IGNORED

6-switch VCS question

rpmxxipt

Hi all,

I was just cleaning up a 1980 TRW-manufactured 6 switch system before I put it up for auction sometime soon. Anyhow, I noticed that the underside of the cover has "Property of Atari Inc. Sunnyvale Ca. 94086" stamped into it above and to the right of the cartridge port.. seems like kind of a waste of labor plus pretty cruddy quality, too. Do all of these Taiwanese six switchers have this? Was product loss this big an issue for Atari's overseas manufacturing operations? Would a conscientious Taiwanese citizen put a stray cover in a packing envelope and mail it off to Atari HQ, USA? :)

-RPM-

(This is the third time I've tried getting this reply to take.. GRRRR.. is anyone else having problems with this?) :x

Here's a link to the pic:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp...?selected=58752

There's a control code pretty much the same type of thing on the left side. Is this common to all six-switchers?

Well, either way, it's probably going up for auction on eBay soon with 131 games.. I'll post the URL in marketplace when I get the listing edited.

-RPM-