IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)

kheller2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just saw this topic after searching for posts about my non functioning 800xl keyboard. Of course, my 1200xl also has a non functioning keyboard that I haven't tried to fix yet. I've found plenty of posts on how to fix it, I just have to take the time to do it. I'm a huge C64 fan as that was my first computer, but I have a large collection of old 8-bit Atari computers as well that I simply haven't used much. I just ordered a cool sio2sd device from Lotharek, so I'm excited to start using my old neglected Atari 8-bit collection. :) My 1200XL serial number is 83S DA 75671 193, and it was made in the USA. It's in nearly perfect non-yellowed condition, I bought it on eBay way back in 2003.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Adding my two:

83S DA 036870 173 Made in USA

83S DA 001585 073 Made in USA

The second one just arrived from US after nearly 2 months in container. All seems to be in good order except for the keyboard, which is dead as only 8 keys are responsive..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I found this page when I pulled out my 1200 XL and figured I would drop by with some info to be added to the list.

I got my 1200 XL December 1983 when I was living in Japan.

Serials...

72R DA 00283 143

The sticker on the board that you can see through the vent says MAR 25 1983.

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I found this page when I pulled out my 1200 XL and figured I would drop by with some info to be added to the list.

I got my 1200 XL December 1983 when I was living in Japan.

Serials...

72R DA 00283 143

The sticker on the board that you can see through the vent says MAR 25 1983.

The circuit board sticker may say March, but the last 3 digits of the SN indicate April for the system(14th week of 1983)

Looking at the numbers in post #1 yours appears to be among the first batch manufactured in Taiwan.

• 1 month later...

BPA72R1200 Taiwan 72R DA 03071 163

My folks bought this computer (12-06-83) for me for Christmas in 1983 for $599.99 from Sears in Quail Springs Mall in OKC. They went to Wizard's in the same mall (12-11-83) and bought a Indus GT disk drive for $449.99.

They've probably been in the box since fall of '84. Fired it up for the first time in a long time tonight. The channel selector switch needs a little cleaning I guess, took some wiggling to get it to get a clear picture. The TV antenna/computer selector box I took the wires off that went to the screws on the back of the TV and soldered jumper wires inside to defeat the switch and used a coax adapter attached to the screws to use on an old tube TV we have.

My keyboard isn't working so I guess I need to do the paint fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Necro'ing this old thread for a good cause. My two, picked up as a pair in an eBay splurge about 10 - 12 years ago. Both recently restored to full working order except for one broken pin on the second controller port of one of them. Both with 28 pin OS sockets, both Taiwan made.

post-30400-0-53109300-1406849140_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-08472500-1406849195_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...