Photo

Top 25 Lynx games of all time

84 replies to this topic

#76 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

[EXPLETIVE DELETED]

• 15,453 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 PM

APB is a great game, though. You need to give it a chance on real hardware before making a final decision about playability.

I really liked it (along with STUN Runner) when it was new. It's like Grand Theft: Auto Chinatown Wars Zero: Arcade Edition: Pocket

#77 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,157 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 PM

Runner-ups: 
Crystal Mines 2: I loved the first set of levels that resembled Boulderdash the most, but it lost me later. It gets very hard very suddenly. I have the DS one with all the additional stages which I keep meaning to dig into. My opinion on this could change if the harder stages click for me.

Forgot to add/remind you that Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure is available for the Lynx, so there's no need to fret if you're anxious about running out of levels. :)

#78 louisg OFFLINE  

louisg

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:50 PM

I really liked it (along with STUN Runner) when it was new. It's like Grand Theft: Auto Chinatown Wars Zero: Arcade Edition: Pocket

I loooooved it in the arcade, and enjoyed the DOS port. I'm not sure why I don't have it yet!

Forgot to add/remind you that Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure is available for the Lynx, so there's no need to fret if you're anxious about running out of levels. :)

Hehe it's the opposite right now for me: I got totally stuck on level 10 and never could pass it! I think that was the one. Somehow I thought I got further.

Someone mentioned Tournament Cyberball.. wow that's one I should give a chance. I do like some of those future or arcade sports games like Speedball 2 and NFL Blitz. It looks like another solid port.

#79 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,157 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:16 PM

Someone mentioned Tournament Cyberball.. wow that's one I should give a chance. I do like some of those future or arcade sports games like Speedball 2 and NFL Blitz. It looks like another solid port.

Um, ok. :)

#80 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Moonsweeper

• 290 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:38 PM

I've got a Top 30 Lynx Games article submission recently, that will be published soon. It's revised for 2018/19 so I'm expecting there are some homebrews in there (haven't read it yet so it will be as much of a surprise for me as for all the readers)

#81 akira666 OFFLINE  

akira666

Space Invader

• 12 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:05 AM

My Top 10:

1. Toki

2. California Games

3. Klax

4. Blue Lightning

5. Pinball Jam

6. Checkered Flag

7. Shadow of the Beast

7. Lemmings

8. Rampart

9. Steel Taloons

10. S.T.U.N. Runner

I've just taken the games that I played most on my Lynx

#82 louisg OFFLINE  

louisg

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:40 PM

Wow! Toki at number 1!

What was your favorite thing about Pinball Jam?

#83 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,157 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:09 PM

Wow! Toki at number 1!

What was your favorite thing about Pinball Jam?

That game is really underrated. I've always enjoyed "Elvira and the Party Monsters", but both tables are actually lots of fun.

#84 akira666 OFFLINE  

akira666

Space Invader

• 12 posts

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 AM

I love pinball. As a teenager, there were very few pinball machines in the area. That's why I played a lot with the Lynx Pinball Jam. But really only the Elvira table. I thought it was great that the table really existed. In addition, the voice output was pretty nice.

I wrote, I listed it after my most played games ...

Toki is a very nice arcade implementation. Except for the Amiga variant of my knowledge, the only one that comes close to the Arcade.

I mean look at the Mega Drive version, compared to the Arcade version.

#85 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,157 posts

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:21 PM

My top 5 homebrew/post-Atari releases:

1. Alpine Games

2. Loopz

3. Wyvern Tales

4. Zaku

5. Raiden

0 user(s) are browsing this forum