IGNORED

The stupidest Atari game ever?

Miles Tails Prower

I still think Plaque Attack is has the stupidest concept. Brushing teeth is not fun. I've never played Tooth Protectors, but I'd guess that it would be equally bad.

I think Plaque Attack is fun, but Tooth Protectors is both good and bad. It goes on forever, Its nearly impossible to roll the score, and its a Pong and Super Breakout ripoff.

Dude, Coconuts is cool. I think of it more like Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat game. Its simple, its fun, and I love to see that stupid monkey chirp like he's got a hot poker up his butt when he gets mad!! :D :D :D :D

The obvious "stupidest game" is WORD ZAPPER.

(this excludes things that are clearly not games like Basic Math, Basic Programming, and Math Grand Prix)

Dude, Coconuts is cool.  I think of it more like Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat game.  Its simple, its fun, and I love to see that stupid monkey chirp like he's got a hot poker up his butt when he gets mad!! :D  :D  :D  :D  

The obvious "stupidest game" is WORD ZAPPER.  

(this excludes things that are clearly not games like Basic Math, Basic Programming, and Math Grand Prix)

I like Basic Programming fine thank you! :x :x :x

Human cannonball is pretty bad... i mean would ypu rather blow the hell out of aliens with lazers, or calculate trajectories with wind resistance?

Human Cannonball is cool because you are playing God with Human life.

"Hmmm, the net is awfully far away, but lets point the cannon straight up and shoot it as hard as we can." :evil:

[quote="Miles Tails Prower

I like Basic Programming fine thank you! :x :x :x

I have no quarrel with Basic Programming, but its not a GAME its a utility program and the question clearly asks for "stupidest game." Same with Basic Math, etc.

:D

If you asked stupidest program, THEN Basic Math would win or lose, whatever. :?

Hey, Word Zapper rules! I'm not just saying that because it was one of my earlier carts and I had nothing else to play back then... ;) If anyone dares mention Sneek 'N Peek, I swear I'll hunt you down and smack you repeatedly with a text-label Combat! (Ever been cartridge-whipped? It hurts, let me tell ya!) Also, Plaque Attack happens to be another personal favorite of mine.

The aforementioned game are quite creative, IMO. However, I agree that Human Cannonball is rather dull. Flag Capture is another game in the "Why the hell should I waste my time with this crap?" category that is utterly inane and devoid of any worthwhile play value. Sure, I'm glad to have my uncommon 1986 picture-label FC in my collection, but that doesn't mean I have to pull it out and play it...

HEAVY***6***er

Just one more Corona can't hurt... :woozy:

If it serves my memory correct, I've never actually met any one who bought a Basic Math cart back in the day??? I got one last year for the first time, just to add to the collection, and I must say, that on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is horrible and 10 is the most boring and worst game of all time including before the universe was created, Basic Math is an 11.

Even if you like math, after playing this "game" you will most certainly feel ill.

Human cannonball is extremely pointless as well, but it is fun for the first 15 seconds.

Talk about padding the library....

Coconuts is pretty stupid, I agree there. The graphics alone are so blocky I can't tell what the hell I'm doing.

Actually, I think that the pre-Space Invaders games sold for $19.95 (except Indy500). SI was the first game around here to be priced at $29.95...and none were priced at $39.95 until Pac Man was announced (by then the original catalog of games had dropped to $9.95, except Indy).

Kinda funny...an old Montgomery Ward catalog from '81 lists Fairchild games at higher prices than the early Atari games (!).

That's seems right. I didn't get my 2600 until Christmas of 1981, so I didn't really pay attention to the game prices before that. Does anyone know for sure what Atari charged for games from 77-80?

But I swear the prices of the old games were not much less than the new ones in the earlier 80's. (Unless my memory is wrong, which it very well could be.) I know at least one store back then that charged the same price for all Atari games. Of course, now that I think about, they did go out of business.