 2nd Season Week #10 - Boulder Dash

vdub_bobby

Rescue, rescue, rescue! Enough already - let's get rich! Yes, it's time for Boulder Dash!

Post a score and let's get this thing rolling!

Please post any tips you may have - best tip gets 1 bonus point!

And if anyone has a link to the manual, please post it.

This week's competition ends next Tuesday (May 15) morning at approximately 8:00 am PST.

This week's standings:

3,620 Cybergoth (+10 pts)

2,650 vdub_bobby (+8 pts)

1,243 8th lutz (+6 pts)

1,122 LarcenTyler (+4 pts)

Twin Galaxies High Scores

None!

Overall standings:

1. vdub_bobby (50 pts)

2. bust3dstr8 (49 pts)

3. rjchamp3 (44 pts)

4. gdement (31 pts)

5. LarcenTyler (28 pts)

6. MetalSlime23 (25 pts)

7. 8th lutz (17 pts)

8. duncantoml (10 pts)

9. kevincal (9 pts)

10. Slayer (8 pts)

11. Bucket (7 pts)

12. Jibbajaba (6 pts)

13. Cybergoth (2 pts)

Game Info

Developed by First Star Software in 1984 for the Atari 8bit. A coin-op version was made by Exidy in 1984, which is fairly rare and uses essentially Atari 8bit computer hardware with a timer, much like the Playchoice-10. Two other coin-op versions were made by Data East in 1985 (on cassette!) and 1990 and a combination of the two versions (using levels of the 8bit computer original and "world" selection map and graphics of the redone 1990 coin-op port) was created for the NES by Data East in 1990.

Other platforms: Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, Commodore 64, ColecoVision, MSX, PC Booter, ZX Spectrum

Sequels/spinoffs: Boulder Crash (Dragon 32/64 - 1985), Boulderdash II: Rockford's Revenge (Amstrad CPC, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, MSX, PC Booter, ZX Spectrum - 1985), Boulder Dash Construction Kit (Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum - 1986), Super Boulder Dash (Apple II, Commodore 64, PC Booter - 1986), Rockford: The Arcade Game (Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum - 1987), Emerald Mine (Amiga, Commodore 64 - 1987), Rock-Slide (DOS - 1989), Supaplex (Amiga, Atari ST, DOS - 1991), Rocks 'n' Diamonds (Amiga, DOS, Linux, Macintosh, Windows - 1998), Igor: The Time Machine (Windows - 2002), Boulder Dash EX (Game Boy Advance - 2002), Caveman (J2ME - 2004), Boulder Dash (Windows - 2007)

This game has to have one of the strangest coin-op histories - the one-of-a-kind (I think) Max-A-Flex 1984 Exidy version, the

Data East DECO cassette version (with all the same levels, just slightly updated graphics) in 1985, then the cutesy 1990 port. Three ports of the same game, and two of them on odd hardware.

Tips

Me: Read the manual and know the enemies!

Edited by vdub_bobby

This game has to have one of the strangest coin-op histories - the one-of-a-kind (I think) Max-A-Flex 1984 Exidy version, the

Exidy created more Max-A-Flex Arcades based on First Star titles, I think at least Astro Chase and possibly also Bristles and Flip & Flop :)

Exidy created more Max-A-Flex Arcades based on First Star titles, I think at least Astro Chase and possibly also Bristles and Flip & Flop :)

Thanks. ;)