IGNORED

Atari Jaguar VS Sega Saturn

sd32

Well than damnit I want to see a new kickass Jag game or 2!!! lol... There needs to be more Battlesphere caliber games being made and they need to be available to the public and not from some extremely limited back-channel LIST!!! :P I was on the Battlesphere: Gold list and I never got the confirmation email back in 2002-2003 and I'm still kinda bummed about it to this day. :(

Come on guys we are talking about videogames here.

The actual thread is about Sega VS Jag ease of coding....if I am not mistaken.

...which btw DOES go to a systems power.

I meant that as take it easy. No need to get all worked up and swearing at people about videogames.

I dig. Im just saying is all... :)

SPIFFYONE (what a retarded name...)

Internet tough guys are the laughing stock of the internet.

No need for me to waste my time to prove to you anything.

Translation?

You have no proof of anything.

Everyone read the same mags as me in the 90's and knows that the same 2d games on the Saturn on PS were rated very similarly.

Scans of those reviews?

Because, y'know, I can recall them being quite different.

Hell, I'll do something you can't:

Gamespot.com reviews:

PSone review of SFA2

vs.

Saturn review

Now where is your proof?

Whereas the same 3d game on the both systems was usually rated significantly high on the PS...That's fact. This isn't my damned opinion like you keep stating. I'm not talking out of my ass. Go away...

And yet you and I are discussing 2D games, primarily.

You have yet to show where PSone games were close to their Saturn counterparts in regards to 2D games, fighting games in particular.

Go on now.

You have the magazines. Or you say you do.

Scan and post.

Go on now.

[

Last time I checked the Topic title is........:

ATARI JAGUAR VS SEGA SATURN

Does it anywhere say TECHNICAL anything, ANYWHERE in the topic title!?!?! NO!!!

From the first post in the topic (TC's post):

Whats harder to code for?!! :twisted:

whoops!

:roll:

Edited by spiffyone

Gorf I think you are forgetting the Saturn is in the same boat as the Jag....It's a bitch to program for..so on paper maybe the Saturn will look like it would slaughter the PS, but THE ACTUAL GAMES tell a different picture. The resident Saturn fanboy has pointed out a couple examples of a Saturn 2d game being better than the PS, but he fails to remember the HUNDREDS OF OTHER GAMES where the PS version looks EXACTLY THE SAME...

More Saturn fanboy accusations (y'know, for someone who can read I don't know how you missed me clearly stating I didn't own a Saturn until recently).

More opinions without proof to back it up.

About the only things missing are internet tough guy routines and tasteless insults.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.....

Well that didn't take long on the tough guy and insults sides.

What about ignoring the...

And as far as the Jag handing the PS1 its ass handily in 2d...again, the proof is in the games.

...facts posted earlier.

Why am I not surprised?

BTW, you keep saying that the proof is in the games over and over again, but yet ignore the proof in the games that I (and others) have supplied.

A perfect comparison would have to be Rayman, which looks damn near exactly the same on both systems...there is no difference really and you can't tell me UBI soft aren't hella skilled programmers.........hmm? ;)

Okay. Let's take that ONE game you've now mentioned.

Which was originally programmed on Jaguar. And is damn near the same on all platforms.

Now let's match that up with the games I've mentioned.

Yeah...I'm sure you get the point.

Which you will subsequently ignore. And then move on to the rest of your usual routine.

BTW, Rayman on Saturn has changes such as a more orchestral sound to the ending of the levels (instead of the tinny trianle "ding" in the PSone version), as well as having the levels roll into 3D cubes when you finish them (instead of the zoom in/out in the Jag version or the...well, no effect at all of the PSone version).

Now you can start your next post by ignoring what I posted above. And then move on from there to the rest of your routine.

See how helpful I am?

This looks like a fun game. Let's see, I think I'll add DoDonPachi and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as just two of the 2D games that are superior on the Playstation compared to the Saturn version.

Just to make sure you aren't napping. ;)

Edited by A Sprite

For a while i tought that Lobotomy were one of the few teams that could make the Saturn do better 3d than the Playstation, and then i found this interview. They did a quick port of Quake for PSX, and they had it running at 30fps already, copared with the Saturn 20fps. The guy says that PSX is way better than Saturn at 3d. Man, i tought that if someone could say the contrary, it would be them.

Here is the link:

http://curmudgeongamer.com/article.php?sto...021008212903265

I remember always telling my brother: "ha, the Saturn can do Quake, and the PS cant". Of course that was back in 1997.

SPIFFYONE (what a retarded name...)

Internet tough guys are the laughing stock of the internet.

No need for me to waste my time to prove to you anything.

Translation?

You have no proof of anything.

Everyone read the same mags as me in the 90's and knows that the same 2d games on the Saturn on PS were rated very similarly.

Scans of those reviews?

Because, y'know, I can recall them being quite different.

Hell, I'll do something you can't:

Gamespot.com reviews:

PSone review of SFA2

vs.

Saturn review

Now where is your proof?

Whereas the same 3d game on the both systems was usually rated significantly high on the PS...That's fact. This isn't my damned opinion like you keep stating. I'm not talking out of my ass. Go away...

And yet you and I are discussing 2D games, primarily.

You have yet to show where PSone games were close to their Saturn counterparts in regards to 2D games, fighting games in particular.

Go on now.

You have the magazines. Or you say you do.

Scan and post.

Go on now.

Gimme a break, I'm not trying to be an "internet tough guy"... :roll: I'm trying to put a FANBOY in his place! (note to self: Why the hell am i even responding to this guy again? LOL)

Oh god...again with the no proof bullshit...lmao Fine, just for you, tomorrow after work and after i pick my mom up from her chemotherapy, i'll devote some of my time to the annoying Saturn fanboy just to shut him up for good!!! ;) expect an ownage tomorrow afternoon BUDDY.... ;)

GAMESPOT BLOWS almost as much as EGM...lmfao nice try... OH and lol @ u think im lying about my massive magazine collection (which ive even thinned down in the past year) I still have HUNDREDS of mags from the 1994-1997 time period alone!!! HAHA! And ive read almost all of em cover to cover. I'm very well informed on the 32-bit era!!! in that regard! Just you wait, I'm gonna get sime nice and shiny scans in 600 dpi. ;)

and yes SPIFFY i did indeed know about the MINUTE differences in the versions of Rayman...don't insult my intelligence!!! ;) The fact remains the graphics in all 3 versions are freaking almost exactly the SAME!@!!!!!!!!!! ubi soft is an ubi programming team so this game alone backs up my point that the systems are too close to bitch about which is better....but okay here's another example CASTLEVANIA SOTN PS VERSION IS same or better than saturn version HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH and konami made that one...eh..Konami = one of the greatest programmers of all time? lmfao... ;) Justwait til 2morrow its scan time. You're gonna get zinged bad with a whole bunch of other examples backing my point up booyyow... gnite :P :P :P

(His response will be" OH more insults omg look at ur spelling ur so stupid omg saturn is god ps sucks cus im a sega fanboy wa wa wa wa" :P)

This looks like a fun game. Let's see, I think I'll add DoDonPachi and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as just two of the 2D games that are superior on the Playstation compared to the Saturn version.

dude i missed ur post before i threw in castlevania sorry :P

For a while i tought that Lobotomy were one of the few teams that could make the Saturn do better 3d than the Playstation, and then i found this interview. They did a quick port of Quake for PSX, and they had it running at 30fps already, copared with the Saturn 20fps. The guy says that PSX is way better than Saturn at 3d. Man, i tought that if someone could say the contrary, it would be them.

Here is the link:

http://curmudgeongamer.com/article.php?sto...021008212903265

I remember always telling my brother: "ha, the Saturn can do Quake, and the PS cant". Of course that was back in 1997.

hahaha saturn fanboys = owned :P

No worries, but you might want to be careful of Castlevania. I threw that one in as a gimme; there's a reason it's not as good, and it has nothing to do with the system's power.

hahaha saturn fanboys = owned :P

Not at all. The game never did see the light of day, so we´re back to the dilemma of whether or not we should take the coders word for it. In this case, I´d take whatever is said with a grain of salt. In his own words, he did a "quick port" of it. Even if he did have it up and running at 30fps there´s still a whole lot more to a game than graphics. He might have encountered other difficulties along the way had he had the green light to proceed.

Anyway, it´s pure speculation so people can think whatever they want.

I´m pretty sure I have a Sega Saturn magazine in which an interview with Lobotomy tells it the other way around, so they were clearly catering to their audience at the time.

I actually remember reading that Ezra Dreisbach interview a while back and feeling quite "betrayed" somehow.

Edited by Palmer Eldritch

No worries, but you might want to be careful of Castlevania. I threw that one in as a gimme; there's a reason it's not as good, and it has nothing to do with the system's power.

Well the transparencies and all..but still! It's one of the more critically acclaimed 2d games on either system and low and behold it's better on the Playstation...That's really saying something given it was programmed by freaking KONAMI! ;) But then again maybe PROBABLY Sony payed Konami A LOT more than Sega... hehe

Yep. Good job A Sprite. You just did something what'shisname failed to do for how many pages now?

DoDonPachi is indeed not as good on Saturn as it is on PSone. Neither is In the Hunt, btw.

SOTN, though, is iffy. Transparencies aren't as good on Saturn, naturally, but there's the extra character that you just can't ignore.

Then again, it was a JP release only. So I'll give the PSone version extra points just for being in English.

Always nice to hear what ol' Drac has to say before tearing a hole in him.

It's like catching up with an old friend.

Gimme a break, I'm not trying to be an "internet tough guy"... :roll: I'm trying to put a FANBOY in his place! (note to self: Why the hell am i even responding to this guy again? LOL)

On an internet message board for video game enthusiasts you lower yourself to tasteless insults when no one had insulted you in the first place.

And why do you do that?

Because you're on the 'net and this isn't a face to face conversation. Looking at a computer screen obviously seems to give you some amount of courage. I very much doubt that you call people "stupid", "moron", "retarded" and other such things in your day to day life when having conversations when the conversation on their end to that point has been cordial.

Oh god...again with the no proof bullshit...lmao Fine, just for you, tomorrow after work and after i pick my mom up from her chemotherapy, i'll devote some of my time to the annoying Saturn fanboy just to shut him up for good!!! ;) expect an ownage tomorrow afternoon BUDDY.... ;)

What part of "I didn't own a Saturn until very recently" don't you understand?

I've written that clearly a few times now.

GAMESPOT BLOWS almost as much as EGM...lmfao nice try...

And yet you mentioned EGM as one of the reviews that you were going on about, iirc.

So aren't you just going against what you have been throwing around for several posts now?

I mean, if EGM is "bad", why then would you take stock in their reviews?

And yet again it matters not whether you like the mag or site, but rather what I posted goes against your earlier contention that the scores weren't dissimilar.

OH and lol @ u think im lying about my massive magazine collection (which ive even thinned down in the past year) I still have HUNDREDS of mags from the 1994-1997 time period alone!!! HAHA! And ive read almost all of em cover to cover. I'm very well informed on the 32-bit era!!! in that regard! Just you wait, I'm gonna get sime nice and shiny scans in 600 dpi. ;)

I don't care if you're lying or not.

If you have them, scan and post. Stop going on and on about them as if I'd take the word of someone who lowers themselves to insults on a video game message board on the internet. Can you not see how pathetic such a thing is?