IGNORED

Missing In Action

Mitch

OK, at long last here it is. :)

Please find attached a CC2 compatible BIN file and an emu compatible A78 file.

(Note: none of the 7800 emus currently fully support MIA) For CC2 users, use 78SC_BIG 78BIOS.

Remember for standard play, put the left difficulty switch in the left position and the right difficulty switch in the right position.

For those of you who would like to purchase a cartridge, please send an email to:

The price is and includes a cartridge and manual.

The first run will have hand numbered cartridges, after that there will a standard unnumbered release.

Mitch

Edit: These are now no longer available.

MIA.zip

OK, at long last here it is. :)

Please find attached a CC2 compatible BIN file and an emu compatible A78 file.

(Note: none of the 7800 emus currently fully support MIA) For CC2 users, use 78SC_BIG 78BIOS.

Remember for standard play, put the left difficulty switch in the left position and the right difficulty switch in the right position.

For those of you who would like to purchase a cartridge, please send an email to: mia at atari7800.org

The price is $35 plus shipping and includes a cartridge and manual.

The first run will have hand numbered cartridges, after that there will a standard unnumbered release.

Mitch

All hail Mitch! Woohoo!

Wicked!! Will be sending an email soon.

Question: Is the cart version glitchy or is this quite playable?

Playable from start to finish. You have to use the level skip cheat to complete a level (or two) but aside from that it's golden.

So who's gonna be the first one to clue into what my signature means that I've had up for the last few weeks? :ponder: :cool: ;)

EDIT: I have to say it's a very bad idea to judge this game with an EMU on the PC cause ALL the emu's play this game like crap right now. Totally glitchy mess. I really hope someone codes in MIA to the emu's soon cause otherwise if you don't own a CC2 or the real cart you have no idea what this game is actually like cause EMU vs Real Deal is like night and day.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Awesome! Thanks!

Tried it with the ProSystem emulator... It gets very glitchy. Although it's perfect on the CC2! :D

Told ya it was crap in emulation. :P And it only gets worse in the EMU unfortunatly. The glitching is just the first of it, then it crashes the game all together. It's real hardware or not at all with this game.

And besides everyone should be buying a cart from Mitch anyhow so to hell with the EMU all together :)

Did I mention to buy a cart from Mitch yet? Well just in case I didn't BUY A CART, BUY A CART OF MISSING IN ACTION, BUY A CARTRIDGE OF MISSING IN ACTION FOR THE ATARI 7800 FROM MITCH, MITCH THE GUY THAT GOT THIS GAME TO THE PUBLIC BY SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON THE PROTO SO YOU NEED TO BUY A COPY OF THE GAME FROM HIM TO SHOW HOW THANKFUL YOU ARE FOR MITCH BEING SO TOUGH THAT HE GOT CHUCK NORRIS OUT FOR THE 7800.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Awesome! Thanks!

Tried it with the ProSystem emulator... It gets very glitchy. Although it's perfect on the CC2! :D

Told ya it was crap in emulation. :P And it only gets worse in the EMU unfortunatly. The glitching is just the first of it, then it crashes the game all together. It's real hardware or not at all with this game.

And besides everyone should be buying a cart from Mitch anyhow so to hell with the EMU all together :)

Did I mention to buy a cart from Mitch yet? Well just in case I didn't BUY A CART, BUY A CART OF MISSING IN ACTION, BUY A CARTRIDGE OF MISSING IN ACTION FOR THE ATARI 7800 FROM MITCH, MITCH THE GUY THAT GOT THIS GAME TO THE PUBLIC BY SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON THE PROTO SO YOU NEED TO BUY A COPY OF THE GAME FROM HIM TO SHOW HOW THANKFUL YOU ARE FOR MITCH BEING SO TOUGH THAT HE GOT CHUCK NORRIS OUT FOR THE 7800.

Just e-mailed him. Long live Chuck Norris ... and Mitch.

So who's gonna be the first one of us to get the cart autographed by Chuck? :ponder:

I'm afraid all I'd have left after that is a pile of plastic and fiberglass dust.

FWIW, I'm not too many handshakes away, in the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon way. My mom used to be in the Texas Brangus cattle breeders association, and Chuck Norris is (or at least was) in it too.

So who's gonna be the first one of us to get the cart autographed by Chuck? :ponder:

I'm afraid all I'd have left after that is a pile of plastic and fiberglass dust.

FWIW, I'm not too many handshakes away, in the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon way. My mom used to be in the Texas Brangus cattle breeders association, and Chuck Norris is (or at least was) in it too.

Any odds of following up on that lead by weird chance?

Any odds of following up on that lead by weird chance?

I thought I read somewhere here that a member lives near Chuck's house.

I have made some boxes for Missing in Action. Unfortunatly I had made the first batch of boxes before the new screenshots and game infos were available, so there is an old style and a new style with different screenshots, text and a slightly different artwork. So right now there are three types of boxes available:

Type A

Old style

Color Laser

Colors not so bright, strong and ugly artefacts in the grey (my color laser Konica 5450 has somehow problems to print a plain grey). I have three boxes that type, when they are gone there won't be any until I find a way that the grey shows no artefacts.

Type B

Old style

High Quality Inkjet

Bright colors, glossy. I have two boxes that type, when they are gone their won't be any more.

Type C

New style

High Quality Inkjet

Bright colors, glossy. When I have found a way to print the grey without artefacts there will be a Color Laser version of it.

General info:

The box style is the typical Atari style and are the same like my Snow White or RealSports Basketball (no cart holder inside). Boxes and printing are quite robust (people who bought the Pac-Man Collection, the Exus Jogger/Reflex or M.U.L.E. boxes will agree to that). If someone is interested in the boxes drop me PM with your address. Payment by Paypal. Here are the prices:

Type A: Color Laser box costs 7.50 (about US$ 10.00)

Type B: Inkjet box costs EURO 10.00 (about US$ 13.50)

Type C: Inkjet box costs EURO 20.00 (about US$ 27.00)

Shipping costs within Germany: EURO 2.20

Shipping to Europe: EURO 4.50

Shipping to USA/Canada: EURO 8.00 (about US$ 11.00)

I know, the shipping costs sucks but the parcel is >100g therefore it's EUR 8, not 4:/

Here some pictures:

Left Type A, Middle Type B, Right Type C

Left Type A, Middle Type B, Right Type C

Close-up scan of Type A to give an idea of the artefacts (they are stronger than it shows here), Type B and C don't have them at all

Edited by Marc Oberhäuser

I have made some boxes for Missing in Action. There are two styles available:

Marc, MIA the game is copyrighted 1989, only the movie was 1984 copyright.

Hi Shawn,

I know, you already told me:) I will change it soon.

Marc.

woops, Thats my 2 seconds worth of short term memory for ya :dunce: