IGNORED

A Comic Strip (#16)

Ranthulfr

Your strips are good, Randy, but they are hard to read.  Why do you make them so small?

Hi Ben! The comic strip started as a filler graphic to add interest to my web site. I've liked working at that size because it forces me to keep it simple. But it is hard to read, and I may reformat it soon since I seem to be sticking with it. Thanks for the feedback! And by the way that's a mighty cool web site you have.

in the PVP comic youll notice the kid is using what sems to be a ps2 or x box contorller, not an atari one! so this leads me to think its a classic compilation for a modern system, rather than the dad keeping his vcs around... maybe thats too indepth, but hey what else can the internet provide other than a place to point out inaccuracies?

also, i dont know if it was asked or not but how were your strips made? on a comuputer or hand drawn or? :)

in the PVP comic youll notice the kid is using what sems to be a ps2 or x box contorller, not an atari one! so this leads me to think its a classic compilation for  a modern system, rather than the dad keeping his vcs around... maybe thats too indepth, but hey what else can the internet provide other than a place to point out inaccuracies?

dont sweat it

i saw it too but you beat me to posting it

blast you

but seriously, good show old sport ;)

ok glad your not mad.

perhaps the author had a seperate strip in mind where a kid is amazed that atari video games came with joysticks with "real acrade!!!" feel for free instead of 70 bucks like they do now! :sad:

personally theres a huge area of the NES that could be made comical too, namely the blink blink, or all its wacky contraptions (hmmm gets pencil and paper)

in the PVP comic youll notice the kid is using what sems to be a ps2 or x box contorller, not an atari one! so this leads me to think its a classic compilation for  a modern system, rather than the dad keeping his vcs around... maybe thats too indepth, but hey what else can the internet provide other than a place to point out inaccuracies?

At best it could be a Sega Genesis controller playing Space Invaders '91. :-)

Also along the same line, here are some quotes from a good friend of mine when he tried to get his 8 year old son to play Circus on the Atari 2600..

"

I was setting on the couch playing Circus Atari and Sean comes in and starts watching me. Then he asks how you play, so I tell him...

"You push the button and the guy jumps on the trampoline. From there the guy flies up and onto the teeter totter - the other guy flies up and hopefully breaks some balloons. When he falls back down, you catch him on the up side of the teeter totter and the other guy is launched up in the air."

Sean then asks, "What trampoline?" - "The one's that are on each side of the screen" - "Why are the balloons square?" - "It's easier to draw them that way on the old computer" - "What does the next screen look like?" - "There is no next screen." - "Then what is the point of the game?" - "To get the highest score."

"